Five Nfl Head Coaches Most Likely To Be Fired

cb743f

I don't follow the Bears so I don't know if Cutler is playing better or not but the Bears have a losing record and Cutler is 2nd in INTS behind Blake Bortles this year.

Cutler still has his moments at times but overall he is still playing better.

Cutler is tied for 5th in TD passes with 24, 7th in completion percentage with 66.7, and 6th in passing yards. Trestman has improved Cutler but Cutler will still have his moments at times.

Trestman could really help Ryan a bit if he were to come here as an OC with QB coaching duties. He would not be a head coach if he were to come here so the Bears record under him really doesn't matter.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

TBH - Atlanta or chicargo would be the best fit for Harbaugh of all those locations. Clearly niners are the best team and no.1 coaches point but Atlanta is better than Oakland, jets, giants when you consider current roster, owners, salary cap etc. however factor in QB and its falcons all the way - especially for a coach who was an ex NFL qb himself.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/five-nfl-head-coaches-most-likely-to-be-fired/ar-BBg8GfH

The National Football League is a brutal business. If you dont perform every year, there is a better-than-average chance that the door is about to close behind you. This season will also provide us with a change of address for many coaches, men who havent been able to get the job done with the cards they were dealt.

Below are the five most likely firings at the end of the season:

5. Marc Trestman

Trestman came to the Chicago Bears from the Canadian Football League two years ago after accruing a litany of experience as an NFL assistant with the San Francisco 49ers and Oakland Raiders among others. Trestman was billed an offensive wizard who would build a juggernaut with the Bears, who are loaded with talent at the skill positions.

Despite having Brandon Marshall, Alshon Jeffery, Martellus Bennett, Jay Cutler and Matt Forte, Trestman has watched his team fail miserably. After an 8-8 rookie campaign and being 5-7 this season, Chicago has tired of this team and its underachieving ways. With Cutler locked up long-term, Trestmans ousting will be the easiest way to shake up this once-proud franchise.

4. Tom Coughlin

Coughlin is a great head coach and one day will find himself in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. With the New York Giants, Coughlin has won a pair of Super Bowls. Unfortunately, Coughlin wont be coming back to Big Blue after a third-straight disappointing season. Since winning the Super Bowl in 2011, New York has not been back to the playoffs.

At 3-8, the luster has worn off the pair of Lombardi Trophies sitting in the glass case. Coughlin is 68 years old and ownership is realizing this team need a sizable overhaul. For the Giants, it will take a younger head coach who can oversee that change and be there when the team is ready to win again.

3. Rex Ryan

Staying in the Big Apple, Ryan will be on his way out. Ryan started with a very promising tenure with the New York Jets, going to the AFC Championship Game in his first two seasons (2009-10). In the last four seasons, Ryan has not been back to the postseason and watched as general manager Mike Tannenbaum was fired and replaced by John Idzik two years ago.

In fairness to Ryan, Idzik has been a complete mess and will also be fired shortly after the season concludes. Still, Ryan has not been able to coach up some of the younger talent and forge New York into a winner. Fans are tired of his bombastic act and will get a new coach in short order.

2. Jim Harbaugh

Harbaugh is clearly one of the best coaches in the NFL. After being hired by the San Francisco 49ers before the 2011 season, Harbaugh drove the team to three consecutive conference title games and a Super Bowl appearance. Unfortunately for Harbaugh, it appears both general manager Trent Baalke and some of the players have grown tired of his ultra-intense ways.

Even with a mountain of success, Harbaugh is likely to be out with his 49ers appearing on the outside of the NFC playoff picture. Harbaugh will be hired immediately by another NFL team, and San Francisco will be moving on to find a better fit for its organization. Its a risky move that could result in disaster.

1. Mike Smith

Smith has been the head coach of the Atlanta Falcons since the 2008. While Atlanta has reached the postseason four times, it has never made it to the Super Bowl. Last year, the Falcons suffered through an injury-plagued, 3-13 campaign. Smith had enough equity to survive that season, but wont make it through another disaster.

