To Those Who Don't Think We Can Win In Gb

Chances are slim to none that we win. **** I thought zona would kill us, and they had a nice game, probably the most complete game of the season. So who knows, ?? There is no team in the NFC that is truly a power house this year. GB has looked worse than the birds at times, and have looked awesome at other times. Lacy is nothing, shut down nelson, and we gotta chance, their D is almost as bad as ours. who knows?? the Lions/Browns MS coaching blunders really hurt, and that might be the thing that keeps the birds outta the PO'S

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Chances are slim to none that we win. **** I thought zona would kill us, and they had a nice game, probably the most complete game of the season. So who knows, ?? There is no team in the NFC that is truly a power house this year. GB has looked worse than the birds at times, and have looked awesome at other times. Lacy is nothing, shut down nelson, and we gotta chance, their D is almost as bad as ours. who knows?? the Lions/Browns MS coaching blunders really hurt, and that might be the thing that keeps the birds outta the PO'S

Lacy has looked pretty good....I would certainly not say he is nothing. I would be surprised if we held him below 90-100 unless they don't feel like running the ball.

Unfortunately, we won't be playing the likes of a Hoyer or Stanton who are both in the bottom tier at the QB position in the league. Rodgers (who is currently the clear front runner for NFL MVP) is currently playing at an unheard of level at home. 360 consecutive passes at home and 31 touchdown passes in a row without an interception at home, both NFL records. Compound the fact that we'll have to hear Al Michaels et al. expound on the fact that the Falcons are in first place with a sub .500 record in maybe the worst division in the history of the NFL it's probably going to end up an embarrassing night for the Birds

Unfortunately, we won't be playing the likes of a Hoyer or Stanton who are both in the bottom tier at the QB position in the league. Rodgers (who is currently the clear front runner for NFL MVP) is currently playing at an unheard of level at home. 360 consecutive passes at home and 31 touchdown passes in a row without an interception at home, both NFL records. Compound the fact that we'll have to hear Al Michaels et al. expound on the fact that the Falcons are in first place with a sub .500 record in maybe the worst division in the history of the NFL it's probably going to end up an embarrassing night for the Birds

Edited, that is the SNF crew. This should be Gruden and Tirico, no?

You had me scared thinking of Collinsworth calling this game. I am actually looking forward to Gruden.

Edited by NOVAFalconFan

Guest Negatorris

The last 4 QBs we've faced have sucked. Rodgers is the best in the league. We have a reason to be pessimistic. A win could happen thinking of the Rams beating Denver, but chances are low. Cold weather game in December? No Bueno

I thought the Falcons would beat Arizona and I think the Falcons have close to zero shot of beating GB outside of a bunch of flukey stuff happening. I just think Rodgers is going to do anything he wants with this Atlanta defense.

I had no Idea Stanton was that bad and their injury list was massive.

But Mr. Rogers is no Drew Stanton and our second half woes continue.

The commentators nailed it last night during the GB vs NE game. They said that the Pats Dline need to make Rodgers through the ball on time. Rodgers eats defenses that let him hold the ball for while. Force him to let the ball go on time and our guys have a shot to cover that but if they have to try and cover for over 5 seconds we're done. And we got to contain and limit Lacy. He's a big boy so we will have our hands full. I say heavy rotation on the Dline to keep them fresh 😎

Unless rodgers, and for that matter half the team, get injured...imagining a scenerio where the falcons win is just about impossible. Maybe if The falcons play their best game of the year while GB plays their worst they could pull it out but even then i'm not sure it would be enough.

When we let the teddy bridgewaters, hoyers, and jay cutlers of the nfl look superhuman and elite...man...it's going to be a gruesome scene when we have to play rodgers.

It is just common sense really. As others have stated, if you can't pressure Rodgers, you are in for a long night. He is ridiculous at Home, and he can make throws nobody else in this league can.

We haven't pressured anybody all season, the secondary is worse with McClain, and the LBs are still poor.

If you blitz Rodgers, he generally eats you alive. We will have to blitz some, if they don't get there, or bring him down, then he will hit big plays down the field. The worse thing that can happen is for a guy to miss a sack allowing him to be on the move.

It is going to take a great offensive performance from us, some fluky stuff, and a Christmas miracle for us to win.

Edited by jeffro2000

i'm not one of the whiny pessimists that litter this board. But they are right about next week. The best case scenario for the Falcons is a frustrating game where ATL stays close or even takes a late lead only to have Rodgers direct a comeback for the W. The most likely scenario is GB covering the spread.

ATL has three winnable games: PIT and CAR at home, and @NO. WIn those three and the Falcons will win the division.