Matt Didn't Look Like A 100M Qb Yesterday...

Theyhateme : )

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

No, he didn't, but his teammates didn't help him much. Think he's probably shellshocked right now, and maybe a little banged up as well. He's done much better on the deep balls in the past, for example.

Really want the Falcons to hire an offensive genius for HC or OC next year and see what Ryan can do in an offense designed to actually score, not just eat clock.

He has not really looked good for most of the season. Definitely hasn't been worth what he's getting paid, but that's the situation pretty much all the way up and down the roster and the coaching staff. I think he'll be fine with a new HC and coordinator.

You are right...besides game 1 and 3 , he has not looked the part. He has been pretty middle of the ground.

No, he didn't, but his teammates didn't help him much. Think he's probably shellshocked right now, and maybe a little banged up as well. He's done much better on the deep balls in the past, for example.

Really want the Falcons to hire an offensive genius for HC or OC next year and see what Ryan can do in an offense designed to actually score, not just eat clock.

i'm sorry, did you really say eat clock?

I still think Ryan is good enough to get it done. That said, if Mike Smith had not made himself infamous in the last two minutes, we would be in the midst of a "Draft a QB" meltdown today.

Ryan was as bad in the fist half as I have ever seen him. He was following up balls forced into coverage with plain ole ugly throws.

Think about what our team

Oline that cannot run block

Oline that struggles in pass protection and picking up blitzes

No production from the TE position whatsoever, in both receiving and blocking

D that struggles heavily to stop the run

D that has an entirely non existent pass rush

Young secondary

What does that leave our QB to work with? A solid group of wide receivers

Ryan has looked pedestrian for a while now. He is not Aaron Rodgers or a QB that will carry his team for that matter. And to a point, he has never looked like a 100 m dollar QB.

He is a QB that must have a strong run game to be good. He is at his best when a defense is off balance with either the hurry up or play action

Not a knock against Ryan, it's just the truth. He is not a QB that will or can consistently throw 40 plus a game and be efficient all the time. He is more Alex Smith than Tom Brady.

Matt Ryan is a play action quarterback. He's not the guy they want him to be. He needs the running game going and koetter won't oblige him. The Browns were stacking the box yesterday which is what we want. The difference was with Mularky we would still run at the box. You HAVE to. That's how you sell play action.

We play right into our opponents hands all the time with Koetter and it's getting out of hand. You're not gonna break off 6 yards on every carry. If the lions gave up running every time Barry Sanders gained 1, 0, or negative yards he'd never have become the Barry we all know. And believe me he had games where his first half numbers we 12 for 15 yards but they kept chipping away. That's what Matt needs.

It will ALWAYS keep a defense honest and Matt can torch defenses off play action. Even tho many on the board turned against Turner in 2012 defenses still had to respect Turner. And even more the THREAT of Turner. We don't threaten anybody with our running game because they KNOW we want to throw it. The Browns were giving up 142 yards on the ground and we wanted to throw at their strength. I've said it before ill say it again. It's just football. Not rocket science. This staff complicates things more than it needs to be. K.I.S.S. Keep it simple stupid.

Edited by TheFatboi

Ryan is like Phillip Rivers. He'll have some good games that make you think he's a top 5 guy, but then he falls back to earth and is average most of the season.Like Rivers, he's been in the league long enough, he is what he is.

Rivers is a pretty good player though. Rivers like Ryan, has also been in a very similar situation.

- Both started with elite running backs

- Both started with great weapons early, Vincent Jax, Gates in his prime, etc.

- Both had decent enough defenses to get the job done but never great defenses(Rivers' probably a little better though)

- Both had GM's that basically got rid of their talent and didn't get qualified replacements

- Both have been stuck with terrible head coaches for long stretches.

Quarterbacks a lot of the times can only play the hands they are dealt. Ryan like Rivers is a very good player that can win the super bowl if he has the right support. Ryan is good enough to get the job done, but he isn't Aaron Rodgers or Peyton Manning that can literally carry a team with no hope

Edited by JD dirtybird21

Matt Ryan is a play action quarterback. He's not the guy they want him to be. He needs the running game going and koetter won't oblige him. The Browns were stacking the box yesterday which is what we want. The difference was with Mularky we would still run at the box. You HAVE to. That's how you sell play action.

We play right into our opponents hands all the time with Koetter and it's getting out of hand. You're not gonna break off 6 yards on every carry. If the lions gave up running every time Barry Sanders gained 1, 0, or negative yards he'd never have become the Barry we all know. And believe me he had games where his first half numbers we 12 for 15 yards but they kept chipping away. That's what Matt needs.

It will ALWAYS keep a defense honest and Matt can torch defenses off play action. Even tho many on the board turned against Turner in 2012 defenses still had to respect Turner. And even more the THREAT of Turner. We don't threaten anybody with our running game because they KNOW we want to throw it. The Browns were giving up 142 yards on the ground and we wanted to throw at their strength. I've said it before ill say it again. It's just football. Not rocket science. This staff complicates things more than it needs to be. K.I.S.S. Keep it simple stupid.

I'm with you, but it was Turner's time to go. TD just did a terrible job getting his replacement

I'm with you, but it was Turner's time to go. TD just did a terrible job getting his replacement

It may have been his time to go but Turner is the main reason we beat the Hawks and probably the reason for our second half collapse vs the niners because he didn't play. Play action was gone. And then TD cuts him without his replacement. And Abe for that matter. This team imploded from within. Neither should've been let go until we definitely had their replacements in place.