Republican Congressional Staffer Takes To Facebook To Slam Obama Children

DirtyBirdNorth

I actually thought that it was a good apology, as far as those things go. She didn't hide from it or try to excuse it or blame the other side. What I read simply said that she recognized it was wrong, that she prayed about it, and would try to learn and grow from it.

The real problem is that everything these days is politicized. All of this attention to blowing trivial things out of proportion and into some grand political conspuracy is getting very tiring.

And not to defend her, but our society needs to recognize that people are humans beings who do stupid things on occasion. There's this unfortunate culture that one stupid act or comment can ruin a person's career (depending on their job). Very little in the way of growth and forgiveness and moving on after something like this.

I am not defending her comments whatsoever. But this could be a learning moment about not viewing everyone on the other side as a mortal enemy. Instead, i see a lot of people on the left calling for her job and otherwise trying to ruin her career. That's also wrong and unhelpful.

As I stated earlier, with her job title, she should have known better.

I can imagine her meeting with the boss is not going to be pleasant.

Yeah. That's why I say she should have just STFU. Say the **** amongst her friends or whoever she was with. Don't just direct a message directly to the girls for the world to see.

Yeah. That's why I say she should have just STFU. Say the **** amongst her friends or whoever she was with. Don't just direct a message directly to the girls for the world to see.

Us old farts grew up in a much different world. Millennials (and I'm pretty sure she is one) are living in a world where every thought gets broadcast as a tweet or a Facebook update.

I forget who said it, but someone said that we're approaching a point where there will need to be a law that scrubs everything someone said prior to their 18th birthday from the internet forever.

Us old farts grew up in a much different world. Millennials (and I'm pretty sure she is one) are living in a world where every thought gets broadcast as a tweet or a Facebook update.

I forget who said it, but someone said that we're approaching a point where there will need to be a law that scrubs everything someone said prior to their 18th birthday from the internet forever.

that's pretty sad but it's true lol

Which is why I say her "apology" was crap. Would she have even "apologized", "prayed for hours", or "talked to her parents" had the feces and the fan not met?

If she had realized that her comments were horrible and out of line, do you think she would have posted it in the first place? Part of making a mistake is not realizing at the time that you are about to step neck deep in ****.

If she had realized that her comments were horrible and out of line, do you think she would have posted it in the first place? Part of making a mistake is not realizing at the time that you are about to step neck deep in ****.

honestly, yes. People like her feel as if they can say whatever they want to say and expect nothing to happen to them. Then as soon as it backfires, they wanna ACT apologetic. There is no way anyone can convince me that she didn't think she wouldn't offend them or come off disrespectful towards them. She disrespected the girls, the president and first lady all in one post. She knew what she was doing

honestly, yes. People like her feel as if they can say whatever they want to say and expect nothing to happen to them. Then as soon as it backfires, they wanna ACT apologetic. There is no way anyone can convince me that she didn't think she wouldn't offend them or come off disrespectful towards them. She disrespected the girls, the president and first lady all in one post. She knew what she was doing

Oh, I think that she meant to be disrespectful to them. I'm just saying that she didn't realize just how out of line her comments were at the time. That was her mistake, not realizing that the level of disrespect in her post was out of line for most people.

For ordinary people like us, that kind of stuff is so obviously out of line that we're shocked by it. But when you get into the partisan bubble that is professional politics, things are a lot different. The level of d-baggery is off the scale in some of those offices. I'm just saying that it would be better if she grew from this experience and continued on a career path that led her to be more respectful to the other side than to fire her and replace her with the next hyper-partisan numbskull who is socialized in the "they are the enemy and must be destroyed" mentality.

After reading a bit more commentary, I also think that she made a mistake in not apologizing directly to the President's daughters. But again, that's more reflective of the culture and the generational differences than anything else.

Agreed, I don't believe she is apologetic at all (except for the fact that she was caught with her foot in her mouth).

Oh, I think that she meant to be disrespectful to them. I'm just saying that she didn't realize just how out of line her comments were at the time. That was her mistake, not realizing that the level of disrespect in her post was out of line for most people.

For ordinary people like us, that kind of stuff is so obviously out of line that we're shocked by it. But when you get into the partisan bubble that is professional politics, things are a lot different. The level of d-baggery is off the scale in some of those offices. I'm just saying that it would be better if she grew from this experience and continued on a career path that led her to be more respectful to the other side than to fire her and replace her with the next hyper-partisan numbskull who is socialized in the "they are the enemy and must be destroyed" mentality.

After reading a bit more commentary, I also think that she made a mistake in not apologizing directly to the President's daughters. But again, that's more reflective of the culture and the generational differences than anything else.

ahh, I gotcha. It's funny seeing that though. When I read the article this morning, I shook my head and laughed. I'm like ****, she hit 4 birds with 1 stone.

Agreed, I don't believe she is apologetic at all (except for the fact that she was caught with her foot in her mouth).

Yeah that's pretty much the way I feel as well but we will never know the truth cause she certainly isn't gonna tell the truth. She's gonna say the best thing she can say to make her look like she has never done anything like that in her life

Oh, I could go on for days. Her biggest problem was that Sasha and Malia didn't ask for the spotlight. They are bystanders of their parents aspirations. Go after the POTUS and FLOTUS all you want. They are adults and can deal with stuff like this. Kids not so much. And this crap with throwing stuff out on social media and then having to delete, backtrack, and apologize is getting old.

You meant it, stand by it. Apologizing later is disengenuine. A communications director should know better than anyone what's appropriate for social media and what's not. So maybe she should be fired, I don't know.

Lastly, I can't help but wonder if she has any experience dealing with teenagers at all. Their behavior was better than typical. My girls (17 & 13) would have stood me up. My 13 year old goes days without talking to me and when she does, it is one word answers.

Bottomline is she should have known better. Instead she read some slanted article and thought she was the expert. Maybe another communications director should pen a FB rant to her about effectively doing her job.

Politicians kids should be off limits, but, to be brutally honest, Mahlia and Sasha should always be mindful that cameras are present and their every move will be scrutinized! Six years in the White House, they should at least act interested! Those turkeys shouldn't even phase them at this point, they've done it before!