Dirk Koetter On 3Rd And 2 Call

NateDogg1215

@vxmcclure23: Koetter on 3-and-2 play: ``Everyone out there who's out there pulling their hair out about that call, I pull my hair out 10 million times.''

Weird, I would think if this was true, he'd be bald by now, which isn't the case. Also, isn't part of a coaches job to remain calm when everyone else is freaking out. Wait, let me rephrase that. Isn't it the duty of anybody who is competent at their job to remain calm and on top of things when it gets hectic?

Koetter, Nolan, and Smith need to go.

That said, I can see where Koetter's coming from. I think he's just making the point that as an experienced OC he out there making the best call he can. Then, when it falls through, fans are running around talking about how obviously stupid and incompetent they are. How they, random people off the street, could do a better job. I think that was just Koetter's way of saying, "Hey guys, shut the **** up."

Edited by likeriver

Guest Dirty Bird Nation ®

I found it for y'all. It makes more sense in context. He was mad that his play didn't work out:

"Any time a play doesn't work, trust me, everyone out there who's pulling their hair out about that call, I pull my hair out 10 million times more than that," Koetter said. "Any play that doesn't work, let alone a critical play, you're playing it over in your head 50,000 times. Like every situation that comes up, there's two, three, four plays spinning in your head that you're trying to choose between. And you have a few seconds to make the decision on what call to go with, and you have to go with it with confidence. And then when that play doesn't work for any reason, then I'm going to be the first one second-guessing it.

If they would have connected on that pass...the world would think Smitty and DK were geniuses. It was s stupid call...but Im more upset at the lack of adjustments at the half and sh#tty defense. We never, ever should give up that yardage with 32 seconds left.

I'm not even mad about the pass, it's the blatant and utterly STUPID clock management that I cannot get over, at all.

If they would have connected on that pass...the world would think Smitty and DK were geniuses. It was s stupid call...but Im more upset at the lack of adjustments at the half and sh#tty defense. We never, ever should give up that yardage with 32 seconds left.

This. I want Smitty gone, but nobody can deny that this is true. As much as I don't like the coaching staff, I find fickle fan bases even more annoying.

I found it for y'all. It makes more sense in context. He was mad that his play didn't work out:

"Any time a play doesn't work, trust me, everyone out there who's pulling their hair out about that call, I pull my hair out 10 million times more than that," Koetter said. "Any play that doesn't work, let alone a critical play, you're playing it over in your head 50,000 times. Like every situation that comes up, there's two, three, four plays spinning in your head that you're trying to choose between. And you have a few seconds to make the decision on what call to go with, and you have to go with it with confidence. And then when that play doesn't work for any reason, then I'm going to be the first one second-guessing it.

So he was ok with the play call just not the result?? Yea he needs to go. If he thinks it was in any way smart to call a long sideline throw to HD on 3rd and 2 he's an idiot and needs to be unemployed

I disagree. When I saw the pass leave Matt Ryan's hands and saw it was deep I thought it was stupid. If they had connected I would have thought they got lucky. Unless the receiver was wide open or their was blown coverage would that had made any sense. But HD was covered very well. It was stupid