Our Offense.

TrufantIsland

Looking at the roster I'm baffled and mad.
We have two top 10 receivers. We have a great slot and an explosive, yet bad route runner, who still can create mismatches and some halfbacks who can catch the ball. Yet Matty onæy puts 2 TD's and 277 yards on the scoreboard - that's not elite, not even close. Blame, Koetter, blame the o-line, blame TD for his draft - but Matty should still find a way to pass to his receivers - and he should trust Douglas more. I'm not saying this is his fault, just that he is a part of the problem.

Did you notice how open the Brown's receivers were, especially on that last drive. We hardly ever have our guys that open.This tells me our game plan is bunk , not saying Ryan is without fault but our coaches can't make adjustments. We constantly suck after half time

And it's been that way for years. There is a noticeable lessening of intensity and focus in the 2nd half with this offense. I don't know if it's Smith trying to sit on leads, Koetter's one-trick pony play-calls or Ryan just not being able to get it together after half-time, but one thing's for sure, it isn't getting any better.

We don't have a top 10 receiver and our slot receiver isn't great

I disagree --- if Jones isn't a top 10 receiver, there isn't one! And an argument can be made for Douglas not being great, as well. Dude had over a thousand yds. filling in for Jones, last year.....not too shabby, imo ---

We have two top 10 receivers. We have a great slot and an explosive, yet bad route runner, who still can create mismatches and some halfbacks who can catch the ball. Yet Matty onæy puts 2 TD's and 277 yards on the scoreboard - that's not elite, not even close. Blame, Koetter, blame the o-line, blame TD for his draft - but Matty should still find a way to pass to his receivers - and he should trust Douglas more. I'm not saying this is his fault, just that he is a part of the problem.

All I can say is, not a QB in the league can throw an accurate ball with 300 lbs. in his face!!!

Our O-line is BAD!!! Last game, we had 4 sacks, numerous hits and hurries --- that's NOT conducive to good QB play ---

Bottom line, you can't blame a position coach for lack of talent. That ALL falls on the shoulders of the scouting dept. and Thomas Dimitroff!!!!!! No matter how much you polish a turd, it's STILL a turd ---

Edited by FalconJim

Julio is top 10 but Roddy hasn't been top 10 in 2 years man. Ryan has been off though, no excuses about that. Lets not overrate our players though.

Protect Matt Ryan like Romo got the other night and he will make a lot of plays. Our offensive play book is designed around quick release - not because we think that is a great offensive strategy - but because we don't have the olineman to protect longer than a few seconds. Seriously go look at the time Romo had to make that game winner TD pass to Bryant this week. Tell me the last time Ryan had half that!

Protect Matt Ryan like Romo got the other night and he will make a lot of plays. Our offensive play book is designed around quick release - not because we think that is a great offensive strategy - but because we don't have the olineman to protect longer than a few seconds. Seriously go look at the time Romo had to make that game winner TD pass to Bryant this week. Tell me the last time Ryan had half that!

The last time he had that was over 2 years ago; when we still had McClure.

Give any QB a solid offensive line and you'll have positive results. Look at Foles and Sanchez with the Eagles. Are they great QB's? Absolutely not. Foles is much better than Sanchez in my opinion, but they both look like superstars. I know the offense they run helps them out a bit too, but they still get the job done. Koetter is no bueno.

Did you notice how open the Brown's receivers were, especially on that last drive. We hardly ever have our guys that open.This tells me our game plan is bunk , not saying Ryan is without fault but our coaches can't make adjustments. We constantly suck after half time

the fact that this statement has been said since the mularkey days.. " cnt make halftime adjustments" and now a new OC,DC and yet we still having the same problem..

This has to be smittys doing..

No way nolan just ups and stop knowing how to run a defense...

the fact that this statement has been said since the mularkey days.. " cnt make halftime adjustments" and now a new OC,DC and yet we still having the same problem..

This has to be smittys doing..

No way nolan just ups and stop knowing how to run a defense...

Nolan does stuff and we don't have the right playmakers at every position to do what he wants. That's why we fail, asking a pair of slow ILB to do the work of a corner is stupid, and soliai and tjax certainly aren't eating enough space to justify our 4-2-5 crap. We can't even use the 4-2-5 anymore since were running out of DBacks, lol (probably a good thing)

Two irritating points; Koetter does ZERO fakes, or misdirection. Are there really no other options to the bubble screen? Is there really no way to get the defense moving one way, then run, or throw back the other? Second the RB's come out to the exact same spot in the middle of the field and stop- every time. SJax takes a while to get moving, so it is always a short gain. Throw to them while moving and maybe they have some room. Totally fed up with the play calling.

BTW, Julio has dropped a ton of passes. Long, back shoulder, short, he does not seem to have the burst right now, so he is a major reason for the low numbers from Ryan recently.

I disagree --- if Jones isn't a top 10 receiver, there isn't one! And an argument can be made for Douglas not being great, as well. Dude had over a thousand yds. filling in for Jones, last year.....not too shabby, imo ---

HD has 1,000 yards being in a lot of garbage time situations. How many yards does he have this year now that Roddy and Julio are playing? Maybe the least of any slot receiver. Even last year he only got 2 touchdowns. He does only typically get 1, so I guess it was an improvement.

Julio is a top 10 talent, but he isn't a top 10 receiver yet. Doesn't fight for the ball or adjust to off throws and make the catches that top 10 receivers make.

Nolan does stuff and we don't have the right playmakers at every position to do what he wants. That's why we fail, asking a pair of slow ILB to do the work of a corner is stupid, and soliai and tjax certainly aren't eating enough space to justify our 4-2-5 crap. We can't even use the 4-2-5 anymore since were running out of DBacks, lol (probably a good thing)

first off.. a 4-2-5 is nothing but a nickle defense.. and we run nickle a lot.

Now with the whole running the players wrong. Well yea, sometime I dmt get, like dropping berrman in a S role is head scratching to me.

Again he is doing what smitty wants and thats to be multiple, even tho we dnt have the players to run certain things.

Two irritating points; Koetter does ZERO fakes, or misdirection. Are there really no other options to the bubble screen? Is there really no way to get the defense moving one way, then run, or throw back the other? Second the RB's come out to the exact same spot in the middle of the field and stop- every time. SJax takes a while to get moving, so it is always a short gain. Throw to them while moving and maybe they have some room. Totally fed up with the play calling. BTW, Julio has dropped a ton of passes. Long, back shoulder, short, he does not seem to have the burst right now, so he is a major reason for the low numbers from Ryan recently.

Agree with all of your post, especially the bold.