This Just Does Not Look Or Seem Right...

domeOFpain

For some reason, neither team in the NFC South deserves to go to the playoffs; all are embarrassing to the league. But, those are the rules...my, my, my. The NFC South leader will flip flop to the end of the season. I say the Panties win it on strength of remaining schedule. Without tanking, if I was Arthur I would be happy(ier) with the higher draft pick if we did not win the Division. Slip sliding away..

post-169606-0-15770000-1417109694_thumb.

For some reason, neither team in the NFC South deserves to go to the playoffs; all are embarrassing to the league. But, those are the rules...my, my, my. The NFC South leader will flip flop to the end of the season. I say the Panties win it on strength of remaining schedule. Without tanking, if I was Arthur I would be happy(ier) with the higher draft pick if we did not win the Division. Slip sliding away..

Division winner deserves to go to the p/o...better be the Falcons.

WTF makes you think AB knows what to do with it.

If you aren't pulling for the Falcons to win the division, you're not a very good fan.

I disagree. Playoffs+ division leaders + improved record from last year means that Smitty is going to get an extension. That is not good for the falcons, because we know that he does not deserve that extension.

Blank is going to want a good team for the opening of the new Stadium. That means he is more likely to give Smitty a second chance, if he is able to do those things. The logic will be that we won the division and were a playoff team and that with more talent on defense, the record could improve. Also throw in that some of the games we lost were very close. We easily could have had 5 wins, if Smitty did not fudge up.

I disagree. Playoffs+ division leaders + improved record from last year means that Smitty is going to get an extension. That is not good for the falcons, because we know that he does not deserve that extension.

Blank is going to want a good team for the opening of the new Stadium. That means he is more likely to give Smitty a second chance, if he is able to do those things. The logic will be that we won the division and were a playoff team and that with more talent on defense, the record could improve. Also throw in that some of the games we lost were very close. We easily could have had 5 wins, if Smitty did not fudge up.

Blank isn't stupid. He knows that if we win the division it is of no credit to Smitty

Blank isn't stupid. He knows that if we win the division it is of no credit to Smitty

I think it is silly to say he deserves no credit.

Never said Blank was stupid, but this team has improved on wins and is undefeated against division opponents. Blank would give smitty one more year to see if this was really a fluke or if he can turn it around with one more offseason. I think Blank would rather take that risk than have to start fresh only a couple years from the opening of the new stadium.

Never said Blank was stupid, but this team has improved on wins and is undefeated against division opponents. Blank would give smitty one more year to see if this was really a fluke or if he can turn it around with one more offseason. I think Blank would rather take that risk than have to start fresh only a couple years from the opening of the new stadium.

No way in hale, son. Smith is gone Dec. 29th. No. Matter. What.

If you aren't pulling for the Falcons to win the division, you're not a very good fan.

This teams management and coaching staff is a Disgrace to football.

I will do nothing to support it or the ownership.

To do so would only encourage continuation of the same thing for next year.

So you go right ahead and be a good fan and encourage incompetance and

beat your chest while pontificating about what a good fan is or is not.

You might want to get a new drool bibb whie your at it sporty,, you gonna need it.

You're delusional if you think anything short of a deep run into the playoffs (meaning at least 1 or 2 wins) means Smitty is keeping his job. Blank isn't stupid. He's not keeping Smitty around if the Falcons back into the playoffs by winning the division at 6-10.

Guest Negatorris

Dallas isn't a good matchup for us. They are really the only team that worries me. I know the Packers are explosive but Dallas' O-line is elite and I think they'd punish us via TOP

Our best shot would probably be Detroit or Philly.

This teams management and coaching staff is a Disgrace to football.

I will do nothing to support it or the ownership.

To do so would only encourage continuation of the same thing for next year.

So you go right ahead and be a good fan and encourage incompetance and

beat your chest while pontificating about what a good fan is or is not.

You might want to get a new drool bibb whie your at it sporty,, you gonna need it.

So you are saying you are not a fan of this organization. Just remember to stay off the wagon when things do get better.

I hope I am wrong and Smitty and Co are gone, but I do not believe that will be the case. I think Blank will give them a second chance, because our team has "improved" since last year and we made the playoffs. The risk now is that Blank wants a team that is going to be good when he opens the new stadium. That means he is going to have to decide if it is better to start over with an unknown coach and hope they are good by the time the stadium opens or stick with smith.

I think he will stick with smith, if he makes the playoffs. I hope I am wrong.

I hope I am wrong and Smitty and Co are gone, but I do not believe that will be the case. I think Blank will give them a second chance, because our team has "improved" since last year and we made the playoffs. The risk now is that Blank wants a team that is going to be good when he opens the new stadium. That means he is going to have to decide if it is better to start over with an unknown coach and hope they are good by the time the stadium opens or stick with smith.

I think he will stick with smith, if he makes the playoffs. I hope I am wrong.

IMPROVED!?!?!?!?!?!?! IN WHAT AREA HAS THE 2014 ATLANTA FALCONS IMPROVED FROM THE 2013 ATLANTA FALCONS!?!?!!?!

Assuming that we go 6-10 and win the division. We will have gone from 4th in the division to 1st in the division. That is a nice improvement. Our record would have improved 2 wins. We were close in multiple games, so one could argue that under slightly different circumstances that we would have had an even better record than we currently do.

I am not saying this is what I want. I have been one of the more vocal critics of both Smith and TD for a couple years now. I have wanted them gone since the whole Abe fiasco and the 2012 TB game at the end of the season. I am just pointing out that this is a possibility, if we win the division. This is also why, while I root for the falcons to win, I hope the cards fall where we are not the leader of the division and we let some other bum team in our division get that "honor". I'd rather have the higher draft pick for our next HC.

Assuming that we go 6-10 and win the division. We will have gone from 4th in the division to 1st in the division. That is a nice improvement. Our record would have improved 2 wins. We were close in multiple games, so one could argue that under slightly different circumstances that we would have had an even better record than we currently do.I am not saying this is what I want. I have been one of the more vocal critics of both Smith and TD for a couple years now. I have wanted them gone since the whole Abe fiasco and the 2012 TB game at the end of the season. I am just pointing out that this is a possibility, if we win the division. This is also why, while I root for the falcons to win, I hope the cards fall where we are not the leader of the division and we let some other bum team in our division get that "honor". I'd rather have the higher draft pick for our next HC.

The Falcons are playing in the worst division in NFL. That's the only reason they appeared to be improved. They lost a lot of close games last year so that means nothing to me.