Some Good News: It Ain't The Talent That's The Problem

MSalmon

It's the coaching staff...particularly MS...in the last few games we've seen truffant, Alford (before injury), Ishmael, Southward, Worrilow and other young talents playing very well...but guess what is undoing us?

Dumb play calls, just plain stupid time management and just general buffoonery from the coaching staff.

The good news is this team actually has talent and even quality depth. Yeah it needs a pass rusher but it's a soid core of young vets and ascending youngsters.

Bad news is Mike Smith and Koetter definitely need to go. I might keep nolan and definitely would keep Tice.

The great news is if we get a quality, nonJax Jaguar related HC and OC we've got a good team that could take the next step.

I'm still in disbelief that had the HC and his Ajax retread Koetter, are the reasons we lost in London and today.

Hard to believe we'd be 6-5 instead of 4-7 sans those two knuckleheads

So don't give me the TD ain't stocked the cupboard crapola. It's BS.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the coaching staff...particularly MS...in the last few games we've seen truffant, Alford (before injury), Ishmael, Southward, Worrilow and other young talents playing very well...but guess what is undoing us?

Dumb play calls, just plain stupid time management and just general buffoonery from the coaching staff.

The good news is this team actually has talent and even quality depth. Yeah it needs a pass rusher but it's a soid core of young vets and ascending youngsters.

Bad news is Mike Smith and Koetter definitely need to go. I might keep nolan and definitely would keep Tice.

The great news is if we get a quality, nonJax Jaguar related HC and OC we've got a good team that could take the next step.

I'm still in disbelief that had the HC and his Ajax retread Koetter, are the reasons we lost in London and today.

Hard to believe we'd be 6-5 instead of 4-7 sans those two knuckleheads

So don't give me the TD ain't stocked the cupboard crapola. It's BS.

NOT TRUE! The Falcons talent is almost as pathetic as Mike Smith's clock management. Both TD and Smith will get fired if they don't resign first.

Been saying it for weeks. The people who want rid of TD just aren't paying attention.

I have thought this as well since 2012. Smith is just not smart coach. He was good to stabilize the team when it was in disarray from Vick, but he has been making the bone-headed mistakes and exhibiting the inability to adjust in game since the beginning.

When you watch a 7th round safety ball hawking, an UDFA LB in top 3 in Tackles, and enough talent in your mid, late round and UDFAs come in and hold your OL together you have talent and depth

It's not talent. We aren't filled to the brim with it, but we have enough to be 6-5 or 7-4.

I don't know man I agree a better coach would get more out of what we have especially offensively. But we still need some eyes this team talent wise isn't a contender. Don't let the equally inept performances of our opponents the past couple of weeks fool you.

The defense got run on for like 7 yards/carry. It was the Browns being stupid that gave us two interceptions where Hoyer threw it for some reason

The one in the end zone by truffant was a great play and hoyer was hit as he tries both. So neither were as boneheaded as you suggest. Our defense played hard and showed done great athleticsm and talent.

We are lacking in a stud pass rusher. No question about it, but let's also be real that's not easy to acquire.

We also need an ILB alongside Worrilow, no excuses made but if spoon and Spruill don't get hurt this may not have been issue.

Also, Crowell, lest you forget was a 5 star recruit to UGA. He was simply a troublemaker. That TD runnhe made was simply brilliant and earned

It's not talent. We aren't filled to the brim with it, but we have enough to be 6-5 or 7-4.

Exactly. And we have a solid core. This next draft and FA period should reload us quite a bit. Take out the London and this game were 6-5.

Last year, bonehead MS cost us several games as well.

It ain't tye GM that's the issue

It's talent too, the oline had no push, Swiss cheese pass blocking, efensive line wasn't getting pressure, getting blown off the ball, losing the edge etc.

You say that about the OL, but let's be honest not many teams can lose 5 starters to IR and still have quality depth. Yes, Tice has been awesome and I say pay the man, but there has been some decent "sticking of the cupboard" by TD in that area

The Falcons' run defense took a tumble Sunday. Had the Falcons been a little stouter against the run, the Browns wouldn't have had a chance. Instead, there were plenty of missed tackles as the Browns rookie running back tandem of Isaiah Crowell and Terrance West to combined for 150 yards. The Falcons gave up 475 total yards.

we could use some line help

but yea

the talent level is very good

Playoff Talent on this team

The Big 3 Coaches (HC,OC and DC) are not fit to coach a JV team at this point.....

I agree. The talent isn't Super Bowl yet, but think for a minute only belichik who's an unbelievable coach has put together nothing but winning teams. In the age of FA and salary cap you go back as a franchise for at least a year generally, while you reload.

EVERYTHING starts with the general manager. he hasnt established a philosophy for the falcons. he hired smitty............he put together a mish mash of players and no coherent philosophy......

I disagree.

The philosophy starts with the coaching staff. The Gm's job is to get the players to run whatever system and philosophy the coaching staff decide upon. If the system is flawed (as our D is) it's not the GM's fault.