Smith is one of the worst time-management coaches in recent memory and compounds that issue with asinine play-calling. Its been a solid run for Smith, but the time to move on has arrived for both him and the Falcons.

Asinine playcalling. Asinine.

I truly believe Harbaugh is coming to Atlanta. Blank needs to hire a coach that will bring some excitement along with sell tickets. Harbaugh would be a very sexy hire compared to a great coordinator out there who has never been a head coach before. Harbaugh is also the anti Mike Smith yet is actually a more conservative coach than Smith is in a weird way

I truly believe Harbaugh is coming to Atlanta. Blank needs to hire a coach that will bring some excitement along with sell tickets. Harbaugh would be a very sexy hire compared to a great coordinator out there who has never been a head coach before. Harbaugh is also the anti Mike Smith yet is actually a more conservative coach than Smith is in a weird way

That's what I'm afraid of, Blank hiring the "name" coach that the fans will recognize, instead of picking out the coach who is the best fit for us. I'm hoping that Blank is going to be smarter than that.

That's what I'm afraid of, Blank hiring the "name" coach that the fans will recognize, instead of picking out the coach who is the best fit for us. I'm hoping that Blank is going to be smarter than that.

Harbaugh is different though. He's not leaving San Francisco because he's a failure. He's leaving because it's obvious the GM, Owner, and him do not see eye to eye

Edited by JD dirtybird21

OK.. I think Harbaugh is going to Oakland, Smith to the Jets, Rex to the 9ers. and Coughlin will retire. So I guess that leaves us Trestman.ohmy.png

Just Kidding I have no idea what is going to happen. However I do think Harbaugh is going to end up in Oakland.

Edited by A-TOWNnDOWN

No he's leaving b/c he rubs everyone the wrong way, not just in the FO.

We need a coach who isn't afraid to pull a veteran for a younger more inexperienced player (ala Smith for Kap). Saying he rubs everyone the wrong way seems like a stretch from what I see on game day footage and soundfx. Some vets - especially on our team - probably need a good kick up the a$$ to play to their potential. Even if we only get 4-5 years out of him before the front office and players are fed up with him I'm pretty sure well be a better team overall for it. I'm excited by what he could do for NR to be honest

Marc Trestman wouldn't be a bad hire as an OC along with QB coach duties.

He turned Rich Gannon into an NFL MVP QB and has improved Cutler this season. He has also worked as a QB coach for Steve Young, Bernie Kosar, and Jim Kelly(in college at Miami, Kelly became the #14 overall pick in the draft after working with him).

He is just not HC material.

qb coach only

Cutler still has his moments at times but overall he is still playing better.

Cutler is tied for 5th in TD passes with 24, 7th in completion percentage with 66.7, and 6th in passing yards. Trestman has improved Cutler but Cutler will still have his moments at times.

Trestman could really help Ryan a bit if he were to come here as an OC with QB coaching duties. He would not be a head coach if he were to come here so the Bears record under him really doesn't matter.

The games I've watched he still looks the same to me. Still make the same mistakes, the team plays the same way and Cutler has the same body language on the sidelines. Trestman was supposed to build this offensive juggernaut when he first came in, but what juggernaut has he built before. The QBs he coached up are all from the 90's, what has he don't in the NFL the last 10 years to warrant any coaching position? He's not what you want on your team. The problem with this fan base/MB is we wanna grab who ever the media says is great, whether that be coach or player. People thinking any of those coaches is gonna save this franchise are sadly mistaken. They'll be the same ones calling for the new HCs head next season when were sitting at around 2-6/3-5.

What 3 destinations are better than Atlanta?

Are you serious?

Giants: Great owner. Great fans. Winning tradition.

Bears: Great owner. Great fans. Winning tradition.

49ers: Good owner. Great fans. Winning tradition.

