Tablets. Worth It Or Nah?

WOR

Probably not. They only did a spring launch for an iPad once, but all of the others have come in September and October. The iPad Pro might come out in the Spring with a silent update on the others, though. I doubt there will be a different form factor until fall 2015, and even then I'm not expecting a huge update.

I wish they would stop changing the form factor. I would much rather have the form factor of the iPad Air with a bigger battery than the form factor of the iPad Air 2. I do not see a point in going so thin. I also feel this way about the iPhone 6, but to a lesser extent, since they are much larger than their predecessors and Apple cares about one hand use. The obsession with thinness is getting a bit silly at this point.

People are saying that the iPad Mini 3 is like the iPad 3, which we know got replaced by the iPad 4 just months later. I think they wanted to do more with it, but were not able to in time, so they just took a mini 2 and slapped Touch ID on it.

I think spring is going to be when the iPad Pro comes out. Supposedly we will have 2 more major updates to iOS8. I think iOS8.2 is going to bring support for the Apple Watch, so iOS8.3 is probably going to be when the iPad Pro comes out with Multi Window support.

I wish they would stop changing the form factor. I would much rather have the form factor of the iPad Air with a bigger battery than the form factor of the iPad Air 2. I do not see a point in going so thin. I also feel this way about the iPhone 6, but to a lesser extent, since they are much larger than their predecessors and Apple cares about one hand use. The obsession with thinness is getting a bit silly at this point.

People are saying that the iPad Mini 3 is like the iPad 3, which we know got replaced by the iPad 4 just months later. I think they wanted to do more with it, but were not able to in time, so they just took a mini 2 and slapped Touch ID on it.

I think spring is going to be when the iPad Pro comes out. Supposedly we will have 2 more major updates to iOS8. I think iOS8.2 is going to bring support for the Apple Watch, so iOS8.3 is probably going to be when the iPad Pro comes out with Multi Window support.

Yeah, I agree about the obsession with thin. This is supposed to be the next iPhone...

article-2535226-1A785D0E00000578-364_634

So GF, how much for that gold iwatch? I have heard anywhere from $2k to $10k

It would not surprised me. I think smart watches are going to be a bust, unless the price comes down, battery life goes up, and they are guaranteed to be updated for at least 5 years, which would be a miracle for the technology. I think Apple would be smart to buy fitbit, because what they are going with wearables looks like it is going to be more promising than smart watches. 7-10 days of battery life as well as most of the censors of the apple watch for less than 300. It may not be as stylish, but it is more functional and I think they will sell more units.

Yeah, I agree about the obsession with thin. This is supposed to be the next iPhone...

article-2535226-1A785D0E00000578-364_634

Hopefully bendgate has caused them to change their mind about going thinner. They need to focus on battery life and other aspects of a device, instead of thinnest. They have let other companies pass them in display technology. They may have the best LCD displays, but recently the S5 and Note 4 were crowned best display overall and best LED display.

Jenna Say What????

It is real 18ct gold, so it is going to be very expensive. I would not be surprised, if it had a price in the thousands, especially with them saying that the base is going to be around 349, which is going to be for the cheapest model.

I never really wanted a tablet. My son gave me his and I actually like it for browsing when I'm in bed or in the bathroom. Also good in public places like malls or coffee shops. Decent in meetings for one on one presentations.

were you on the toilet when you posted this? Be honest.