Thin Line Between 8-4 And 5-7

MD-FalconFan13

We aren't a bad team. We just are missing several pieces. 3 games in to me could have the perception of our team VERY different.

Minnesota, Detroit, and Cleveland. All very winnable games. Hester has now by my count dropped 4 Tds. That's not counting the ones Julio dropped. We settle for FGs way too much. That is one reason we are not 8-4, instead were 5-7.

Edited by MD-FalconFan13

Different between this year and years 2012 and prior is those prior years this team would have won most of not all of games like the MN, Det, NYG, Chi, and Clev games. Some years the ball bounces your way and some years they don't. I do think that not having 3 of your 6 1st rounders do hurt though. It's like not having a 1st round pick for 4 of the 7 years, but that's what happen when you miss on your 1st rounders and don't get lucky with the latter rounders either.

2 coaching blunders cost us two games right off the top.

We could have basically clinched the division with those wins. Probably would of had to beat Carolina

Coaching decisions did hurt, but don't let the players off the hook either. They didn't lose those games right then and there. The defense could have still make a stop and they didn't.

I view us as a 7-5 team, but Smith actively sabotaged us in two of those games. We should have won the Detroit game anyway, though. I really hope they fix that rule.

I see the opposite,,, we should have lost the Carolina game.

But going down this stretch will be interesting, because all the

cards will be out on the table in 4 weeks.

Point being one or two TDs instead of FGs and were talking about a completely different perception of this very same team.

It's all a play here or a play there. Heck, we could have best the Cards by 40. It's all a bounce of the ball.

Talk about perspective, people would have looked at a 8-4 or 7-5 team totally different than a 5-7 team, but they are basically the same team minus a play or two each game. Sometime the line of winning and losing is that small in the NFL, 1 or 2 plays a game.

Point being one or two TDs instead of FGs and were talking about a completely different perception of this very same team.

It's all a play here or a play there. Heck, we could have best the Cards by 40. It's all a bounce of the ball.

You make a good point,, but this team has a funk that has been building for 7 years.

So I am basically in agreement that in No Way should our team be this bad, but we are.