Randy Cross Said Fans/the City Part Of The Blame Because They Settle For Mediocrity!

rollo lawson

And he was 100% correct in his assessment. Ive been saying this for the longest. Not just with the Falcons, but with all Atlanta teams. You might want to throw UGA and Right in there too. The sports talk media and the AJC are culpable to. They gave this regime a pass when real diehard fans were calling B.S. the last two years.

And now all you hear is that we are in the drivers seat in the NFC South. WTH!! This team is a train wreck going nowhere fast. The way this team plays and the coaches coach, we will get embarrassed on national TV in the first round. But everyone will say, "well at least we made it to the playoffs". Albeit at 6-10. I wouldn't even call that mediocrity. As long as we settle for this crap, they will keep feeding it to us.

Edited by rollo lawson

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And he was 100% correct in his assessment. Ive been saying this for the longest. Not just with the Falcons, but with all Atlanta teams. You might want to throw UGA and Right in there too. The sports talk media and the AJC are culpable to. They gave this regime a pass when real diehard fans were calling B.S. the last two years.

And now all you hear is that we are in the drivers seat in the NFC South. WTH!! This team is a train wreck going nowhere fast. The way this team plays and the coaches coach, we will get embarrassed on national TV in the first round. But everyone will say, "well at least we made it to the playoffs". Albeit at 6-10. I wouldn't even call that mediocrity. As long as we settle for this crap, they will keep feeding it to us.

Well there are certainly some nuthuggers here. My favorite are the ones who claim they are true fans because they are willing their salad's tossed by all things Falcons. I live in Philly and Smith would have had his hose burn down for what he has done..metaphorically speaking, well kind of.

At what point have the Atlanta fans accepted mediocrity? When I hear a coach and a team getting booed, then I'm thinking that is not acceptance. The fans, don't draft the players, pick the coaches or the owners. The fans only show support by showing up, and it's not like there has been overwhelming support in that area either.

But everyone will say, "well at least we made it to the playoffs". Everyone? I think maybe a small percentage might, but overall, anybody with a brain knows what is going on.

To blame fans of a team for not doing something meaningful in the teams 40+ years of existence, is like blaming the passengers on a train for the train going off the tracks. STUPID.

At what point have the Atlanta fans accepted mediocrity? When I hear a coach and a team getting booed, then I'm thinking that is not acceptance. The fans, don't draft the players, pick the coaches or the owners. The fans only show support by showing up, and it's not like there has been overwhelming support in that area either.

But everyone will say, "well at least we made it to the playoffs". Everyone? I think maybe a small percentage might, but overall, anybody with a brain knows what is going on.

To blame fans of a team for not doing something meaningful in the teams 40+ years of existence, is like blaming the passengers on a train for the train going off the tracks. STUPID.

Yeah you've been sitting on the train for too long I see.

I've never accepted mediocrity, it's just the best that I've ever been given by this team. Doesn't mean I accept it. So far, I've been told that if I stop going to games to make a point because the team is terrible, then I'm a bad fan. And now, If I go to games and support the team when the team is bad, I'm a bad fan because I accept mediocrity. Whatever shall I do? He could have said the local media accepts mediocrity because that's absolutely true.

Randy Cross is terrible on Radio and how can anyone say I am settling for mediocrity? Even by not buying tickets, I don't affect the outcome of any of the football decisions or results. Saying that the fans "accepting" anything is the reason for the team's lack of success is pure stupidity.

Then, when Atlanta residents don't go to the games or buy tickets, the media racks up the fans are the worst in the country. So, how do you win or be better fans?

Is it go to the games and accept mediocrity, or boycott the games and say we don't deserve a team?

Feel however you want, but, Randy Cross is still a dumb as$. should not feel good about agreeing with him whatsoever. I really wish he was on the radio in San Francisco. He sucks here.

I agree 1000000000000000000000000000%. Winners have a different mentality they just do. In any other job environment employers expect production and growth. While Ga fans are content with being content. While I don't think we need an by any means necessary kinda attitude we need to Start to really hold these paid professionals accountable.

Yeah you've been sitting on the train for too long I see.

So I should just go and support a team with a long rich history of winning? That's the smart thing to do?

How about this. I see pro sports as nothing but entertainment. When my chosen team is not doing well, then I'm less likely to make an effort to go see them. I chose the team because of geographic and it is a family following. Jumping on another teams list of fans seems rather misguided to me. So, what other voice do I have in the matter when my team stinks? Nothing is what. It doesn't matter what I think, because I do not own the team, make the picks or coach the team. I can however live my life not giving a shyt about someones stupid opinion on how football fans have something to do with a teams success or lack thereof.

@ TeamPlayer1, sometimes I seems as if the F.O. listens to the media and the fans..."more explosive," "TG is the missing piece," "Turner is done," "Falcons are soft," "Change of pace back...etc"

You're exactly right. We have never built the team the right way, inside out. Atlanta fans and the media want the hype and the flashy player. Never mind if we are building a solid team on both sides.

I agree 1000000000000000000000000000%. Winners have a different mentality they just do. In any other job environment employers expect production and growth. While Ga fans are content with being content. While I don't think we need an by any means necessary kinda attitude we need to Start to really hold these paid professionals accountable.

So how are you to hold any pro athlete accountable?

See it is not a "Winners Mentality" thing. Instead, Atlanta teams keep failing because of the pressure to "not lose" is far greater. The losing history has gone on for a very long time, and at no time were did fans have anything to do with it...ever! The city of Atlanta has 1 championship while have 3 major sports teams and at times 4...have combined to be not very good.

The mediocre product is a result of players coaches and owners and maybe their thinking that they can do just fine in Atlanta by offering a middle of the road effort. Nothing more.

You know, I agree with Randy Cross.

How can you NOT agree ??

Atlanta is a city of Golfers.......No.1.

The Hawks and Braves draw their own crowds.

When it comes to the Falcons.....most metro Atlanta folks yawn......they hardly notice. They are immersed in their RELIGION.........COLLEGE FOOTBALL.

With UGA and GA. Tech you have polar opposites.

In Athens, Ga. you have a program than has a larger budget then NASA ever had. The HIGHEST ranked recruits annually......wall to wall talent......but with a HC who is barely breathing......comatose. He's a statue on the sidelines. I've seen more excitement with guys walking to the electric chair.

On North Ave. over at GA Tech you got a guy Paul Johnson who does more with average talent than Bill Belichick ever thought of. The guy is a master on the sidelines on game day. Drives his opponents nuts trying to stop his spread option offense.........no matter how much film they watch.

Anyway.......Atlanta and UGA Nation are just conditioned to what they've been spoon fed for the past 46 years.

Some very, very good.........some beyond pathetic.

Wow...if anyone here honestly thinks that a fan bases mentality is what makes the difference in a competent and incompetent team...then you have literally no concept of how a sports team works.

Please see Browns, Jets, Redskins, Philly fanbases who are all more vocal, more violent, and harder to please....and all of those teams have been inept for quite some time. Philly has/was competitive, but still choked in the playoffs for many years with Reid.