Dirk Koetter Is Not The Problem. I Would Keep Him If I Were The New Coach.

gafalcon1

A lot of people are down on him, saying the falcons are predictable, etc. but thats a result of dirk having to work with what he has got. He didnt all a sudden become a stupid offensive coordinator. The falcons cant pass protect or run the ball, thus, it has hampered his ability to spread the field like he used to do. Another problem is the tight end position is lacking. matt doesnt have that security blanket underneath anymore and it has affected his play because of the lack of pass protection. The falcons STILL put up good numbers, even with all their problems. Its inconsistent, but there are tons of teams with worst offenses.

When tomlin got hired on with the steelers, he didnt clean house. He kept the defensive coordinator because it wasnt broke. I believe the new falcon coach ( i would love for them to hire todd bowles), should concentrate on that defense and let dirk continue to run the offense. They need to keep scott pioli and dump dummytroff to enable pioli to bring this all together....

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It concerns me that Koetter has not designed passing routes that break our playmakers more open. If you look at OC's, like Payton, Kubiak, Shurmur and Jackson, you WR's that are often left wide open. I know that 90% of on the field success comes from the players, but Koetter's schemes don't seem to create space between defenders and our receivers.

I can't blame Koetter for the lack of run offense. That is all predicated on OL play. No blocking = No running.

Disagree.

He IS predictable and that has nothing to do with personnel.

The Falcons have a playbook full of different plays they can run, yet there are never any surprises to mix things up.

I still believe that Smith has control over his coordinators, but Koetter is supposedly in charge of calling plays according to situation.

I would vote for wholesale change beginning with the GM.

Falcons need to continue to bolster the OL. Remember it took three years for the Cowboys to get the OL they have now. They need to make a few more moves and the Falcons will be in position to own the division for years to come.

And yet the Cowboys still never went under .500

Our o-line isn't the best in the league but this is used way too often as a crutch to support our teams and coaches.

Koetter is the one who called a deep shot on 3rd down last week. He calls the multitude of bubble screens. Instead of using Antone in space, his idea of more touches is trying to run Antone between the tackles. He has zero idea how to use our RB's to their strengths.

Our receivers are never open and get little YAC because of their routes.

Falcons need to continue to bolster the OL. Remember it took three years for the Cowboys to get the OL they have now. They need to make a few more moves and the Falcons will be in position to own the division for years to come.

We're not owning anything until we fix our defense. That is more than a couple years away. We've been needing passrushers that TD and company keep ignoring. But adding those will help out a lot.

Yeah, but at the same time. Dallas drafts OL with 3 first round picks. It's cool if we can build it like the Old Great Wall of Dallas OL, but this is not a good match.