If We Win The Divison With A 6-10 Record

Faithful Falcon

I would love a playoff game. . Who can we beat ? The Saints and the Panthers ? This season ...smh

I can just see Mike Smith scared and nervous watching and waiting to call another time out and lose another game.....lol

and if that happened we'll know for a fact we'll have a new hc next season

If we make the playoffs with a 6-10 record, then Smith is keeping his job. Even if we get beat in the playoffs. Blank will be like we had a 2 game improvement from last year and won the division, so the coaching staff deserves another season, so Smith will get a one year contract extension.

I disagree. I believe Smith and coaching staff is done. I have faith in Blank to make the right choice.

No thanks. The GB dismantling on MNF will be bad enough. The last thing we need is another prime time gaffe that exemplifies the ineptitude of this coaching staff.

Getting into the playoffs with a losing record. ..would you actually be expecting to win? I wouldn't. No one would. So what's the gaffe?

I'd rather take the shot than say..Yea no thanks I'll just miss it anyways

If we make the playoffs with a 6-10 record, then Smith is keeping his job. Even if we get beat in the playoffs. Blank will be like we had a 2 game improvement from last year and won the division, so the coaching staff deserves another season, so Smith will get a one year contract extension.

I really hope you're wrong about that

Getting into the playoffs with a losing record. ..would you actually be expecting to win? I wouldn't. No one would. So what's the gaffe?

I root for this team to win every Sunday. I'm not a tanker, but it is hard to get through some of these games the last two seasons. So many blunders and constant ineptitude. I just don't want that highlighted during another prime time beat down. Like you stated, this team is going nowhere fast this year. So why hope to make the playoffs to only get smacked around?

Because playoffs or not 6-10 is 6-10 and this is a flawed team.

So here's something else to think about... Since no one thinks we'll win it most likely means the Dome would be filled with opposing fans and outnumber Falcons 4-1. No Falcon fan is going to spend money to watch the Falcons get blowed out.

So the 'home' playoff game will essentially be an away game. Unlike the upcoming Steelers game the playoff game will be in front of a national audience so every Media outlet will jump on how horrible Falcon fans are and how Atlanta is a horrible sports town.

If you thought Atlanta was a joke now...

Fellas, I'm actually talking about the bad side of winning the division. True, when you're are in the playoffs, the regular season doesn't matter. For a 6-10 team, where everyone will be fired, it matters. If you don't win it all, it's just a waste. A 6-10 division winner that loses in the first round will pick no higher than 22nd in the draft. 6-10 and not making the playoffs, and you're picking in the top 10.

I would love a playoff game. . Who can we beat ? The Saints and the Panthers ? This season ...smh

I can just see Mike Smith scared and nervous watching and waiting to call another time out and lose another game.....lol

I think our players need to start using up all the timeouts early in each half. Don't give Smitty the option.