We Will Go 4-1 Over The Final Five Games To Win The Division

AnonFalcFan

This team is not 4-12 bad as it was to begin the season. Minus some coaching blunders and we are on a 4-game winning streak with two wins being against good (albeit not great) teams. The team is more intense and focused and has been improving over the past several weeks and I expect them to continue their improvement.

Not to mention, the schedule is not nearly as bad as the opposing W-L would indicate.

• The Cardinals have no offense with Carson Palmer and Larry Fitzgerald being out. We also have home field advantage against the Cardinals. This may be an ugly game, not one that will inspire confidence, but a win is a win. 20-17 Falcons.
  • We gonna get raped by the Packers at Lambeau. Believe that. 45-17 Packers.
  • The Steelers will be playing their fourth road game in the past five games. They will be mentally tired from that. Not to mention, they suck on the road anyway. Their road results so far: 8-point win against the Jags, blowout loss against the Browns, 7-point loss to the Jets, and a small 3-point victory against the mighty Titans. 30-24 Falcons.
  • The Saints have been improving also. But they still can't tackle, Brodrick Bunkley is out for the season, and Drew Brees just can't seem to get it together. 31-28 Falcons.
  • Finally, season finale against the Panthers. The Panthers lost to us in their house so it's hard to see them winning in ours. They're also a terrible team. 24-20 Falcons

I'm feeling pretty good about this. I know the team hasn't looked impressive over the past few games, but they haven't ever really looked all that impressive at any time in the Mike Smith era because Smith can't help but keep the victories close. And that will be no different in the last five games.

Was there anything I said in there that was objectionable? As much as I have been frustrated with this team this year, 4-1 is a real possibility.

I just think you missed the part where we lost to the Browns in spite of their QB being bad and throwing 3 picks. Cards defense is arguably the best in the NFL and Matt historically struggles against them. Even if Stanton throws us 3 picks, we won't know what to do with them,

Big ben is the ultimate buy time QB, he will break out of any little pressure we can get on him and just throw bombs down the field all day. I'd like to think we outscore them, but I doubt it unless they hand us the game. **** Labeau will blitz Matt and he will struggle, just like the Browns game.

Saints and pathers games are a wash, all 3 teams suck. But I don't see us going in to No-la and winning with this sorry *** team.

my guess is 1-4, i'm not getting my hopes up again after Sunday. **** that.

I just think you missed the part where we lost to the Browns in spite of their QB being bad and throwing 3 picks. Cards defense is arguably the best in the NFL and Matt historically struggles against them. Even if Stanton throws us 3 picks, we won't know what to do with them,

Big ben is the ultimate buy time QB, he will break out of any little pressure we can get on him and just throw bombs down the field all day. I'd like to think we outscore them, but I doubt it unless they hand us the game. **** Labeau will blitz Matt and he will struggle, just like the Browns game.

Saints and pathers games are a wash, all 3 teams suck. But I don't see us going in to No-la and winning with this sorry *** team.

my guess is 1-4, i'm not getting my hopes up again after Sunday. **** that.

The Cards defense is not as good as you think it is. It is banged up and they have played some pretty bad opponents lately. They actually have given up a fair amount of passing yards to teams that have good passing attacks and Matt is going to figure them out.

The Steelers, like I said, suck on the road. Their only wins have been against teams picking in the top 5 in next year's draft, and they got blown out by the Browns and Ravens, and even lost to the pathetic Jets.

This team is not 4-12 bad as it was to begin the season. Minus some coaching blunders and we are on a 4-game winning streak with two wins being against good (albeit not great) teams. The team is more intense and focused and has been improving over the past several weeks and I expect them to continue their improvement.

Not to mention, the schedule is not nearly as bad as the opposing W-L would indicate.

