Mike Smith And Mike Turner

hjerry

It feels so sad that it's come to this. Smith has done so much for this franchise, and I hate that it has been stretched out this far. Smith will end up leaving this franchise way too late, and will be pretty much universally hated as he goes. The same was true for Turner. We held onto Turner way too long, and, by the time that he left, there wasn't much positivity left for him in the fanbase, despite all that he did for us. Even today, posters still make cracks about him. It's a shame that it appears that it will be the same for Smith. Despite all the bad recently, he is still the coach that presided over the best span this team has ever had. The whole thing, like with Turner, is just depressing. sad.png

Turner's last year was still a gigantic improvement over anything Steven Jackson gave us. I don't think Turner really went out hated, it was time for fresh blood. We are still looking for that fresh blood.

Smith's entire career has been constantly blowing leads. For 5 seasons we managed to teeter towards coming out on top of those, the last 2 years we teetered the other way. But all 7 seasons, Smith has blown leads almost every single game

I have no ill will towards Turner. It's not his fault he just ran out of gas. It happens to every player. It is Mike Smith's fault that despite nearly 7 seasons of HC experience he still makes the kind of boneheaded time management mistakes a 1st year HC might not even be dumb enough to make.

It feels so sad that it's come to this. Smith has done so much for this franchise, and I hate that it has been stretched out this far. Smith will end up leaving this franchise way too late, and will be pretty much universally hated as he goes. The same was true for Turner. We held onto Turner way too long, and, by the time that he left, there wasn't much positivity left for him in the fanbase, despite all that he did for us. Even today, posters still make cracks about him. It's a shame that it appears that it will be the same for Smith. Despite all the bad recently, he is still the coach that presided over the best span this team has ever had. The whole thing, like with Turner, is just depressing. sad.png

You make a good point, man, but I'm so mad right now that I can't think about that. I'm just too emotional about this team. Like, my whole day got ruined because of 44 seconds!!!!!!!!!!!!!! However, you're right, no one came close to those five years, but it's like one waking up to find their female miracled a Johnson during the night. Well, it's actually not the same, but it still sucks.