Who Does Blank Hire To Replace Smith?

golfingdawg

Several NFL a sources have said that Blank plans to hire an "a list" coach. The only coaches that fit that bill are Cowher, Gruden, Harbaugh, and Saban. I don't know if anybody else can think of anyone to add to that list. I'm not sure if any of those guys would take the job and if not, anybody you hire is a gamble. I'm in favor of a change but at the same time, the wrong move here sets you back a long ways. It seems like Dimitroff will be back and I'm not sure that is a good thing either. One name to watch for is Josh McDaniels. With the way New England's offense is running, he is sure to get some calls to be a HC again. Couple that with the fact that he and Dinitroff have a relationship together and it may be a fit. I want to see the Falcons go back to playing power football. They were at their best when they had the power running game to take the heat off Ryan. Once the offense became reliant on Ryan to do everything the team started going backwards. The job should be an attractive one with a top QB and good WR's to help anchor your offense. The fact that a new stadium is coming won't hurt either. What are your thoughts?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Blank brings in Cowher, Gruden or someone else who has been out of the game for years it will only waste additional time for the Falcons and their shrinking fan base.

There are plenty of capable, currently working coordinators out there who would be excellent candidates for the vacant Falcon head coaching gig.

Todd Bowles=DC for the Cardinals

Dan Quinn-DC for the Seahawks

I seriously wonder if Blank has not already fired Smith but...

Agreed with Smith to have him finish the season and is asking Smith to blow games on purpose for a better draft pick

Already has a coach in mind who is currently on another team and is therefore waiting until the end of the season to announce

Edited by jlrfalcon

If Blank brings in Cowher, Gruden or someone else who has been out of the game for years it will only waste additional time for the Falcons and their shrinking fan base.

There are plenty of capable, currently working coordinators out there who would be excellent candidates for the vacant Falcon head coaching gig.

Todd Bowles=DC for the Cardinals just signed an extension.

Todd Bowles=DC for the Cardinals just signed an extension.

I know about Bowles and the extension but I bet there is a "head coaching escape clause."

Most coordinators have that built in.

I don't know who Blank and McCay will find to replace Smitty and TD. I do know that a hiring process needs to identify a coach that will implement a plan that works with the talent available. The new "Process" needs to have a coach that looks to always keep the opposition off balance. The new HC, needs to be a ******* that wants to do nothing but win. Good sports need not apply.

Edited by 4dabirds

It's easy to quibble with any coach's "clock management".

Miles is a proven winner and the best coach in LSU football history.

He's also a proven clock management **** up and loser of at least 2 games per year despite having more talent than all but maybe 1 team on the schedule. He's Smitty with a personality.