We Told Isaiah Crowell He "doesn't Fit Our Scheme"

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You do realize that the Browns run a zone blocking scheme and we don't, right? You do realize Crowell - like every other nobody RB that has ever faced us - will fade back into obscurity once he goes back to playing against actual NFL-caliber defenses, right?

No, of course you don't.

You sound pretty butthurt, not sure why. Crowell's game will most definitely translate to the NFL - and considering our rushing defense is ranked 26th, that means that apparently theres 6 more teams out there without an NFL-caliber run defense, even though all those teams are in the NFL.

rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

thats what we get when ******* are in charge.

Could have drafted Aaron Lynch who went in the 5th instead of Prince Shembo, probably the best pass rusher so far this draft. Has 4 sacks. Guess he was a trouble maker huh.

Could have drafted EJ Gaines who went in the 6th, NFL starting corner for the Rams, instead we took Ricardo "big balls" Allen who is on the practice squad.

Could have drafted Zach Kerr, NT for the Colts instead of Smallwood. He has 3 sacks. Soliai has 0.

Could have had Crowell, Avery Williamson, Telvin Smith. Instead we have Shembo, Spruill and Starr.

And before you give me the hindsight excuse, a lot of the guys I mentioned were in mocks on this board over the people we drafted that no one heard about.

how can a talented RB not fit a scheme? zone or not....a back will hit the whole when its there

No clue what these people are talking about lol... AFAIK we run a zone blocking scheme under Tice or were headed that way anyway. Good backs will get yards, and Crowell is gonna be a **** good NFL back.

Could have drafted Aaron Lynch who went in the 5th instead of Prince Shembo, probably the best pass rusher so far this draft. Has 4 sacks. Guess he was a trouble maker huh.

Could have drafted EJ Gaines who went in the 6th, NFL starting corner for the Rams, instead we took Ricardo "big balls" Allen who is on the practice squad.

Could have drafted Zach Kerr, NT for the Colts instead of Smallwood. He has 3 sacks. Soliai has 0.

Could have had Crowell, Avery Williamson, Telvin Smith. Instead we have Spruill and Starr.

And before you give me the hindsight excuse, a lot of the guys I mentioned were in mocks on this board over the people we drafted that no one heard about.

Yep I had Lynch, Crowell, and Kerr decking out my final rounds of the draft. I think we nailed everything up till we hit Shembo and then it went to total ****.

Because your take that Crowell would have made a difference on this team was so stupid it hurt. It literally hurt.

LMAO... yea bud, Crowell is nowhere near Quizz, a dying SJax, and Jerome Smith's talent level. Literally Devonta Freeman is the only pure RB we have Id put at Crowell's level, and we dont even know if he is cause he doesnt get snaps. Antone isn't as good a pure RB as Freeman or Crowell (just an open field threat like Darren Sproles IMO).

Could have had Crowell, Avery Williamson, Telvin Smith. Instead we have Spruill and Starr.

I had a lot of those guys in my own mocks. I'm still calling hindsight though, just b/c it's a pet peeve of mine to pick the most successful players, and say that we should've taken them. Bottom line, we need coaches who are willing to take a risk sometimes. Saying no b/c of scheme, is coaching.

I had a lot of those guys in my own mocks. I'm still calling hindsight though, just b/c it's a pet peeve of mine to pick the most successful players, and say that we should've taken them. Bottom line, we need coaches who are willing to take a risk sometimes. Saying no b/c of scheme, is coaching.

yeah, I have no doubt if we drafted most of those guys, especially the pass rushers like Lynch, they would be on the innactive list every sunday. Crowell would probably be 5th string all year because of seniority.

No he didn't. He was just injured and in trouble all of the time. When he was healthy he was a beast.

Anyway, fit our scheme? F*ck you TD, seriously, this **** is unreal

TD doesn't decide that he doesn't fit scheme. That's coaches. If anything, this proves that TD scouted, and was in contact with him.

It's unclear whether those three clubs were in attendance at Alabama State on Tuesday. But according to montgomeryadvertiser.com, Crowell's childhood favorite Atlanta Falcons would be the team he'd like to play for most.

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/article/20140305/SPORTS0403/303050043/Alabama-State-pro-day-Crowell-skips-drills-due-drizzle

TD doesn't decide that he doesn't fit scheme. That's coaches. If anything, this proves that TD scouted, and was in contact with him.

I'll be honest, I didn't think he would translate well into the NFL because of personal problems and possibily being injury prone, but saying he "doesn't fit our scheme" is ridiculous. As for as I know, TD makes the final move and could have pulled the trigger and taken a chance, instead of drafting 17 LBers who have no use. Crowell fell so low that he was a hidden gem and should've taken a chance. This "scheme" excuse is BS.

Clay Matthews apparently didn't fit our scheme either and you see what happened, we got some of that Jelly and he retired while Clay goes on to be a prolific Pro Bowler. Our GM and talent evaluation staff is complete garbage and we make terrible decisions.

Apparently Tyler Starr was a better pick.

I'll be honest, I didn't think he would translate well into the NFL because of personal problems and possibily being injury prone, but saying he "doesn't fit our scheme" is ridiculous. As for as I know, TD makes the final move and could have pulled the trigger and taken a chance, instead of drafting 17 LBers who have no use. Crowell fell so low that he was a hidden gem and should've taken a chance. This "scheme" excuse is BS.

Clay Matthews apparently didn't fit our scheme either and you see what happened, we got some of that Jelly and he retired while Clay goes on to be a prolific Pro Bowler. Our GM and talent evaluation staff is complete garbage and we make terrible decisions.

Apparently Tyler Starr was a better pick.

I never said that I disagreed with you about the scheme thing. I just said that it's the coaches that decide that to be the case. This one was probably on Koetter.

Antone touches the ball 36 times and scores 5 touchdowns. 2 rushing and 3 receiving.

Steven Jackson touches the ball 157 times and has 5 rushing touchdowns. Zero receiving touchdowns.

When looking at all of our other RB's stats, Antone has the far better touchdown ratio.

What get's me about the Falcons is this idea the powers that be seem to have about having a "RESTRICTED SET AMOUNT OF PLAYS PLAY COUNT" on the RB, and DEFENSIVE players and other players. They let that be known, so NO DOUBT it increases the chances that when those particular players are out there that the FALCONS are going to 9 times out of 10 more than likely try to utilize that player when they are on the field. Very predictable making it really tuff for even a good O-line to open lanes and protect Matt Ryan. And even if the FALCONS don't let it be KNOWN that they are limiting CERTAIN players number of plays, GAME VIDEO gives away that secret to the other teams that watch FALCONS VIDEO Game Footage......... JMO............

Edited by GeorgiaFalconFan

Could have had Crowell, Avery Williamson, Telvin Smith. Instead we have Shembo, Spruill and Starr.

this coaching staff wouldn't know how to use those players.