People Who Know Me, You All Wont Believe This.

Trouble

Ive told the story about the drunk ahole who drove into my house abut 8 years or so ago.

Welp last night at 2 am a group of teen tried. They didnt make it. I have a sewage ditch in front of my house. The full size truck the first time cleared it. Well last night, this car didn't.

2 am and im still up. I look out the window and there is a car sitting sideways in my ditch.

With all the riots and stuff going on and after what happened the first time. I wasnt taking chances. It was a group of teens. So i got my gun, My hunting knife, My dog up. and watched and waited to see what they would do.

2:30 am and the ring my doorbell. Im ready for the worse case. But i remember what it was like to be young and dumb and make a mistake. So i answer the door.

They are very polite and appolgise a few times for waking me up (even though i wasnt asleep). For what happened. They arent acting like jerks at all. They are probably worried i called the cops. But i didnt.

They asked for permission to have their car towed from my ditch (how many times have you been asked that at 2:30 am). I was cool with them and told them its cool do what you have to, no problems.

They even told me they planned to bring me a pumpkin pie to me for understanding. I better get that pie. :)

There is not enough forgiveness in the world, these day or understanding. Even though i was ready for the worse. I wanted the best case to happen for me and them. This morning i didn't know how id feel about what happened. But im cool. I actually wanna laugh at it because of the pie thing. Not mad at all or stressing it.

The cops never came (i was hoping no other neighbors would call them.) and they got their car out about 30 mins. later.

But you know if its me, its gonna be a odd story.

Should've unloaded your clip into the car while they were still in it

I didnt know if they had been protestors or maybe stole the car or just thugs. But me and the dog was ready. My wife was also ready but i dont want her on the front lines of things like this.

The situation needed to be evaluated and she can get hot tempered. So can i but i do remember how i was when i was a teen. I was not angry by any means.

The last guy to hit my house actually tried to walk in and we werent ready for that. except the door was locked and i was checking on my son making sure he was OK. This time they rung the doorbell and stepped away from the door. That might have been because my dog tried to bust threw the door.

In any case i saw no signs of trying to reenact the purge movies. Im not scared to die. Been there done that. But im not trying to ruining any kids life either or mentally scar them for life.

It happened and i tried to think "what if i was on there side, what would i expect to see or would like to happen"?

Its rough times in the world. People are mad. But im trying to understand both sides. Maybe my forgiveness will pay itself forward. 1 day they will grow up and forgive someone who wrongs them.

1 i was up at 2 am because i know people could be up to no good and there is knuckle heads out there for the wrong reasons. They screwed up and a mistake like this could jack their insurance up as well as get them tickets if not arrested. No one was hurt and that's whats important. No harm no foul. Grass grows back, Dirt levels itself out in time.

Live and learn from mistakes.

I just think its funny because he offered me a pumpkin pie smile.png Thats cool. That shows he appreciated me not being a total **** to them. Im cool with that gesture alone. There is good people in the world.

Cool. But IF they were drunk maybe someone could have called the cops. Now MAYBE if they were drunk this incident scared them and there won't be a next time but then again MAYBE because there was no real consequences, there WILL be a next time and someone will get killed.

If it was just a regular accident, kudos!

Ive told the story about the drunk ahole who drove into my house abut 8 years or so ago.

Welp last night at 2 am a group of teen tried. They didnt make it. I have a sewage ditch in front of my house. The full size truck the first time cleared it. Well last night, this car didn't.

2 am and im still up. I look out the window and there is a car sitting sideways in my ditch.

With all the riots and stuff going on and after what happened the first time. I wasnt taking chances. It was a group of teens. So i got my gun, My hunting knife, My dog up. and watched and waited to see what they would do.

2:30 am and the ring my doorbell. Im ready for the worse case. But i remember what it was like to be young and dumb and make a mistake. So i answer the door.

They are very polite and appolgise a few times for waking me up (even though i wasnt asleep). For what happened. They arent acting like jerks at all. They are probably worried i called the cops. But i didnt.

They asked for permission to have their car towed from my ditch (how many times have you been asked that at 2:30 am). I was cool with them and told them its cool do what you have to, no problems.

They even told me they planned to bring me a pumpkin pie to me for understanding. I better get that pie. smile.png

There is not enough forgiveness in the world, these day or understanding. Even though i was ready for the worse. I wanted the best case to happen for me and them. This morning i didn't know how id feel about what happened. But im cool. I actually wanna laugh at it because of the pie thing. Not mad at all or stressing it.

The cops never came (i was hoping no other neighbors would call them.) and they got their car out about 30 mins. later.

But you know if its me, its gonna be a odd story.

Great Story! I remember being in their place, glad to see you were as understanding and forgiving as the folks I put through the same thing, back in the day. I hear ya though....I'd be pissed if they blew off the pie. You did 'em a huge favor. It'd be nice that they recognize it.

Cool. But IF they were drunk maybe someone could have called the cops. Now MAYBE if they were drunk this incident scared them and there won't be a next time but then again MAYBE because there was no real consequences, there WILL be a next time and someone will get killed.

If it was just a regular accident, kudos!

I cant see the future. All i can see is now and what happened. If i called the police would that prevent a next time? I dont know. All i know is it could have negative consequences on them if i had called.

I chose to give them a break and not report it. My neighbors probably saw me talking to them and thought they where with me. So they didn't call either.

I feel good about my choice. Someone has to pay to get their car fixed and the tow truck that pulled them out. Thats enough for me. I hate giving insurance a reason to rip someone else off. I dont need the police to handle something like this. I cant be sure either choice would prevent anything from happening again. I just know my choice gives them a second chance.

Im not the old country guy who runs out the house saying "you kids get off my lawn" with a shotgun in hand. **** happens.

18 year olds can go to war. But cant have a beer. Ive never understood that one.