I Think It Happens Soon

Nono

Trying to put myself in Arthur's mind (which who really knows what he is thinking), there is a huge effort to protect the Falcon image from a merchandise branding point of view and more importantly showing ownership and franchise stability and therefore enticing or creating a favorable environment for any future coaches. All that said after watching yesterdays game, and assuming Arthur has already had a "get it together" meeting with Smitty", I say the scales just tipped. The London debacle and now Cleveland driving down the field with 44 seconds and stealing a win in our house is more than anyone can take. We are a coaching dumpster fire. I am saying I think that Arthur is now forced to fire coach Smith and possibly Koetter too. I think it will happen soon possibly tomorrow.

I'd be willing to bet the so called brainturst is already assembled this morning ( TD & Mckay ) and they are voting in or out. I personally think it is eminent.

Edited by Nono

It will happen in 5 weeks

I expect Blank to meet with Smitty a la Dan Reeves and say something like "son we do not plan to retain you after the season unless you make the playoffs and have a winning postseason record". Unlike Reeves, Smitty won't quit and will ride the process out.

I wouldn't doubt that conversation already took place

I'd bet Smitty finishes out the season. I could be wrong, but it isn't Blank's style to fire folks midseason.

You could be right, but I think the losses are not necessarily attributed to injury or lack of talent in as much to coaching blunders--and that is unacceptable.

I don't know what has happened to Smith but you can not tolerate a coach that loses games because he doesn't know clock management. Its a sign he (Smith) is just plain ole lost and it is now infecting the players.

Edited by Nono

I really like Coach Smith as a person, and admire what he did his first 5 years here. Also thought that he could improve his in game coaching skills over time, sadly, it's just gotten worse.

I think Smith could get fired for yesterdays performance. Part of my job is customer service- if i cursed out a customer, I'm gone immediately, no matter how well I did the rest of my job. Think the same reasoning applies here-that was such an egregious error, he has to go.

First thing I did this morning after thanking God for waking me up, was check my iPhone to see if Smith had been fired. Yeah, it's like that now.

Lol, I think the firing of mike smith at this point would be considered a bigger victory for this team than them actually winning a game. Our new Super Bowl will be the firing of mike smith.

People keep saying Smith is a nice person. If he was a nice person, he would admit that he wasted the game by his blunder. Only an arrogant, stubborn person would try to justify decisions as stupid as his yesterday.

Agreed. Smith is a coach but he's not a leader. A leader takes responsibility for his mistakes. Smith never does. It's just the same old coachspeak week after week after week.

Agreed. Smith is a coach but he's not a leader. A leader takes responsibility for his mistakes. Smith never does. It's just the same old coachspeak week after week after week.

I do appreciate where he took this club and I do think he is a "stand up guy" but for what ever reason that is not evident to me, he is lost and its effecting the team, Arthur's money (PSL's) and fan base. There is no way this will stand for 5 more games.

Edited by Nono