I Am Glad We Lost

g-dawg

I am glad we lost. I know that is a controversial statement - and, "yes" I was rooting for Falcons to win that game - but after 5 minutes to reflect - I am glad we lost.

Here are a few reasons why:

1. Falcons had 41 days since their last visit to GA Dome, and this is the performance we get - pathetic.
  2. 3rd quarter yardage for Falcons offense - 38 yards.
  3. Falcons come out flat AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN in the 3rd quarter.
  4. Total FAIL of the passrush. Hoyer sucked today but it had nothing to do with the Falcons - his interceptions had nothing to do with QB pressure. How many times did Falcons blitz and rush 6 - while Hoyer had a comfortable pocket?
  5. Tired of watching Falcons only make the opposing defense defend 15 yards - in 1st half, the Browns corners/safeties were squatting on all routes.
  6. On the flip side, Falcons inability to pick-up blitzes was awful.
  7. Clock mismanagement - WTH is Mike Smith doing? 3rd and 2 and in FG range and we throw a bomb? Where to start? First, if we had not done that, it forces Cleveland to use a timeout - which would have given them at least 1-2 less plays. Second, had Matt gotten sacked, we would have been out of FG range - nobody even thought about that - we did not protect Matt all day - the only reason it worked as far as no sack is because Cleveland was not expecting.

From 2008-2014, the one consistency has been the flat-footed performance of our team in the 3rd quarters of games. This cannot be a coincidence to be this bad in the 3rd quarter for this many years - it has to be coaching. I watched as some of the Falcon defenders made mistakes and Mike Smith whipped out "the Notebook".

It is time.....it is time to part ways w/ Mike Smith. I don't think we should wait until season's end - do I think it will help for this year? NO. At some point, somebody - and somebody has to be Arthur - has to say "this sheot won't stand". Look it, Falcons should have lost last week as well.

This team is a broken record - it is the worst "D-rated" movie of all time and it is the same stuff each week. With all the offensive talent, we are easy to defend.

Mike Smith has to go....

Dimitroff needs to go as well - I would name Terry Robiskie interim coach and Leon Vital as interim GM - no power to the GM to actually do anything. Arthur Blank should start his search now for a new GM.

this team was going nowhere even if we made the playoffs. crazy talent deficiency and the talent we have is being mismanaged.

Gotsa GO!!!!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not glad they lost, but it does make the rest of the year easier. If they'd won, would have had to root for them another week or two. god forbid that the Saints play even worse and the falcons still make the playoffs.

That little part of me that hoped for a second half run and an improbable playoff run? It's gone.

Bye Smith.

Can somebody please make a GIF of Blank on the sidelines waving his arms when he was pissed after the Hester incompletion with 50 seconds left?

Did you guys see the look on Mike Smith's face right after he shook Mike Petine's hand? it seriously looked like he had just been told he had cancer with 3 months to live.

Mike Smith - I think - knows he is gone - very, very soon.

Did you guys see the look on Mike Smith's face right after he shook Mike Petine's hand? it seriously looked like he had just been told he had cancer with 3 months to live.

Mike Smith - I think - knows he is gone - very, very soon.

He was definitely told that if he does something as stupid as the Lions game again, he cannot keep him around.

I am upset with the way we lost, but I expected a loss all week. This team has showed nothing that indicates that they can beat a decent football team because of the points you had listed.

Same crap every week. Defense can only be so good, they are going to allow 20-24 points every week to any average team. Offense has been crap for the most part, and coaching is even worse.

To take up for the offense in the 3rd, they only had the ball for 1 series and 1 play I think. But obviously, every week the offense goes into the tank in the 3rd, so probably could have had it plenty and did nothing.

Edited by jeffro2000

I can only agree......

only one argument for me is added. I had a bet on the browns today. And it makes me feel sick, that i bet against my falcons. but i cannot take such a value in a bet, and of course every bet can be losed.

Edited by obmann

why would you keep TD? seriously?

Because I would argue that with a decent coach we would be at least 7-4, and most probably 8-3 or better. Never mind that in my opinion we would have played in Super Bowl if we had a coach other than Smith in 2012. Never mind that Smith has surely screwed up our free agency and draft as well. If the guy can cause so much damage due to his stupidity in just a few minutes, just imagine what damage he can cause in years.