Bright Side: Southward, Freeman And Hageman

fashiontopia

Despite all the horrendous evil that happened today, we still see some bright side in the form of Dezmen Southward, Devonta Freeman, and Ra'Shede Hageman turning up today.

We saw them actually do something with their increased reps.

Devonta Freeman had 5 for 7, but just like every other game his good runs get called back by penalties.

Ra'Shede Hageman had 2 tackles, but had some good pushes in the run, and was double teamed at times, so people may not necessarily be getting beat by him but at least they respect him to some extent.

Dezmen Southward, probably the best performance of the three, putting up 2 tackles and a clutch interception late in the game where he used his eyes to follow the ball and catch it. He was also close to having one or two more just by playing the ball and being near it.

I still have faith in all three, including my favorite Dezmen Southward. I think all these guys can be 2nd string or better on a lot of teams, and it's good to have them here.

Looking at the Browns' winning kick from the angle shown in this picture (http://www.atlantafalcons.com/media-lounge/photo-gallery/Gameday-Falcons-vs-Browns---2014/6ca84c10-fb49-420f-934c-19d136a556a0#4c2cc892-51e8-4c85-96a2-4f56eb986d54), it looks like Hageman actually came pretty close to getting a piece of the winning field goal. Oh well.

Looking at the Browns' winning kick from the angle shown in this picture (http://www.atlantafalcons.com/media-lounge/photo-gallery/Gameday-Falcons-vs-Browns---2014/6ca84c10-fb49-420f-934c-19d136a556a0#4c2cc892-51e8-4c85-96a2-4f56eb986d54), it looks like Hageman actually came pretty close to getting a piece of the winning field goal. Oh well.

So is that a "HUG" that is allowed on FG's, and something not considered a "HOLD" in that picture? Not calling foul here, Falcons coaches or whatever reason cost them this game. I'm just actually asking, in that picture : "Why is that not considered a hold when the dude has is arms wrapped around the players in a tackling manner?

The sooner we get the young talented players away from the evil influence of Mike Smith ,the better off we will be

I'm hoping Dezmen Southward continues to get his eyes up so that he can be a ballhawking safety. The way he was playing today he was playing like a Ballhawk in training, because he was sitting above routes with opportunities to jump the routes and pick them off, a lot of times he would try to jump it (twice that I saw), and he would be a little late and have to settle for trying to get the tackle or that he took a good angle but the ball bounces the other way (what happened when the ball was thrown behind Josh Gordon and it bounced off his right hand).

Next season, if he continues to get reps I like him to have 2 interceptions at least. And if he starts he may have a few missed tackles and missed interception attempts but I like maybe 3 picks.

Who knows, maybe we let Lowery go and let Southward and Ismael step up and battle for the Free Safety position. Or maybe they get tired of William Moore and let Southward and Ismael battle for the Strong Safety spot. What would be nice is if we let them both go and Southward plays starting Free Safety and Ismael starts as Strong Safety.