49'ers To Try And Trade Harbaugh After Season

Guest facelessman07

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some team like Oakland or new York will trade a mid to late rounder for him.

They have no true leverage. Everyone knows they'll fire him if he's not traded. The only play they have is if some team wants to get it in on him before harbaugh can choose his own fate.

Trading for a coach is silly.

The Bucs did it for Gruden, and went to a Super Bowl. Yes, I know that Dungy was there, and that was his team, but Dungy and that same team (minus Brad Johnson) couldn't get over the hump, and Dungy got fired after finishing 9-7 with a team that was much better than that. Gruden came in, got a new QB (whom he never worked with), implemented a new system for the offense to learn and went to the Super Bowl. Yes, their defense was the star of the show, but they needed an offense that could score and eat clock and that what they did.

Dungy would never have a losing season with Indy after that, but he also had Peyton Manning in his prime during that entire time.

I'm not saying the Falcons should trade for Harbaugh, especially for a high draft pick ( two first round picks and 8 million in cash) and money like the Bucs gave Oakland. I also, don't think anyone will have to trade for Harbaugh, as the organization is making it known that they don't want him anymore. I think Harbaugh is likely to be fired either after this season or next, or leave to go coach in the college ranks (where he'll probably make more money) again, and then make his way back to the NFL if he feels like it. I can't say confidently that Harbaugh would be good in Atlanta, and I say that, because the defense in San Fran is what makes them a good team...Harbaugh wouldn't have that luxury here, and might fail as a result of it.

Edited by 4dabirds

The Bucs did it for Gruden, and went to a Super Bowl. Yes, I know that Dungy was there, and that was his team, but Dungy and that same team (minus Brad Johnson) couldn't get over the hump, and Dungy got fired after finishing 9-7 with a team that was much better than that. Gruden came in, got a new QB (whom he never worked with), implemented a new system and went to the Super Bowl. Yes, their defense was the star of the show, but they needed an offense that could score and eat clock and that what they did.

Dungy would never have a losing season with Indy after that, but he also had Peyton Manning in his prime during that entire time.

I wouldn't do it...

Don't want a coach that inherits a team that has been picking in the top 10 for years and has a roster full of talent with NOTHING to show for it.....a Loud Mouthed Overrated pretender...

Roster full of talent that didn't go to the playoffs for 8 years prior to him, but as soon as he shows up they go to 3 straight NFC Championship games and 1 super bowl. Yea, that's nothing though.

I wouldn't do it...

I agree, it just seems like a waste.

Let the Niners fire him due to them really wanting him gone badly, then go from there.

The Bucs gave up picks for Gruden, but he was still not worth that trade even though they won a SB. I honestly think that trade set that team back after the 2002 season and one of the reasons why the Bucs as an NFL power was very short lived.

unfortunately it will probably cost a 1st round pick to get him. I'd give up a 3rd at most. Too many needs.

You can guarantee that the 9ners would want way more than that. The Bucs had to give up number one picks for 2 consecutive years and 8 million in cash for Gruden, and Gruden had not had as much success as Harbaugh has now.

Roster full of talent that didn't go to the playoffs for 8 years prior to him, but as soon as he shows up they go to 3 straight NFC Championship games and 1 super bowl. Yea, that's nothing though.

You are overlooking the obvious. Just because he is a better head coach than Singletary and Nolan doesn't qualify him for sh*t. It is possible that lots of other coaches would have won a Super Bowl with that roster, and Harbaugh just doesn't have it. I don't know, and neither do you. Pointing out that he was a less terrible coach than Singletary or Nolan doesn't make much of a case for you.

Tell me this:

Is the SF O-line a lot better than ours?

Is the SF D-line a lot better than ours?

Are the SF RBs a lot better than ours?

Are the SF LBs incredibly better than ours?

Is the SF secondary a lot better than ours?

In fact, isn't it fair to say that QB and WR are the only groups where we are better than SF?

Yet you think this underachiever should come here? With this roster?

Edited by NOVAFalconFan