Falcons: Awful owner. Awful fans. Losing tradition.

You could even make the case for the Jets gig being a more desirable job, due to the team being in a higher profile market and having more past success than the Falcons.

Edited by cooperbh

Coaches dont give a **** about fans and tradition

They want: money, power, a QB, supporting roster and a owner willing to spend.

This team is def an attractive gig. Blank has shown he is willing to give the HC and GM time. Every owner would fire at least Smith after the past two seasons.

I would say CHI might be as favorable or more maybe. Atlanta is a better place to live and the wives would prefer the ATL to CHI. Between taxes and media I dont think major market like NY is as desirable as days past.

Coaches dont give a **** about fans and tradition

So-called "A-list" coaches do. Nobody with a ring on their finger is leaving a cushy analyst gig to come coach in a half-filled stadium. Or, worse, one in which half the stadium is filled with the opposing team's fans.

What coaches really want more than anything, though, is an owner who will stay out of their way and let them do their job. Considering that out of the four coaches who have worked for Blank, two have quit during the season and another publicly fantasized about it, it's pretty clear at this point that coaching candidates know they will not get that autonomy here.

Are you serious?

You could even make the case for the Jets gig being a more desirable job, due to the team being in a higher profile market and having more past success than the Falcons.

What about the teams?

QB: Falcons, Giants, 49ers, Bears - only Kap is younger, but he's clearly not as good. Ryan is the best new and in the foreseeable future.

Offense: Bears, Falcons, Giants, 49ers - 2 All-pro WRs and Matt Forte gives Chicago the edge. Falcons have all the weapons, just no O-line our OC. Any offensive minded coach would probably want to head to one of the top two.

Defense: 49ers, Bears, Giants, Falcons - Obvious advantage fire 49ers. Bears in the mix too. Would take some convincing for a defensive minded coach to come to Atlanta and take the job of fixing this train wreck. Woulda also need some security and ensured that he'll be involved in drafting decisions.

Overall: After considering all the factors, Atlanta is a prime location for an offensive mind like Trestman, not so much for defensive guys like Rex.

Are you serious?

Blank isn't an awful owner. The Smiths were awful owners. Al Davis was an awful owner. Huge difference between making mistakes and being an awful owner.

Winning tradition? Chicago has been under 500 14 of the 22 years since Ditka left. That super Bowl was a long time ago.

And the Giants are a horrible team right now- tradition doesn't change that.

49ers, maybe- but they're about to let a coach go that just took them on 3 straight deep playoff runs.

You've decided that Blank is a meddling jerk, while admitting you have no proof of that. Saying something over and over again doesn't make it any less wrong.

Blank isn't an awful owner. The Smiths were awful owners. Al Davis was an awful owner. Huge difference between making mistakes and being an awful owner.

Winning tradition? Chicago has been under 500 14 of the 22 years since Ditka left. That super Bowl was a long time ago.

And the Giants are a horrible team right now- tradition doesn't change that.

49ers, maybe- but they're about to let a coach go that just took them on 3 straight deep playoff runs.

You've decided that Blank is a meddling jerk, while admitting you have no proof of that. Saying something over and over again doesn't make it any less wrong.

I said there was no smoking gun specifically in regards to TD trading up to draft Blank's friend's son. There is plenty of proof that Blank is a meddling jerk for anyone who cares to remove their head from the sand and take a look at it.

The fact that you have to make things up about what I said to make Blank look better says even more about him as an owner.

And, yes, Al Davis may have lost his mind in his extreme old age, but Blank hasn't accomplished or contributed even a sliver of what that Hall of Fame owner did in the NFL. Show some respect.

Are you serious?

I think our fans are OK.I mean what do you expect from a fan base that has been walked all over for the best part of 40+ years.

Are you serious?

and none of them have a franchise QB. Eli has gone downhill after his last SB. And when has Chicago had a great owner? Must have miss that one