Western Carolina's Mark Speir Blasts Espn's Kirk Herbstreit For Comments On Sec Teams Playing Fcs Schools.

SacFalcFan

Good.

I've always liked Herbstreit but he was real transparent with his shots at the SEC this weekend. I think the root of it is trying to get back in the good graces of OSU. I don't think people realize how nasty things got between him and that nutty fanbase that went after him in a big way b/c they felt he would "hate" on them.

What the **** is the difference between an easy win at WCU and 3 games at Indiana, pursue, and Illinois?

Or wake forest, UNC, and Virginia?

Are they better than WCU? Absolutely. But you can't tell me those aren't cupcake games. Losing to them is unacceptable all the same.

these fcs schools that big pay day basically pays for their entire year's budget and i hope that never ends.. these smaller schools need the big pay day.. also a number of fcs schools have won big games over fbs schools. they represent themselves well.

Agreed.

I just wish it was illegal to schedule FCS opponents after Week 1. If you want to dial up a tune-up game fine, but from Week 2 on you have to play FBS teams.

What the **** is the difference between an easy win at WCU and 3 games at Indiana, pursue, and Illinois?

Or wake forest, UNC, and Virginia?

Are they better than WCU? Absolutely. But you can't tell me those aren't cupcake games. Losing to them is unacceptable all the same.

biggest difference is those are conference games. Add to the fact you guys have Vandy and Kentucky in your conference. Cupcake city