Larry Fitzgerald 'highly Likely' To Play "stinging Remarks About The Falcons

insight

Injury report: Larry Fitzgerald 'highly likely' to play

By Chris Wesseling
Around the NFL Writer
Published: Nov. 28, 2014 at 11:55 a.m. Updated: Nov. 29, 2014 at 01:22 a.m.
Help could be on the way for a struggling Arizona Cardinals offense that has managed just three points over the past seven quarters.

Although Larry Fitzgerald has yet to practice this week and is officially questionable, he's optimistic about returning to the lineup for Sunday's game at the Atlanta Falcons.

"I'm highly likely," Fitzgerald said Thursday, via The Arizona Republic, "but it's not my call, though."

Cards coach Bruce Arians said Friday afternoon that Fitzgerald will be a game-time decision.

Fitzgerald insists his sprained MCL isn't limiting his ability to run this week.

"I'll put my check up against your check and we can go outside and race right now," Fitzgerald quipped to a reporter.

The Cardinals are a physically and mentally tough team. The Falcons only pretend to be.

With or without Fitzgerald, Arizona has an inviting matchup against an Atlanta defense that entered this week with the NFL's worst total defense (409.9 yards per game), worst passing defense (284.1) and 30th-ranked third-down defense (47 percent conversion rate allowed).

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Ryan has played some of his worst football ever in his career against the Cards in recent years.

yep, I was there in 2013. First pass of the game was a pick. They went through 3 or 4 qbs and falcons barely won thanks to a late rub by the burner. I'm surprised there hasn't been many "the cardinals defense isn't that good" posts

You're ignoring that Palmer has been good in Arizona hence their extension

I'm not ignoring anything. He had his best season since 2011 last year with Palmer. Just because he hasn't cracked 1000 yards in 3 years, you consider him average. This year Palmer missed 3 of the first 4 games and Fitz numbers took a hit. Only had 2 low games since. It doesn't completely fall on him. If the qb sees that there is no play to be made, that's a target taken away from Fitz.

The truth hurts - simply start coaching and playing better consistently and favorable media comments will replace comments like in this article

Injury report: Larry Fitzgerald 'highly likely' to play

By Chris Wesseling

Around the NFL Writer

Published: Nov. 28, 2014 at 11:55 a.m. Updated: Nov. 29, 2014 at 01:22 a.m.

Help could be on the way for a struggling Arizona Cardinals offense that has managed just three points over the past seven quarters.

Although Larry Fitzgerald has yet to practice this week and is officially questionable, he's optimistic about returning to the lineup for Sunday's game at the Atlanta Falcons.

"I'm highly likely," Fitzgerald said Thursday, via The Arizona Republic, "but it's not my call, though."

Cards coach Bruce Arians said Friday afternoon that Fitzgerald will be a game-time decision.

Fitzgerald insists his sprained MCL isn't limiting his ability to run this week.

"I'll put my check up against your check and we can go outside and race right now," Fitzgerald quipped to a reporter.

The Cardinals are a physically and mentally tough team. The Falcons only pretend to be.

With or without Fitzgerald, Arizona has an inviting matchup against an Atlanta defense that entered this week with the NFL's worst total defense (409.9 yards per game), worst passing defense (284.1) and 30th-ranked third-down defense (47 percent conversion rate allowed).