• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had no problem with calling time out.

You want to make sure everybody has their

heads screwed on right and then go back out

there and get the first down. There are lots of

ways to get 3 yds.

Now comes the problem: we threw it deep.

I do need that one explained to me.

I have no problem with the time out.

I have a problem with NOT waiting until the playclock was at 1 second.

I would have been fine with the timeout to, if the idiot would have waited until there was 1second left on the play clock before calling it. Seriously, how stupid can you be? Obviously didn't learn from his mistake in the first half, when he did the same **** thing.

Exactly what my son in law and i said during the game about running the clock down.

The lack of learning from mistakes is crucial to me and why I have come to the point in time of being ready for him to go. Not just the london game or the minny game, his poor clock management has existed for his whole tenure. I really don't think he see's anything wrong with the way he does things, even though EVERYFREAKINGBODYELSE can see it plain. Therein lay the problem

Here is the question about that, would taking a delay of game would have help or hurt? Because if we did take the delay, it will be 3rd and 7 then they can pound inside, then Cleveland would have to take the timeout anyway but when they get it back it will be atleast 10 seconds less and two timeouts left.

But anyway you slice it, Mike Smith screw up big time on that.

Here is the question about that, would taking a delay of game would have help or hurt? Because if we did take the delay, it will be 3rd and 7 then they can pound inside, then Cleveland would have to take the timeout anyway but when they get it back it will be atleast 10 seconds less and two timeouts left.

But anyway you slice it, Mike Smith screw up big time on that.

WTF? There was no need to take a delay of game, that would be worse.

If Cleveland doesn't call a TO themselves, which they probably would have....then you call a timeout with with 1 second left on the clock if you wanted to think about the next play call. There was ZERO need to call the TO at that point.

My point is once you make sure you have the first down you

are in a position to run the clock down to wherever you want.

You also can move closer.

The play call was in my opinion a bone head call.

It wasn't the play call because Matt under threw a wide open hester and also had a wide open Roddy underneath. The time out was costly because we didn't make Cleveland think. We no huddled all the way down the field to that point. Matt could've no huddled and put the offense in an advantageous situation all while putting pressure on Cleveland to burn a timeout. Instead we stopped the clock TWICE. No huddle to a run and we're still in the same FG situation BUT Cleveland will have had a decision to make. Stop the clock or let it run. Either way it's ALL on the timeout. WE were in control of that situation and lost control when he called timeout. We basically should not have even thrown the ball in that situation for EXACTLY what happened. An incompletion. Same thing that lost the Detroit game. They could've huddled up without a timeout and called a good play. They could've gone big with nothing but beef on the line and ran it without calling a timeout.

Long story short they should've burned 2 timeouts in that situation. I bet they trusted Smith to do that based on prior history of mismanagement and the lions game.

Edited by TheFatboi

I have no problem with the time out.

I have a problem with NOT waiting until the playclock was at 1 second.

You still don't call a time out because if you run the play clock down to one second then hike the ball the clock continues to run throughout the play. That's a stressful situation for a defense to be in. No timeout because you ALSO give the defense a chance to get in a more advantageous situation if you call one which he did.

that whole last drive made no ******* sense.

Under 2 mins to go, we run the no huddle. Get in field goal range, stop our own clock. 3rd and 2, not only we don't run it to kill more clock, we throw it deep, which doesn't stop the clock.

Its like Mike Smith had no confidence in Matt Bryant, no confidence in the run game, no confidence in the players lining up and getting it done fast, and no confidence in Koetter to call the right play fast enough. And you're telling me it was FINE?

You still don't call a time out because if you run the play clock down to one second then hike the ball the clock continues to run throughout the play. That's a stressful situation for a defense to be in. No timeout because you ALSO give the defense a chance to get in a more advantageous situation if you call one which he did.

I also rather is be ready to run the 3rd and 2 but I still have absolutely no problem calling a timeout at 1 second on the game clock. Yea we could have saved 2 more seconds but getting the right play together if we didn't have one set up is important there as well.

All in all a lesser evil. Just a total lack of preparation

ways to get 3 yds.

It wasn't fine at all! If they needed to call timeout to get the play straight they should have done it with 1 second on the play clock. Either force Cleveland to use a timeout or run the clock out

I also rather is be ready to run the 3rd and 2 but I still have absolutely no problem calling a timeout at 1 second on the game clock. Yea we could have saved 2 more seconds but getting the right play together if we didn't have one set up is important there as well.

All in all a lesser evil. Just a total lack of preparation

Situational football. You just don't call a timeout. You put the pressure on them. We could've gotten 2 timeouts out of them if we run the clock down on 3rd. At least one. And all of a sudden yall don't have faith in Matt getting is in a good play out of no huddle? It got us down there in the first place. Best thing to do period was run the d@mn ball and keep the clock moving. I would've even given the ball to the fullback to throw Cleveland off. You just didn't need to burn a timeout at all. I have a problem with the timeout because it showed weakness and that we were scared. They punked us because Smith punked out.

Besides that 45 seconds isn't enough time to huddle up and get in a advantageous play? We didn't need extra for a PASS play that stopped the clock again. Run it. Period.

Edited by TheFatboi

Roddy summed it up best :

""When Tru picked it off, I though the game was over," White said. "I thought we'd just go out there and kind of push the [tempo] up. And I felt like we didn't do that. We just kind of sat back and looked at the clock and said, 'All right, let's try to play this out.' I don't think that's what we should have did. "

Guest Homer the Brave

ways to get 3 yds.

Sarcasm should be posted in purple.... Or are you really serious?

ways to get 3 yds.

No, the timeout at the end of the first half, that's when I agreed, "I don't like the TO here, but it did work to make sure they got the points".

But clearly he should have never called the timeout at the end. You just have to make Cleveland call it or run time off, but if you do feel the need to call a timeout and get your ducks in a row:

1) At least run down some time first or make them call it. With 3 timeouts and only needing a field goal that you're already in range for, why would you possibly need 55 seconds?

2) If you're going to make that bold call for a timeout, you have to call something that's going to ensure that the clock keeps running. Run, sweep, screen, short easy completion, it has to be a high percentage play, and being in Bryant's range, really no reason to even take it off the ground.

Plus I don't know why we even have Steven Jackson if you're not going to run him when you need a yard and a half.

1)

Roddy summed it up best :

""When Tru picked it off, I though the game was over," White said. "I thought we'd just go out there and kind of push the [tempo] up. And I felt like we didn't do that. We just kind of sat back and looked at the clock and said, 'All right, let's try to play this out.' I don't think that's what we should have did. "

said it in another thread, I'll say it again, the players feel the same way we feel

I would have been fine with the timeout to, if the idiot would have waited until there was 1second left on the play clock before calling it. Seriously, how stupid can you be? Obviously didn't learn from his mistake in the first half, when he did the same **** thing.

The whole thing was so horribly dumb nobody has even bothered to bring that up. Had he let the play clock run down and then called the time out, he would have eaten a large portion of the remaining time and still had the opportunity to talk over the 3rd down play call. Just inexcusable.