Video Released Of Police Shooting 12 Year Old In Cleveland

bdog 29

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2014/11/cleveland_police_officer_shot_1.html

The video is highly compressed but the timestamps make it seem like there were approximately two seconds between the police cruiser coming into the scene and the kid being shot. The car hadn't even fully stopped before the first shot was fired.

Now, when this whole thing happened the police said that they told the kid to get down 3 times. Maybe I'm a slow talker but I don't see how that's possible considering the timeline of events.

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, people need to stop taking the police at their word on these incidents. It's about covering their @sses more than anything.

You know what really kills me about this, Darren Wilson's words were assumed to be true in the whole Ferguson case. I can't tell you how many people I heard saying, "If you don't want to get shot, you shouldn't assault a cop and charge at him."

If there wasn't video evidence of this kid being shot literally 2 seconds after the cops came into frame people would be saying, "I don't care if he was 12, he shouldn't have been waving a gun a cops even if it was a toy." This kid would be vilified and blamed for his death and no one would have questioned anything about it.

Here's an article from Reuters.

Cleveland video shows police shot boy within seconds

CLEVELAND (Reuters) - Cleveland officials on Wednesday released a video of the fatal police shooting of a 12-year-old boy that shows him pointing a pellet gun around a park before police arrive and shoot him within two seconds.

Tamir E. Rice was shot by a patrol officer on Saturday after a 911 call reported someone pointing a gun at people at the Cudell Recreation Center. The caller said the gun could be a fake.

The video shows the boy walking and pointing the gun in different directions before entering a gazebo.

A patrol car with two officers pulls up to the gazebo. The first to get out, identified by a city official as Timothy Loehmann, 26, shoots almost immediately.

In a news conference broadcast by NBC, Cleveland Police Deputy Chief Ed Tomba said the time between the car pulling up and Rice being shot was 1.5 to 2 seconds.

There is no audio on the video, but the officers said they told Rice to raise his hands three times before he was shot, police said. He died on Sunday.

Asked why the car pulled up so close, Tomba said "That's a legitimate question," which is part of the investigation.

In a statement about the video, Rice's family said, "It is our belief that this situation could have been avoided and that Tamir should still be here with us." The family asked the community to remain calm and keep protests peaceful.

Cleveland police said Loehmann and the second officer, Frank Garmback, 46, were both on leave. A union representative said the officer who shot Rice had been on the force for under a year.

Rice had an Airsoft-type replica gun that resembles a semiautomatic pistol, but typically shoots plastic pellets, police said.

Rice's family described him as “a bright young man who had his whole life ahead of him."

The video release follows a second night of sometimes violent protests over a Missouri grand jury's decision not to indict a white Ferguson police officer for the fatal shooting of Michael Brown, an unarmed teenager.

Both Rice and Brown were African American.

The shooting case will go to the Cuyahoga County Grand Jury for possible charges.

An Ohio grand jury in September decided not to press charges against two police officers who fatally shot a man while he held a pellet gun at a Dayton-area Walmart.

Edited by Krispy Kreme Fan

Air soft with the orange tip removed. Crazy how they pulled up that close to a kid reported with a gun. And a little quick on the draw. Bad situation all around, why walk around with a gun in public waving it around? Why pull up to the kid that close and open fire? Lotta bad here, Lotta bad

Air soft with the orange tip removed. Crazy how they pulled up that close to a kid reported with a gun. And a little quick on the draw. Bad situation all around, why walk around with a gun in public waving it around? Why pull up to the kid that close and open fire? Lotta bad here, Lotta bad

Well nevermind my previous post.

Video Proves Cops Shot Guy in Walmart Immediately, For No Reason

Shopper who called 911 on Ohio man during Walmart gun chaos changes story

Shopper Ronald Ritchie originally told police that John Crawford III was pointing a gun at children and adults when he picked the unloaded weapon off a shelf in Walmart, but now says "at no point did he shoulder the rifle and point it at somebody."

Walmart shooting: No indictments against officers in fatal shooting of John Crawford III

That was a tactical cluster **** the police ****** up ......

They had no concealment or cover and the officer on the passenger side knew that and panicked and shot first.

Unfortunately I've exchanged rounds with 15-60 year old's .

But that shouldn't have happened those cops are morons coming up to him like that.

Also where are the parents ?

I know my 12 year old won't be walking around the local park with a airsoft replica hand gun .... Why ? Because I don't want him to get shot by the police

So much fail Here.....

Who is in charge of training these cops ?

Krispy Kreme I feel like you might be a tad racist towards anyone not black, you don't care about any other unarmed people who get shot?

You are throwing around the racist card a little to easily. Do you even know what it means to be racist? How is Krispy posting these stories racist. Also How do you get the feeling that he does not care about other races? Because most of hid stories have been about African Americans that have been killed at the hands of polices?

You are throwing around the racist card a little to easily. Do you even know what it means to be racist? How is Krispy posting these stories racist. Also How do you get the feeling that he does not care about other races? Because most of hid stories have been about African Americans that have been killed at the hands of polices?

Thought you weren't talking to me anymore?