Espn Mike And Mike On Smitty

DirtyBird8711

I have no issue with the time out at the end of the game.

At that point Cleveland still had all 3 and we were in control of the situation.

The only part that bothers me is the play call. There's no way you do anything to stop the clock yourself and that's exactly what we did. In that situation you need to bring your oline over and ask them what is our best running play, and you go with it.

At the very least they stuff us and we force them to burn their first timeout. That may not seem like much but at your own 20 with two timeouts maybe they play the sidelines more and we play it better.

Or you pick up the first down on the run and then you go run, run, run, then hope he makes the kick.

I have no issue with the timeout but the play call was the worst part about it. Take the timeout, get your best running play together with the personnel you need and see what happens.

So now ESPN talks about us huh? We were hardly a blip on their radar when we were winning 12 or 13 games a season because we weren't winning "sexy" enough for them. Now that we're a raging dumpster fire, it's time to focus on the Falcons.

By all means, clean house and fire everyone-but ESPN can suck an egg.

At that point Cleveland still had all 3 and we were in control of the situation.

The only part that bothers me is the play call. There's no way you do anything to stop the clock yourself and that's exactly what we did. In that situation you need to bring your oline over and ask them what is our best running play, and you go with it.

At the very least they stuff us and we force them to burn their first timeout. That may not seem like much but at your own 20 with two timeouts maybe they play the sidelines more and we play it better.

Or you pick up the first down on the run and then you go run, run, run, then hope he makes the kick.

I have no issue with the timeout but the play call was the worst part about it. Take the timeout, get your best running play together with the personnel you need and see what happens.

If you are going to make that time out call, you don't follow it up with a deep pass. You go with a play you are 110% sure is going to get the first down. Otherwise you force Cleveland to use their time out SO THEY HAVE ONE LESS TIME OUT. They were in control because of bad clock management. The second we were in Bryants FG range, we should have run the ball EVERY PLAY to force them to use their time outs. Football 101.

I Love Smitty,, heck we all do.

But he has become hopelessly lost and the mental task loading

that he is under is absolutely crushing him.

You all saw that yesterday.

Here is my list of contributing factors.

TD traded away an entire draft or greater for Julio.

I believe last time that happened was Mike Ditka/Ricky Williams.

Coaches.

TD has totally failed to bring in better coaches...

Add your own.

If and I mean a Big If,, Smitty stays then TD is History.

TD can draft but he has Failed miserably at "Managing a team".

So now ESPN talks about us huh? We were hardly a blip on their radar when we were winning 12 or 13 games a season because we weren't winning "sexy" enough for them. Now that we're a raging dumpster fire, it's time to focus on the Falcons.

Why else would they focus on us? We have no pedigree. We dont win in the playoffs and we have no Hot button topic players.

Then you are as clueless as Smith. Nobody is questioning the timeout. We had 3 timeouts left and no reason not to use them. But why call it in a rush and save Cleveland 20 seconds? You want to call a TO, let the play clock run to 1-2 seconds and call your TO!!

Why do people get so butt hurt about ESPN. Fact is, this negative press will draw eyes from not only outside the organization, but INSIDE it as well. If everyone outside the organization knows what a horse's *** Smith is, then It will force Blank's hand. Whatever it takes to get Smith out of there. Why he was even brought back this year is beyond my comprehension.

you are incorrect. espn WAS talking about the falcons when they were winning big. the word from espn was they were not as good as their record.........and lo and behold, look what happened.............

It is very alarming how bad Mike Smith's clock management is.

We had a first glimpse at it when he used up all of the timeouts during the 2008 Eagles game by the early part of the 4th quarter. The Falcons were down 14-20 and it was a little bit over 2:00 left on the clock and the Falcons defense forced the Eagles to punt.

Adam Jennings was the Falcons punt returner at that time. The Eagles punted and Jennings all of a sudden decided not catch the punt and let it hit the ground. The refs ruled it a fumble because it looked like Jenning touch the ball with his foot, but the instant replay proved that it didn't .

Smitty tried to challenge the fumbled punt ruling but forgot that the Falcons had no more timeouts(he even threw the red flag) so the ruling stood. The Eagles retained the ball and a Brian Westbrook run scored to put the nail in the game 27-14.

I was pissed at both the refs bad call and even more about Smitty's awful clock management after that game.

you are incorrect. espn WAS talking about the falcons when they were winning big. the word from espn was they were not as good as their record.........and lo and behold, look what happened.............

Right because being 10 yards from the Super Bowl is not as good as our record. Dumb...