4-7 Is What Happens To An "elite" Qb Like Drew Brees With A Crappy Team.

likeriver

Something to consider when thinking about Matt Ryan. I'm not saying he's elite like Drew Brees, but I want to use the Saints as an example of how much other players influence the outcome of the game. Saints are pretty much living proof that even legendary QB's can't carry their teams if they suck.

Edited by likeriver

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Strong OL wouldn't change the fact that he can't perform the one task of a head coach on game day. Managing the game..

Actually I think it would help him not to panic at as much. His flaws as a coach have never been more evident then in the last two years when the roster and team were bad.

Brees never had back to back horrible(4/5 wins) seasons though. 11-5 last yr. Jus sayin..

I don't see how that affects anything. I'm not saying Brees sucks. In fact, I would wage Brees is just as good as he was last year. And that's the point. Brees, despite being "elite," only has 4 wins this season. If that's the case, then what does that say about Brees' team? And, more importantly, how can we analogize from the Brees/Saints relationship to the Ryan/Falcons relationship?

I'm basically making an argument that undermines the "Elite qb's carry their teams" theory by pointing out that (1) Brees is an elite qb (a given in my argument) and (2) his team nevertheless sucks. Therefore, (3) elite qb's do not necessarily carry their teams.

Edited by likeriver

Matt Ryan is in his prime. Drew Brees is almost 36 years old in his 14th season and no longer "elite" Stop tearing others down to make our mediocre qb into a sympathetic figure.

So, by this logic, Manning and Brady aren't elite either, right? Because they're "past their prime"? What even are you saying?