Lmao At Hester Being Our Fourth Best Receiver

OK after the failed 25 yard 3rd and 2 pass to Hester against CLE I keep hearing this notion that he is our fourth best wide receiver. LMAO. Hester aint nowhere near our fourth best receiver. Trust me. Yeah he's dropped a TD, lost a fumble and picked up a couple penalties this year, but we won all three of those games and he more than made up for it with his overall play, despite having injuries:

2014 (thru 11 Games)

Dougle

Cap Hit - $3.7M

Targets - 32

Receptions - 21

Completion% - 65.6%

Receiving Yards - 223

Yards Per Reception - 10.6

Receiving TDs - 1

Drops - 1

Drop% - 3.1%

Average Yards After Catch - 3.0

Total Receiving, Rushing and Return Yards - 223

Total Receiving, Rushing and Return Touchdowns - 1

Hester

Cap Hit - $1.8M

Targets - 38

Receptions - 26

Completion% - 68.4%

Receiving Yards - 352

Yards Per Reception - 13.5

Receiving TDs - 1

Drops - 1

Drop% - 2.6%

Average Yards After Catch - 6.6

Total Receiving, Rushing and Return Yards - 1189

Total Receiving, Rushing and Return Touchdowns - 3

Fourth best my asssssss.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Lmao At Hester Being Our Fourth Best Receiver"

Total Receiving, Rushing and Return Yards

Total Receiving, Rushing and Return Touchdowns

Kinda stacked the argument there, Douglas gets zero returns or rushes. The offense designs those plays specifically for Hester. He's also missed I believe three games(?). Those missed games would put Hester into the slot where HD would be, and boost his stats even further. So I don't think this is something to discuss, stats wise.

While Hester is a better overall weapon, Harry is a much better pure receiver imo.

To be fair to Harry he's been pretty clutch this year - I know unusual for him as he tends to be the AFMB offensive version of the Kroy Biermann whipping boy. He's done nothing wrong as I see it. Hester on the other hand looked like the second coming of Jesus after the first few games but has made some key mistakes in the last few games - penalties, fumbles, end zone drops etc. I still contain that if Hester had only come back and made a play on the ball on the 3rd and 2 play it would have been an automatic defencive pass interference. Hester is a great no.4 and would be an OK no.3 IMHO but he would struggle to play the slot position full time. I'm glad we got him and he's been money well spent but he doesn't mean we don't need Harry. It's not coincidence that we have struggled on offence while Harry has been out injured. He's an underrated part of DK's offence.

Hester has been targeted a whopping six more times than Dougle so far. Check the averages. Watch the dam tapes. He's beating doubles, getting open and getting yac. Dude had four recs Sunday for 50 yards. Dougle had two for 17 yards. With double the pass snaps.

I'm overall pretty Meh on the topic - it's splitting hairs really. Both could do better to be truthful and MR could do better hitting both when their open. Certainly not worth an argument though. However if it helps take out minds of the fact Smitty just blew our playoff hopes then yeh ill weigh in.

Hester has been targeted a whopping six more times than Dougle so far. Check the averages. Watch the dam tapes. He's beating doubles, getting open and getting yac. Dude had four recs Sunday for 50 yards. Dougle had two for 17 yards. With double the pass snaps.

Devin has played 11 games.

Harry has played 7 games.

Argument is null and void.

Devin has played 11 games.

Harry has played 7 games.

Argument is null and void.

Dougle has played 226 pass snaps to Hester's 214. Your number of games card cannot be played here bro. Hester has been targeted more than Harry on fewer snaps because he's getting open. He doesn't go down on first contact either. Hasn't stumbled or tripped yet. Take away his rushing and return yards and he's still got better receiving numbers. Or just watch the tapes.

OK after the failed 25 yard 3rd and 2 pass to Hester against CLE I keep hearing this notion that he is our fourth best wide receiver. LMAO. Hester aint nowhere near our fourth best receiver. Trust me. Yeah he's dropped a TD, lost a fumble and picked up a couple penalties this year, but we won all three of those games and he more than made up for it with his overall play, despite having injuries:

2014 (thru 11 Games)

Dougle

Cap Hit - $3.7M

Targets - 32

Receptions - 21

Completion% - 65.6%

Receiving Yards - 223

Yards Per Reception - 10.6

Receiving TDs - 1

Drops - 1

Drop% - 3.1%

Average Yards After Catch - 3.0

Total Receiving, Rushing and Return Yards - 223

Total Receiving, Rushing and Return Touchdowns - 1

Hester

Cap Hit - $1.8M

Targets - 38

Receptions - 26

Completion% - 68.4%

Receiving Yards - 352

Yards Per Reception - 13.5

Receiving TDs - 1

Drops - 1

Drop% - 2.6%

Average Yards After Catch - 6.6

Total Receiving, Rushing and Return Yards - 1189

Total Receiving, Rushing and Return Touchdowns - 3

Fourth best my asssssss.

You seem to forget that Harry missed 4 games. Yeah Hester is the 4th best receiver on this team.