Who Do You Want To Coach The Falcons Next Year?

Run 'n' Shoot

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone with previous experience, an up and coming coorinator or someone from the college ranks?

I'm thinkin' maybe Marion Campbell......a previous coach with tons of losing experience. He's only 85 yrs. old, plenty left in the tank.

With his expertise for losing the poor pathic Falcon fan base would have no reason to expect anything but failure.....therefore no continuous heartache.

Also, I think Campbell had the reputation for knowing WHEN to call timeout. So I guess that alone would guarantee the road to a Super Bowl.

Ya think ??

Lombardi Trophy winning Mike Smith. Not gonna happen but I wish the best for him. As for his replacement ... haven't given it much thought.

You could have all the Hot Shot coaches in America in charge but I'm afraid they won't be allowed on the field of play to make tackles or rush a QB.

You know, those "little" things that decide whether you win or lose games.

Trying to coach NCAA Div.III level talent on an NFL team to win consistently is like trying to compete (forget winning) in the Indy 500 driving a stock Ford Mustang.

If the Falcons win the division or go say 3-2 I think AB keeps MS. AB really wants MS to make it work. The people in AB's ear are MS, TD and MR neither want to deal with reality. That being said and IF that happens I would want Tobin being made the highest paid Asst. GM and Director of Personnel in the league. Restructure the scouting. HC- MS- DC Ryan OC Mike Tice and DK as co OC's and add June Jones to the mix. Let Ryan bring his DC with him, move Cox to LB Coach.

This may work Ryan won't be a butt-kisser and will give a different view-Tobin will bring in talent, won't be prejudiced against SEC draftee's or in love with ex-Jags. June Jones knows passing and can give us a great passing game and Tice is a tough guy who has done a great job in spite of and he will make our OFF. tough.

As we are talking about 2015...and I cannot post a new topic yet,

Does anyone else think that for the improvement of the franchise it would be better to miss the playoffs this year, get high draft pick, literally strip the team almost raiders style (getting rid of people like Bierman, Jackson, Blalock, Konz, Osi and anyone else who just doesn't make the grade) and aim for a superbowl run in 2/3 years rather than ******* about for the next 10 years?

Does anyone else think that for the improvement of the franchise it would be better to miss the playoffs this year, get high draft pick, literally strip the team almost raiders style (getting rid of people like Bierman, Jackson, Blalock, Konz, Osi and anyone else who just doesn't make the grade) and aim for a superbowl run in 2/3 years rather than ******* about for the next 10 years?

i think that's been the general consensus for a while, but i'm not sure if everyone realizes that winning the division and making a playoff appearance will cost us 10+ places in the draft.

Yes