Can Someone Please Explain Why Smith Still Has A Job

Javader09

Probably because Blank saw when Petrino left that cleaning house in the middle of the season isn't going to help anything.

There is no doubt anymore that Smitty is gone though. Even if Arthur Blank hadn't had enough (his reaction on the sidelines after the timeout debacle suggest he is though), he simply cannot retain him without losing the fanbase (that may be literally the only reason he may be considering doing it now).

Plus it's still Monday, they might be hving that talk as we speak. Who knows, but there is no saving his job after repeating the same mistake twice in this game alone.

I don't think there's any sense in beating a dead horse! Smitty will be here for the rest of the season, win or lose. I mean, if he stays, we may win one or two more games, and if he goes, we win one or two ---- what's the difference? As a courtesy to one of the best coaches we've ever had, I say let him work his contract out, and then release him --- jmo...

Its simple really. Everyone on the planet knows the guillotine is dropping on black Monday. Blank is too classy to just **** can him right now. Let the man have some dignity and try and finish this up with some pride.

Smith is playing not to lose instead of playing to win, so a change might could keep the fan base calm.

I understand Blank owns the team, but the fans pay the bills

I think he still has a job because Mr. Blank like many of our fans are remembering the Smith of the early years. He had his moments and made us somewhat relevant. He brought a winning culture here(something we never really had)but to me during his whole time here the team was still missing something. The 13-3 Falcons to me really didn't look all that much different than the 4-12 and 4-7 Falcons this year, just we won more. Different players, but same results. I blame the coaching.

I am glad that Smith is starting to show our whole fan base what many already knew, that he and his minions are inept. For the first time ever yesterday these boards were in agreement, Mike Smith must go. It was nice to see. I appreciate what Smith and Company have done, but it time to move on.

It's all about $$ at this point for AB!! As much as it pains me to say it the Falcons still have a chance to make the playoffs!! If the Saint lose tonight there is still hope! Fans will go to these last copule of games and as a owner I believe AB wants to win, and put butts in the seats! Make the playoffs and that's one more home game which mean more $$!! Once that playoff hope is officially gone AB will be ready to make the move!!

You think the TEAM is soft ??

I think we're all getting a first hand look at how incredibly SOFT the entire franchise is.

Like Dairy Queen SOFT.

Blank knows Smith is going to lose he knows when this team sucks no one shows up. If he lets Smith ride this season out knowing he's losing money and games , I think that takes some guts.