The Problem With Ryan Is Koetter

For weeks I've been wondering why our offense keeps stalling out and why Ryan just hasn't looked like himself.

Today the light bulb came on. It was soooooo clear when we put up another goose egg in the 3rd quarter, then went right down the field in the no huddle. And then stalled out AGAIN when we huddled up.

Koetter is F'ing this offense up. And both Ryan and Smitty are too nice of guys to say or do anything.

But Roddy isn't. Thank God we have ONE leader on this team who isn't afraid too tell it like it is.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=atlanta-falcons&id=10178

For weeks I've been wondering why our offense keeps stalling out and why Ryan just hasn't looked like himself.

Today the light bulb came on. It was soooooo clear when we put up another goose egg in the 3rd quarter, then went right down the field in the no huddle. And then stalled out AGAIN when we huddled up.

Koetter is F'ing this offense up. And both Ryan and Smitty are too nice of guys to say or do anything.

But Roddy isn't. Thank God we have ONE leader on this team who isn't afraid too tell it like it is.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=atlanta-falcons&id=10178

Glad someone realized the issue. I personally think Ryan is WAY better with more check down options.

Pretty sure it's Smith's fault.

Name any team that has ever won a super bowl with inept coaching.

The quarterback is an extension of the head coach.

It's Smith's fault in that he's too nice a guy to send Cookie packing tomorrow. Honestly, I wouldn't even hire a replacement. Just let Robiske be "coordinator" and let Ryan call plays. No huddle 100%.

I agree completely. In fact, it's probably cost us at least two SB titles in the past five years.

What I want to know is who is the moron who watches Steven Jackson week after week and says "man we gotta keep getting this guy touches."

I don't get it. Just roll with Freeman

The problem with Matt Ryan is - MIKE SMITH.

We have had the same issues through Mike Mularkey AND Dirk Koetter with 3rd quarter offense.

It is either Matt Ryan himself OR it is Mike Smith.

I vote Smitty!

Matt played like trash today, he did enough to win though. Smith decided he wanted to throw the game away at the end. He's such a moron. I wonder if he even knows how big of an idiot he is. He must not because the beat goes on. Mike smith is the enemy of falcons victory at this point.

Nothing we do on offense makes sense. Literally none of it. We give a slow, washed up RB the bulk of the carries, any time we throw deep it's into the sideline even though Ryan struggles with those passes, we have a 6'8" TE and 6'3" WR who we use as decoys in the red zone while throwing fades and wheel routes to our 5'8" and 5'5" RBs and 5'11" WR, the no huddle always produces points yet we go away from it in the most critical moments of the game. It's just a mess all around. The talent is there, but we need someone to utilize it.

There was one play today where Ryan had about 1.7 seconds to throw the ball (ok maybe that happened more than once but it was the play that he got drilled and came up holding his ribs). The very next play the Browns brought essentially the same blitz from the other side and the result was the same. That's just plain bad coaching/play calling...players just aren't being out in positions to succeed.