• The Cardinals have no offense with Carson Palmer and Larry Fitzgerald being out. We also have home field advantage against the Cardinals. This may be an ugly game, not one that will inspire confidence, but a win is a win. 20-17 Falcons.
  • The Steelers will be playing their fourth road game in the past five games. They will be mentally tired from that. Not to mention, they suck on the road anyway. Their road results so far: 8-point win against the Jags, blowout loss against the Browns, 7-point loss to the Jets, and a small 3-point victory against the mighty Titans. 30-24 Falcons.
  • The Saints have been improving also. But they still can't tackle, Brodrick Bunkley is out for the season, and Drew Brees just can't seem to get it together. 31-28 Falcons.
  • Finally, season finale against the Panthers. The Panthers lost to us in their house so it's hard to see them winning in ours. They're also a terrible team. 24-20 Falcons
I'm feeling pretty good about this. I know the team hasn't looked impressive over the past few games, but they haven't ever really looked all that impressive at any time in the Mike Smith era because Smith can't help but keep the victories close. And that will be no different in the last five games.
Lol the cards had the worst QB in the league in '12 and we still barely beat them. Arizona's defense practically served them that game after grabbing 5 picks. And then with even a shimmer of offense (Andre Ellington) they dominated us and snagged 4 picks last year. Edited by RideOrDieIce

As much as myself and many other fans would like to see that happen, I just can't fathom 4-1 right now. It would be really nice to be the team that gets hot and wills it's way through the playoffs but without every single play going the Falcons way, every single pass completed/defended, every single tackle/block made we all know that is not happening. I will continue to watch and pull for the Falcons to win and the rest of the South to lose every week until the season is over because I have seen many other years where the wasn't any chance and at least for now there is still a chance. In my opinion if the Falcons beat the Cardinals this week and New Orleans loses at Pittsburgh then Atlanta wins this crappy division even if they get slaughtered in Green Bay. I have said that to say this changes have to be made with coaches/personnel after the season regardless if they win this division or not. I am hoping for the best and trying not to get so emotionally involved for the rest of the season.

Lol the cards had the worst QB in the league in '12 and we still barely beat them. Arizona's defense practically served them that game after grabbing 5 picks. And then with even a shimmer of offense (Andre Ellington) they dominated us and snagged 4 picks last year.

Ryan didn't have Julio last year. With that being said, I don't see the Falcons beating the Cardinals even with Julio unless there's some key injuries on the Cardinals defense.

Edited by MilleniumFalcon

Guest Dirty Bird Nation ®

Agree with you....the Saints corners are bad Julio and Roddy should abuse them

Oh yea just like when Roddy and Julio got 100 yards each and abused....oh wait...No One.

Guest Dirty Bird Nation ®

Honestly, we do look better than last year, and I think we played better against the Browns than the Panthers. We can go 4-1. That being said, we probably won't

Drew Stanton will probably throw for 400 yards and 4 TD's against us. Backup QB's seem to always have a career day against the Falcons. Arizona wins.

Packer's at home in Green Bay=no chance for Falcons.

Ben R. and the Steelers will be in a must win game to keep their playoff chances alive and will beat us.

Saint's game is a toss up. Always is.

We should beat Carolina, but we had the Lions & Browns beat and still found a way to lose.

At best a 2-3 record. And what is crazy, that could win us a division title. Yikes.

Edited by Falconfan1987

Our HC and coordinators are

dumpster_fire.jpg

therefore your prediction is invalid. 5-12 is barely within reach.

This is a bad team with very bad coaching,honestly we will be lucky to win another game.

It amazes me that people can't grasp this.

I know yall love the Falcons. I love them too. But I'm no fool. The only team we have a solid chance beating is the Panthers. This bunch of amateurs on this board can utilize the talent we have better than our coaches. That's the main thing holding us back. Extremely poor coaching.

Was there anything I said in there that was objectionable? As much as I have been frustrated with this team this year, 4-1 is a real possibility.

Ariziona is going to destroy us. We always struggle against them. They are gonna blitz right up the middle and probably pick off Mr. Ice 3 times