We Told Isaiah Crowell He "doesn't Fit Our Scheme"

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You do realize that the Browns run a zone blocking scheme and we don't, right? You do realize Crowell - like every other nobody RB that has ever faced us - will fade back into obscurity once he goes back to playing against actual NFL-caliber defenses, right?

No, of course you don't.

I agree players have a field day against us. (I.e. Bridgewater) but I did want Crowell. Gotta agree TD has got cocky and needs to go.

http://www.thefalcoholic.com/2014/11/25/7282763/isaiah-crowell-did-not-fit-atlantas-unstoppable-offensive-scheme

No wonder he ran all over our *****. GREAT job TD and Smitty. Those 4 linebackers you drafted sure ******* helped us more than Crowell would've.

I don't normally look back on what ifs in the draft but we needed this guy and we kicked the tires on him and could have had him at a steal.... same story as Seantrel Henderson.

Yeah, when I saw how far he was falling, I basically said why not? Not like he was going to really hurt us if he didn't make the team.

thats what we get when ******* are in charge.

Could have drafted Aaron Lynch who went in the 5th instead of Prince Shembo, probably the best pass rusher so far this draft. Has 4 sacks. Guess he was a trouble maker huh.

Could have drafted EJ Gaines who went in the 6th, NFL starting corner for the Rams, instead we took Ricardo "big balls" Allen who is on the practice squad.

Could have drafted Zach Kerr, NT for the Colts instead of Smallwood. He has 3 sacks. Soliai has 0.

Could have had Crowell, Avery Williamson, Telvin Smith. Instead we have Shembo, Spruill and Starr.

And before you give me the hindsight excuse, a lot of the guys I mentioned were in mocks on this board over the people we drafted that no one heard about.

great post. YOU did your homework...........emot-worship.gif

thats what we get when ******* are in charge.

Could have drafted Aaron Lynch who went in the 5th instead of Prince Shembo, probably the best pass rusher so far this draft. Has 4 sacks. Guess he was a trouble maker huh.

Could have drafted EJ Gaines who went in the 6th, NFL starting corner for the Rams, instead we took Ricardo "big balls" Allen who is on the practice squad.

Could have drafted Zach Kerr, NT for the Colts instead of Smallwood. He has 3 sacks. Soliai has 0.

Could have had Crowell, Avery Williamson, Telvin Smith. Instead we have Shembo, Spruill and Starr.

And before you give me the hindsight excuse, a lot of the guys I mentioned were in mocks on this board over the people we drafted that no one heard about.

To be fair, even more mocks had Calvin Pryor, Clowney, and Jairus Byrd as a free agent. LOL.

TD doesn't decide that he doesn't fit scheme. That's coaches. If anything, this proves that TD scouted, and was in contact with him.

I just don't get why this is so hard to grasp...

I'll be honest, I didn't think he would translate well into the NFL because of personal problems and possibily being injury prone, but saying he "doesn't fit our scheme" is ridiculous. As for as I know, TD makes the final move and could have pulled the trigger and taken a chance, instead of drafting 17 LBers who have no use. Crowell fell so low that he was a hidden gem and should've taken a chance. This "scheme" excuse is BS.

Clay Matthews apparently didn't fit our scheme either and you see what happened, we got some of that Jelly and he retired while Clay goes on to be a prolific Pro Bowler. Our GM and talent evaluation staff is complete garbage and we make terrible decisions.

Apparently Tyler Starr was a better pick.

Please, tell me how this is on the GM and the talent department? It was obvious they scouted him. Clearly they saw something worth spending time on. It was the coaches who gave them the red light. This further shows TD was not force feeding decisions for this roster. Once TD brings in the talent, the coaches have to make it work. They won't take talents they can't work with.

I've always said the issue is our coaches can't see talent. Richard Sherman would have been a special teamer on this team with Smitty. No GM is going to trump his HC unless he wants to get fired. Please find me instances where successful GMs just did what they wanted and ignored the coaches who have to make the roster produce.

I just don't get why this is so hard to grasp...

