The 3Rd And 2 Play

jm_falcons

I thought the timeout was a good idea. The play call that followed? Horrible.

Can someone please tell me if that 25 yd pass attempt was the main designed route? Because if so...then this loss is on our beloved coach. When they broke the huddle on that 3rd and 2...I was hoping for a short high % pass play. The objective was to get that 1st down. Then start burining clock or force Cle to burn timeouts.

I cannot support the man any longer. TD needs to go as well. Our deterioration at the RB...TE....and defensive front 7 has occurred on his watch!

BTW...could someone please inform Coach Smith that its "field goal"....not "field gold"!

Ive been saying it for 4 weeks...time and time and time and time again we are calling these ridiculous 20+ yard pass plays on 3rd and medium/short.

You do that maybe once every week/every other week...not multiple times a game, especially when it hasn't been successful all season.

You call long plays on 1st/2nd downs OR 3rd and long plays OR 3rd and short in the 1st quarter/3rd quarter.

Our O works best from the no huddle but no excuse for that weird play calling. Still need a great RB. Just watched the highlights The TO was stupid and the pass to Hester was underthrown. But the Browns final drive was pure bad defense. Hoyer never hit the carpet.

Edited by FanSince80

Like someone else said they didn't even let the clock tick down before they called it (like I said before, reminiscent of the Seattle playoff game when Smitty ran in a haste and called a timeout with 9 seconds left and gave the Seahawks one last shot to win it after kicking the ball off, etc.) and then they should have ran the ball. The ball deflected off the defender and almost hung in the air long enough to get picked off. Terrible decision by a terrible coaching staff that showed they clearly have no idea how to manage a clock.

I thought the timeout was a good idea. The play call that followed? Horrible.

Can someone please tell me if that 25 yd pass attempt was the main designed route? Because if so...then this loss is on our beloved coach. When they broke the huddle on that 3rd and 2...I was hoping for a short high % pass play. The objective was to get that 1st down. Then start burining clock or force Cle to burn timeouts.

I cannot support the man any longer. TD needs to go as well. Our deterioration at the RB...TE....and defensive front 7 has occurred on his watch!

BTW...could someone please inform Coach Smith that its "field goal"....not "field gold"!

A good pass would have helped