Its Not That Hard

Knight of God

We got cute way too much over the years. The draft, FA, systems, schemes, philosophies, play calls, cuts, everything. We are a cute team. We look good on the surface, but there is no foundation. No depth, why? Because we have drafted depth as starters with the idea of rotating and everything by committee.

Its cute and its conversation worthy, but with time once the foundation depletes you have nothing. Go back to the 2008 off season. We started by building top to bottom then in the next years to come, we drafted every year for need. When you build bottom to top, you start drafting BPA and you have a better team.

Whoever gets this team will see they have a mess, no matter what they say publicly.

fix the foundations on both sides of the ball and u will see drastic changes for the better, Worrilow has a D Line to work with i Gurantee u he becomes a pro bowl LB. Fix the line on offense and get us a pair of fresh legs to pound the rock, we become more powerful on offense as well.

I really don't think we lack a whole lot of talent, we get the right people running the show properly and we will be SB contenders once again.

fix the foundations on both sides of the ball and u will see drastic changes for the better, Worrilow has a D Line to work with i Gurantee u he becomes a pro bowl LB. Fix the line on offense and get us a pair of fresh legs to pound the rock, we become more powerful on offense as well. I really don't think we lack a whole lot of talent, we get the right people running the show properly and we will be SB contenders once again.

At this point there will have to be some broken eggs.

Absolutely agree. The cross-training and constantly rotating in mediocre players and scrubs turned out to be highly over rated to say the least. The next HC is going to find a lot of holes and not much depth. Hopefully they'll trade Julio, drop a lot of the inflated contracts of a lot of the veterans and use that plus our cap money to start plugging some of the holes, especially on defense.

Absolutely agree. The cross-training and constantly rotating in mediocre players and scrubs turned out to be highly over rated to say the least. The next HC is going to find a lot of holes and not much depth. Hopefully they'll trade Julio, drop a lot of the inflated contracts of a lot of the veterans and use that plus our cap money to start plugging some of the holes, especially on defense.

I'm for trading him. See if we can get a 1st and 3rd in '15 and a 2nd in '16. I would trade a couple more TBH...

Cross Training the bain of Kiwi Falcons existence.

I could never work that $hit out and they cross train rookies of all people to do that to.The dude that has just walked into the league they bombard them and wonder why there success rate is so low.I give you Cross Training I hear those words and want to get a rope find a wardrobe and hang the person that come up with that stupid idea.

I agree with everything except the last line. I think someone would love to coach the Falcons just because they have a franchise QB in Matt Ryan. Yeah there will definitely be a lot of work to do on the lines, but shoot its not easy finding a team with a franchise QB. Thats the toughest thing to find in this league and we have one.

I agree with everything except the last line. I think someone would love to coach the Falcons just because they have a franchise QB in Matt Ryan. Yeah there will definitely be a lot of work to do on the lines, but shoot its not easy finding a team with a franchise QB. Thats the toughest thing to find in this league and we have one.

One player does not a tidy team make.

I am not in love with him bro. I like him, but something is and always has been missing with the guy. Sorry.

Sorry for what? lol I aint mad at ya. Everyone has their opinions of the guy. Guess it just depends on our own opinions of what makes franchise QB's. If another coach coming in doesn't believe Ryan is a franchise QB then this thread is 100% accurate. Because it will be a monumental mess. I just think we have one in him.

Sorry for what? lol I aint mad at ya. Everyone has their opinions of the guy. Guess it just depends on our own opinions of what makes franchise QB's. If another coach coming in doesn't believe Ryan is a franchise QB then this thread is 100% accurate. Because it will be a monumental mess. I just think we have one in him.

I agree he's a franchise QB, I just don't agree he can carry a team enough to really make someone say, "You know, this is a good team as is." No, I think someone comes in and says, "Barring one or two guys, this is a mess."

I agree he's a franchise QB, I just don't agree he can carry a team enough to really make someone say, "You know, this is a good team as is." No, I think someone comes in and says, "Barring one or two guys, this is a mess."

Well i don't think any QB is really like that. Not even Brady because he has Belichik (an actual good coach). I just think the fact that Ryan being a franchise QB will be extremely attractive, but at the same time yes there is still a big mess.

I been hating on TD a ton the past two years, but at least the dude did target the D line a lot this offseason. I'll give him that.

One player who happens to be a legitimate franchise QB is pretty significant for incoming coaches. Takes the entire burden of finding a franchise QB away.

He's darn good. But he can't fully carry a team with a crap OL like Rogers, and he can't carry a team without a defense like Brady, Brees, or Manning once could.

He's a very solid starting QB with a big contract that still needs a lot of pieces to take it all the way.

It's an absolute mess. I think with a great offseason we can be good next year.

If we get someone like Houston from KC and land another good pass rusher in he draft it will totally change this team.

Granted if we get coaches that are worth a ****.

We need a great offensive mind. And a relentless pressure defense.

He's darn good. But he can't fully carry a team with a crap OL like Rogers, and he can't carry a team without a defense like Brady, Brees, or Manning once could.

He's a very solid starting QB with a big contract that still needs a lot of pieces to take it all the way.

What do Brady, Bree's, and Rodgers have in common... Great coaching minds behind them. Ryan doesn't have anything like that

There's no doubt that TD messed this up. He should be the first one gone.

After Cookie tho. He should be gone tomorrow.

LOL!!! True

Something about QB's. When they come in many will have a "comfort" most people won't notice. Manning has to have TE's even in a spread, Eli loves RB's to pass to, Favre was in love with RB screens, Montana often said he loved having a possession guy on one side and a speed guy on the other. Aikman loved big targets at WR...

I think Matt Ryan is best with a solid run game.

This 100%.

That's why many will think its a mess. A lot LOT has to be done to help Ryan.

Well Bradys numbers took a big dip once his O line was playing bad. And Brady has always had Belichik. So i don't see him carrying the team if he goes to the Raiders or something.

Brees has Sean Payton who is another offensive genius and Brees himself has always had very good interior line play. I don't think he can carry a team either.

Peyton yeah he can, but you can still make the debate that he has the best weapons in the league.

Rodgers can

Regardless, my point wasn't that he was Rogers or Manning. My point was that he is a franchise QB and those don't grow on trees and that i believe that to be a very attractive option for an incoming coach.