Please, tell me how this is on the GM and the talent department? It was obvious they scouted him. Clearly they saw something worth spending time on. It was the coaches who gave them the red light. This further shows TD was not force feeding decisions for this roster. Once TD brings in the talent, the coaches have to make it work. They won't take talents they can't work with.

I've always said the issue is our coaches can't see talent. Richard Sherman would have been a special teamer on this team with Smitty. No GM is going to trump his HC unless he wants to get fired. Please find me instances where successful GMs just did what they wanted and ignored the coaches who have to make the roster produce.

How about John Idzik, chump.

Oh, wait. You said successful GMs, not dumpster fire terrible GMs. My bad.

No he didn't. He was just injured and in trouble all of the time. When he was healthy he was a beast.

Anyway, fit our scheme? F*ck you TD, seriously, this **** is unreal

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/isaiah-crowell?id=2543550

Now you might attribute those weaknesses to being injured all the time but that's what I saw when he played at UGA.

How about John Idzik, chump.

Oh, wait. You said successful GMs, not dumpster fire terrible GMs. My bad.

Exactly.

Lol and Idzik already has his mind made up on letting Rex go anyway. Very few GMs force feed coaches players that they don't think they can work with. With Smitty, that severely limits the players you can bring in. Hence, why we go for a bunch of STers after the third round instead of high ceiling character guys.

IC doesn't fit the scheme, neither does Sjax...considering we passed on 3rd and 2. Put the ball in MR's hands.

The problem with SJax is that he's not the player he was in STL, even in the slightest. Yet, they won't make the hard decision and limit his carries. Only use him in the second half honestly. But if it took 5 years to figure out Antone was more than a STer, then it may take another 5 years to figure out SJax

The problem with SJax is that he's not the player he was in STL, even in the slightest. Yet, they won't make the hard decision and limit his carries. Only use him in the second half honestly. But if it took 5 years to figure out Antone was more than a STer, then it may take another 5 years to figure out SJax

SJax should have got the ball on 3rnd and 2...2nd half of the game.

I don't even like SJax, but know that much.

Why do we have so much faith in MR then?

Smtty ball points to SJax getting the ball...not MR running plays with 20 secs on the clock.

Not letting MR be the decider on 3rd n 2.

I get the faith in Ryan. It's at the wrong times. Running the ball doesn't mean you don't have faith in your QB. It means you have faith in your OL manning up. Look at Brady. He willingly hands the ball off.

Ryan on the other hand, will run the play that's called and not challenge the stupidity of a pass in that situation.

I get the faith in Ryan. It's at the wrong times. Running the ball doesn't mean you don't have faith in your QB. It means you have faith in your OL manning up. Look at Brady. He willingly hands the ball off.

Ryan on the other hand, will run the play that's called and not challenge the stupidity of a pass in that situation.

You make excuses for a QB, running his "O" "No Huddle"...snapping the ball with ample time on the clock.

I absolutely, don't get the faith in trusting MR with the ball.

You make excuses for a QB, running his "O" "No Huddle"...snapping the ball with ample time on the clock.

I absolutely, don't get the faith in trusting MR with the ball.

No. I'm agreeing. But it's not a lack of faith in MR.

That's the problem. We think not going to MR in that situation is a lack of faith in MR. I guess it's his lack of faith in Roddy and Julio if you think that way too.

Belichick has all the faith in the world of Brady. He's not throwing a bomb in that situation and Brady isn't agreeing to it neither.

The decision was never Matt's. They called TO to figure out the best play. Now, if Matt suggested a pass, then he's just as much an idiot. But having seen Koetter just call a screen just weeks prior, it's easy to see who the culprit is.

Lol, really? Crowell is a nobody, had issues in college, and was passed over by every team in the league...this is a nonstory.

And I went to UGA and want to see the guy succeed AND believe TD and Smith should be fired...but COME ON this is reaching.

This all day.

"You don't fit our scheme" is a nice way of saying "we saw how big of an idiot you were in Athens, no thanks."

I would have done the same thing.