I Don't Think There Are Many If Any Big Name Nfl Coaches

Nono

Willing to step into this mess and take over and frankly that is part of the reason Smitty is still coaching. The other part of the equation is that Blank is very calm and calculated and will more than likely hire a big time college coach the day after the season ends.

Anyone know if Smitty has put his home up for sale?

Pretty sure he lives in Suwanee

Edited by Nono

Is a coach's salary subject to the salary cap....I know it sounds stupid. But why would AB have a hard time getting THE BEST available if $$ isn't an issue.

My guess is most of these coaches have giant egos and want to walk into a job that has the potential of going to the Super Bowl, we are so far from that

Why do most coaches get fired? They never have a QB and take the fall. Rex Ryan has had Mark Sanchez, Geno, and Vick. No one is going to have much success with that garbage.

This team has a QB and that sets it up over most of the vacancies that will be available.

What other teams will be available? Jaguars? Raiders? Buccs? Jets? With no answers are QB, a coach is gonna go with what should be a safer choice in here

Hate to tell those coaches, the Patriots, Broncos, and Packers jobs probably won't be available.

Teams with stability and the potential, I just don't see it in us unless TD is gone and we make better (homerun) draft picks and FA signings for the next three years

Willing to step into this mess and take over and frankly that is part of the reason Smitty is still coaching. The other part of the equation is that Blank is very calm and calculated and will more than likely hire a big time college coach the day after the season ends.

Dude, this is not Oakland, Jacksonville or Tampa. The Falcons have a franchise QB, some young raw talent on D, and will be opening a new stadium in 2 years. This is also not the first time a team has had a couple of bad seasons and had to hire a new coach. Of teams that will be looking for new coaches...Atlanta is far and away the best place to come.

Coaches are ego maniacs like any other professionals with Type A personalities. Most pride themselves on stepping into a situation that they can turn around. And as 4DaBirds noted, this isn't a hopeless situation like Oakland, or J'Ville where you don't know what you're stepping into. This is a franchise with a recent history of winning.

Can you say Coughlin, as in Tom Coughlin? The Giants might fire him after this season and he woud probably be what this team needs. After all he has won 2 Super Bowls!

We are a few timeouts away from being 6-5. I dont think this team is oakland bad by any means.

Top 10 qb, good young rb, a few good OL pieces, a very good wr group.

Really. IMo we need a rt, lg, de, olb, ilb. We are a few slots away from being real solid. Despite our poor record the team has lost ALOT of close games the last two seasons.

Ryan and the WRs alone will tempt an offensive minded coach for sure.

Like I said. Give me Hugh Jackson with Rex Ryan or Gus Bradley (if fired) at DC and we are back on track. Hopefully keep Tice around too.

Despite what some on here keep saying, we have a lot of talent on this team to work with, as well as like 30 million (before resigning our guys) to spend on even more talent. Also, we are in what would now be considered the weakest division in the NFL, making a playoff spot, ripe for the taking.

You have to find the next big name coach. They are going to have to look at Mike McCarthy, Sean Peyton, John Harbaugh, Mike Tomlin, Bruce Ariens, etc to figure out what made these guys special coaches. We cannot hire any of these guys and there are a lot of coordinators that fail. Pete Carrol, Chip Kelly, and Jim Harbaugh are more the exception than the rule. We got Petrino from the college ranks and Nick Saban already sucked in the NFL too.

Kyle Shannahan and Sean McDermott have some successful campeighns under their belts but Kyle has done more with less IMO. I think he could be the next force to reckon with HC to come along and I want us to reap the benefits of whoever that ends up being.