Jerry Glanville: " Ill Take The Cheerleader On The Right Please"........

gafalcon1

Glanville is a turd in boots. Never cared for him and when I met him at atlanta motor speedway back on 2008 and we had time to talk for about 30 minutes I realised why I never cared for the guy. He is a walking one liner at best. You would not believe the arrogance he showed me that day. wowsers!

I mean I am sitting there on pit lane talking with the "Hall of fame" racing team owners, Troy Aikman and Roger Starbauch and this turd thinks he was the topic of the day. very strange individual. very strange..

Like a mini Elvis with no talent at all. :-)

Sucks that hall of fame racing folded but hey those two were not the first nfl super stars to bite off more than they could chew in another sport..

Edited by Goal2Go

I'm not defending Glanville. I get the hate, and we did lose a lot.

That said, the losing was a bit overstated. We did have a nice 10-6 season his second year, ending an 11-year playoff drought. If i recall, we beat the Saints in the Wild Card, and then lost in the divisional round.And he did have more wins in his final two season than we are likely to have in Smitty's last two. With Smitty, we get all the losing, but with no motorcycles, black hats, or MC Hammer on the sideline... smile.png

I did not have fun watching them. To me it was a bunch of talk about being tough while losing all the time. We're a better team this year than we were under glanville IMO.

Uh, no. I'd take Glanville's playoff team vs. these Falcons every time. The run-n-shoot would put up 35 on our pathetic defense. Chris Miller threw a beautiful long ball and with our pathetic pass rush, it'd be easy pickings.

Andre Rison, Michael Haynes, etc would be running free most all day.

Deion would shut-down Julio and Roddy would get his against McKyer but not nearly enough to make a difference.

Both running games sucked and would be non-factors.

like i said in another thread, some coordinators are GREAT coordinators, but not meant to be head coaches. glanville was one of them. he had that atlanta gritz blitz defense on point when he was their defensive coordinator, but as a head coach, just like rex ryan, they too much about the SHOW instead of coaching.........

the-grits-blitz.jpg

like i said in another thread, some coordinators are GREAT coordinators, but not meant to be head coaches. glanville was one of them. he had that atlanta gritz blitz defense on point when he was their defensive coordinator, but as a head coach, just like rex ryan, they too much about the SHOW instead of coaching.........

the-grits-blitz.jpg

1. He was an assistant, not the coordinator.

2. Let's all look back lovingly on a 7-7 season.

1. He was an assistant, not the coordinator.

2. Let's all look back lovingly on a 7-7 season.

he was the falcons defensive coordinator from 1979 to 1982. any REAL falcon fan knows that and know we were the BEST team in the nfl in 1980, 12-4 record, but sat on that lead against the cowboys in what is STILL the worst falcon defeat ever in my opinion............NEXT........

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/atl/1980.htm

12-4-0, Finished 1st in NFC West Division · 1980 NFL Season Summary

SRS: Total 7.8, Offense: 4.5, Defense: 3.4, SoS: -0.5, avg is 0.0.

Scored 405 points (25.3/g), 5th of 28 in the NFL. Allowed 272 points (17.0/g), 5th.

Differential of 133 points (8.3/g), 4th. Expected W-L: 11.5-4.5.

Coach: Leeman Bennett (12-4-0)

Defensive Coordinator: Jerry Glanville

Stadium: Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium

Training Camp: Atlanta Falcons Training Facility (Suwanee, Georgia)

Edited by atlbenz

but we were the funnest league in the team back then and one of the funnest teams of all time, one of the reasons i even signed up to play football at 7 years old was bc of that Falcon team and of course u can tell by my user name that was the team that made me become a huge falcon fan (was a fan since age 4, became a HUGE fan at age 7)

I loved Glanville. Especially as a DC. Eleven hats on the ball. GritzBlitz baby!

His Coaching career NFL record was 93–101 yeah he rocked! :-)

Also he was Head Football Coach at Portland state , tallying a mark of 9–24. <<<< hahaha really?

He was the secondary coach for the Falcons from 1977–1978 and the Falcons defensive coordinator from 1979–1982

His total win loss with Houston as a HC was 33-32 / .508

His total win loss with Falcons as a HC was 60-69 / .429

Man he was special. doh!

The only thing he was ever great at was coming up with creative catchy one liners for things..

Heck, he even tried his luck in the UFL and stunk up the joint.

Maybe he should have coined a new saying there like he did in the NFL..

"This is the UFL! Which stands for Under Functioning Loser when you make those kinds of calls!! hehe

But he did draw atention to the team I guess.. LOL

Edited by Goal2Go

As a coordinator, his defenses finished 25th, 16th, 14th and 14th.

Beastly.

You left off a few stats son:

1979 - 12th rush yards per attempt

1980 - 5th in pts allowed, 5th in sacks, 7th in takeaways, 9th in rush yards per attempt

1981 - 2nd in rush yards allowed, 5th in rush yards per attempt, 9th in takeaways

1982 - 9th in takeways

He was 27-37 as our head coach with three losing seasons in four years. But after suffering through dan Henning and Marion Campbell, where going 4-12 seemed like a triumph, he was a godsend. They were not the best team in the league, but they were the most fun to watch. They weren't afraid of going head to head with anyone.

The 1991 club remains to this day my all- time favorite falcons team

I did not have fun watching them. To me it was a bunch of talk about being tough while losing all the time. We're a better team this year than we were under glanville IMO.

LOL. You're either insane or doing some kind of drug that has totally trashed your brain. My sympathies and best wishes for a fast recovery.