Kc Vs Denver

Knight of God

Guest King Jigsaw

If Peyton is gonna throw TDs, they need to be to Demaryius Thomas. I have DT and my opponent has Peyton.

Just saw DT land awkwardly on his ankle, which is never good. Hope it doesn't effect him.

Yep. Also they showed that Alex Smith has attempted 76% of his passes 10 yards or less down the field which is the most in the NFL. He's attempted just 7% of his passes 20 yards or more down the field which is the lowest in the NFL. Smith has completed just 1 pass of 20 plus yards this season.

Although Smith made a nice throw downfield at about the 4:00 minute mark that his WR promptly coughed up to Denver. Not very helpful.

With Denver's run defense it's a good idea to try and mix in shorter passes to either help set the run game up or to use it in place of the run game. The Chiefs controlled the clock very well in the 2nd half of the DEN game in DEN, using a lot of shorter passes. However, they did not do very well with that against DEN on Sunday Night. That deep pass on their first offensive play of the game was a TERRIBLE call.

I post over on the Denver forum, and the way the fans there were acting during that game was ridiculous IMO. They were acting as if they were TRAILING by 2 scores for most of the game instead of leading. I can't stand when fans act like they have to score a TD on every drive, or act as if settling for FGs is only their offense doing bad rather than the defense playing well. The Chiefs had the best red zone defense in the NFL, and they were acting like their team had some serious redzone problem for only scoring 2 TDs on them, I mean come on. Good defenses don't typically get gashed for 40+ points, even against great offenses.

The funny thing is that some fans said they wouldn't be able to compete with GB if they played like that, when GB struggled in the red zone also. They act as if every good team is perfect it seems, lol. Not to mention GB's red zone defense isn't as good as KC's is.