44 Seconds Left

brown bomber

Guest Negatorris

Knox Bardeen: Mike Smith also said that had he not called the time out with 44 seconds, the #Browns would have.

SO WHY NOT LET THEM BURN THEIR OWN TIMEOUTS.

HE SHOULD'VE JUST TOLD MATT RYAN TO THROW A PICK 6 AT THR END THEN.

Knox Bardeen: Mike Smith also said that had he not called the time out with 44 seconds, the #Browns would have.

Are you kidding me that he said that. How would that have been a bad thing Mike Smith. Let them use it, then run the ball on 3rd and 2 and make them use another. Hey, you may even pick up the 1st with a run play. Jackson isn't good for much, but has been good in short yardage situations this yr.

If he felt we were in FG range, never use the TOs unless you run the play clock down. No problem with Matt in the hurry up previously because we weren't in range yet. Once in range, you run the clock

I would like to verify he said that, because that would be about one of the most inane things I have ever heard a coach utter. He needed to run more time off or force the Browns to use their timeouts. It is that simple. It would have probably been enough to just run ten more seconds off the clock or force the Browns to use just one of their time outs, but neither happened.

Sure, the defense is somewhat to blame, but the fact is, teams today are just too efficient in the two minute offense to allow them 44 seconds and three timeouts to get into field goal position. Even bad teams will find that a very favorable situation.