Sean Payton: We’Re Not Trying To Figure It Out, We’Re Trying To Correct It

Trouble

The Saints lost to the Ravens on Monday night, blowing a chance to take sole possession of first place in the race to the bottom that is the NFC South and failing to win at the Superdome for the third straight week.

Some of the reasons for this loss were different from the ones that caused the first two, with the inability to stop the run or generate consistent pass rush joining with another untimely Drew Brees interception to pave the way to a 34-27 loss. After the game, coach Sean Payton was asked if he was surprised to have so many things to figure out at this point in the season.

“We’re not trying to figure it out; we’re trying to correct it,” Payton said, via the team’s website. “Obviously, our margin for error is not good enough to win close games. We have to be able to play better and coach better. That falls on me, our coaching staff and our players, all of us, and most importantly we have to make sure we have enough thick skin and be able to have the mental and physical toughness to bounce back and play next week because we are playing, obviously, an important game.”

That important game will be on the road in Pittsburgh and Payton said he didn’t think that it was necessarily better or worse than playing at home, an opinion that would have seemed crazy when the Saints were thumping all comers in New Orleans but seems on the mark now that the Saints keep marching out of their building on the wrong side of the scoreboard.

Fire dis man! I cant believe he just said that. Benson should fire him today!

whats wrong with that

Im gonna break it down. Its payton code.

Sean Payton: We’Re Not Trying To Figure It Out, We’Re Trying To Correct It

I cheated on miss west VA and got busted. Im emotionally distraught and cant worry about football right now. I need to go to west VA and play golf and get my mind off this (maybe a few vicidin too).

The we is talking about him and miss west VA. Thats what my sources are telling me. By sources i mean a friend of a friends brother who is the father of a cousin who happened to meet him in a bar.