What You Guys Think About This College Coach?

youngbloodz

We all know Smitty is done. But what about Mark Helfrich as his successor? He was Oregon's OC while Chip Kelly was there and has Oregon still playing at a high level since being promoted to HC. He is a flat out great QB coach. One of the best in football. Throwing out a different name to my Falcons brethren.

I thought about that last week. I was thinking if Blank decided to go in a different direction. Trade Ryan to a team that needs a good QB and get a good draft pick for him. Draft Mariota, and the best pass rusher in the first round.

the dead money on Ryan's contract makes him near impossible to trade.

I heard people say Phillip Rivers will fail in the NFL cause of his unorthodox throwing motion. To say anyone will fail at anything before they even try is silly to me.

And yet the essence of the draft process is trying to determine who will succeed at the next level versus who won't. Imagine that.

Edited by NOVAFalconFan

I thought about that last week. I was thinking if Blank decided to go in a different direction. Trade Ryan to a team that needs a good QB and get a good draft pick for him. Draft Mariota, and the best pass rusher in the first round.

"Change for the sake of change is not a good thing."

Why would we trade our franchise QB for an unproven rookie?

and that's why Marcus Mariota will be a top 10 draft pick but yet a TATAF member says he will be a bust. Imagine that. Who to trust? Hmm

They draft busts in the top 10 every year....that's part of what makes them busts. You are arguing from a very silly position if that is your foundation. "They" drafted Jamarcus Russell, and RGIII, and Ryan Leaf, and on and on.