I Thought The Offensive Line Looked Better Today

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Besides that one big SJax run, still can't run block...I can't watch us running on 3rd & shorts

I disagree. They just can't seem to figure out how to use SJax.

They want to use him like he is 27-28. Straight power for SJax, zone and pitches for Freeman. When they get to pulling and SJax has to read his blocks, it fails. We have too many of those in the playbook with SJax in the package.

That Oline is gelling. They're really picking up their assignments and not getting beat as much on blitzes,stunts etc... Matt doesn't have an enormous amount of time in the pocket but in the last few games he's definitely at least have an actual pocket to work out of and enough room to escape when the pocket breaks down. If their blocking at least continues to be average our offense can return to being explosive as long as we keep attempting to run the ball.

OL isn't as bad as some of the apologists would have you to think...

We are on our third center and 3rd RT. We have 5 OL on the IR.

We are playing 2 rookies on the OL.

We have 2 undrafted free agents starting on the OL, 1 of which is a rookie, the other of which is a 2nd year player.

Yes, yes they are that bad. They are playing well considering the circumstances.

We have 2 undrafted free agents starting on the OL, 1 of which is a rookie, the other of which is a 2nd year player.

Yes, yes they are that bad. They are playing well considering the circumstances.

How you are found isn't the problem, gelling and holding your block in the right offense does. We played a team that isn't so bad on defense and played well...

Our third center has been our best center.

The rookie Matthews is better than a healthy Baker.

The line excuses really are just to make up reasons for Jackson and Ryan

This line seems fine in pass pro, but I see nothing from them to inspire confidence in the run game. The line now is markedly better than it was in weeks 2 through 8, but it is still a one dimensional line that makes the gameplan predictible. As was mentioned earlier, this line is still young and gelling as a group. I would love to see the Falcons commit to the run game going forward to see how this group can come together.

Hopefully the GB game stays close because December in Lambeau is a great time to pound the rock in between the tackles.

The line has gradually been coming together over the past few weeks, with today's game being the best performance yet. We'll get a better picture of where they're at when we play the Packers next week, but I like their steady progress. Props to Mike Tice for creating a decent OL despite all the chaos.

This line seems fine in pass pro, but I see nothing from them to inspire confidence in the run game. The line now is markedly better than it was in weeks 2 through 8, but it is still a one dimensional line that makes the gameplan predictible. As was mentioned earlier, this line is still young and gelling as a group. I would love to see the Falcons commit to the run game going forward to see how this group can come together.

Hopefully the GB game stays close because December in Lambeau is a great time to pound the rock in between the tackles.

So rushing the ball 34 times for 142 yards against one of the best defenses in the NFL is nothing to inspire confidence in you that we can run the ball effectively?