Star Wars: The Force Awakens Trailer

The Shotfather

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The most jarring thing about the newest trilogy outside of how remarkably awful it was, was how it looked NOTHING like the original trilogy at all. It was almost like that was the one that was sold off to a new company and made by a new studio and director.

Looking forward to the less glossy embossed version that this looks like it's going to be.

I've always wanted to see a Game of Thrones-style intrigue and war story set in the SW universe. Something inherently darker with characters who are more gray in nature.

The on-planet stuff has always been the most interesting stuff to me in the SW movies, not the grand space opera battles. I like them visiting different planets like we would visit different countries, and all the different cultures and races they run into.

I've always wanted to see a Game of Thrones-style intrigue and war story set in the SW universe. Something inherently darker with characters who are more gray in nature.

The on-planet stuff has always been the most interesting stuff to me in the SW movies, not the grand space opera battles. I like them visiting different planets like we would visit different countries, and all the different cultures and races they run into.

I can't remember if any of the SW novels I read were like that. Most of them fall into the trap of having some evil jedi that the good guys have to defeat. It looks like this one might be following the same pattern.

That lightsaber looks like a sword a medieval Knight would carry. Rather than being something "new"....it feels more like something ancient.

I honestly thought the video was a parody spoof and they were making reference to Game of Thrones. I had to watch it three times to realize that it was actually real (and I'm still not fully convinced).

Everything up until the Millennium Falcon scene looked terrible. I don't get the soccer ball R2D2 bot whatsoever.

I can't remember if any of the SW novels I read were like that. Most of them fall into the trap of having some evil jedi that the good guys have to defeat. It looks like this one might be following the same pattern.

Most of the complaints that I've read that people have about the Extended Universe of Star Wars is that there is so much incredible framework to build with, but nobody has really done it to much effectiveness.

There really is so much to pull from, and I have never read any of the books that have to do with the EU stuff, but I have lost myself more than once in the Star Wars wiki pages, wishing that these were movies instead of novels or comics.

It's a shame that nobody has come along yet and wrote an epic set of books in the same sort of GRRM fashion. GRRM has built a 100x more interesting universe using 2 continents than anyone has managed to do using Star Wars' multiple galaxies.

Edited by The Shotfather

J.J. Abrams

What a lucky nerd. Dude was put in charge of rebooting the Stark Trek universe and now continuing and hopefully fixing the Star Wars one.

I was never a fan of the show Star Trek but the 2 recent movies were awesome. I'm glad you didn't say it was Michael Bay.