If That Didn't Prove Mike Smith Needs To Be Gone

Ethanga62890

That was a terrible time out, and an AWFUL call on 3rd down. Let Cleveland take the TO and make their GW drive a little harder. And run the ball or throw a high percentage pass to try and get the first, or at least run down clock or make CLE take the time out.

In truth though, I was laughing when I saw CLE make that game winning FG. The reason I was laughing is because of all the fans who talk about how Smith holds Atlanta back for being too conservative. He's not, not at all and in fact IMO he is often boneheadedly aggressive.

Conservative play calling is scapegoated WAY too much by fans, being blamed for losses. At times it seems we hear about how 'conservative' coaches hold teams back, regardless of whether or not play calling is even conservative, or acting like it is such a problem for a team costing them leads when their teams don't blow very many leads.

I remember how we heard about Smith getting too conservative with a 2 score lead in the 'clock control' days, but it never cost us a single game. 26-0 I believe 08-10 when once leading by 2 scores. I've heard it said about some of the most pass happy teams in the league..Detroit, Green Bay and Denver...Atlanta is pass happy too.

I really do wonder what people are looking at when they say some coaches and play calling are too conservative. Do they want a deep ball on every play or something? lol.

Even though it was my team, it is always satisfying to see overaggressive play calling cost a team a game as more evidence of how dumb it is to act like over-aggressive play calling doesn't ever hurt teams, or that aggressive play calling is always necessary.

As a player i'd be mad. That loss can be solely blamed on that timeout and ****** playcall on 3rd.

Yep, you hit the nail on the head. The dumbAZZ RAN ON FIRST DOWN WHEN HE SHOULDN'T HAVE, DIDN'T RUN ON 3RD DOWN WHEN HE SHOULD HAVE, ALL AFTER THE STUPID AZZ TIMEOUT TO THROW A LOW PERCENTAGE 20 YARD PASS AND SAVE THE BROWNS A TIME OUT! THAT ABOUT SUMS IT UP!

That was a terrible time out, and an AWFUL call on 3rd down. Let Cleveland take the TO and make their GW drive a little harder. And run the ball or throw a high percentage pass to try and get the first, or at least run down clock or make CLE take the time out.

In truth though, I was laughing when I saw CLE make that game winning FG. The reason I was laughing is because of all the fans who talk about how Smith holds Atlanta back for being too conservative. He's not, not at all and in fact IMO he is often boneheadedly aggressive.

Conservative play calling is scapegoated WAY too much by fans, being blamed for losses. At times it seems we hear about how 'conservative' coaches hold teams back, regardless of whether or not play calling is even conservative, or acting like it is such a problem for a team costing them leads when their teams don't blow very many leads.

I remember how we heard about Smith getting too conservative with a 2 score lead in the 'clock control' days, but it never cost us a single game. 26-0 I believe 08-10 when once leading by 2 scores. I've heard it said about some of the most pass happy teams in the league..Detroit, Green Bay and Denver...Atlanta is pass happy too.

I really do wonder what people are looking at when they say some coaches and play calling are too conservative. Do they want a deep ball on every play or something? lol.

Even though it was my team, it is always satisfying to see overaggressive play calling cost a team a game as more evidence of how dumb it is to act like over-aggressive play calling doesn't ever hurt teams, or that aggressive play calling is always necessary.

I LIKE AGGRESSIVENESS AND CONSERVATIVE CALLING. BUT DUMBAZZ STEVE MARTIN CALLS FOR CONSERVATIVE WHEN HE WAY UP AND AGGRESSIVENESS WHEN HE SHOULD BE CONSERVATIVE. IN OTHER WORDS THE MFER SHOULD CALL THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF WHAT HE IS THINKING. HAS TRULY BLOWN THE LIONS AND BROWNS GAME SOLELY ON HIS CALLS AND GAME CLOCK MANAGEMENT!

I LIKE AGGRESSIVENESS AND CONSERVATIVE CALLING. BUT DUMBAZZ STEVE MARTIN CALLS FOR CONSERVATIVE WHEN HE WAY UP AND AGGRESSIVENESS WHEN HE SHOULD BE CONSERVATIVE. IN OTHER WORDS THE MFER SHOULD CALL THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF WHAT HE IS THINKING. HAS TRULY BLOWN THE LIONS AND BROWNS GAME SOLELY ON HIS CALLS AND GAME CLOCK MANAGEMENT!

I do agree there are times for conservative and times for aggressive, but I think coaches get more criticisms for being conservative, and often get called conservative when they really aren't that conservative at all, and I think conservative play calling takes too much heat. Smith is one of those coaches that gets called conservative, but I don't think he is. Most of his most boneheaded calls deal with being too aggressive IMO.

All the more reason, you all need to keep him.;)

Now, you all are finally starting to see what we were dealing with in Schiano. Worse Game Day Coach ever!

I've told you before Schiano is a guru compared to smith. I've been saying it for years but no one believed it till now. His stupidity has been camouflaged by talented teams.

Oh i laughed too. I knew it was gonna happen when he called the timeout. the man has no idea of when and when not to be aggressive.

That wasn't aggressive, that was just stupid.

I'm over it now, and ok with what happened. It actually couldn't have happened any better.

Let's be real, we were going no where. even if we beat the browns, smith would choke it away anyways, more than likely he'd throw the team under the bus when we get squashed by the remaining schedule. and he gets another shot

but now, we have him under the microscope absolutely butchering a fourth quarter, which he's done so many times before, but it goes unnoticed because we got the gwd and clutch field goal. this time his ignorance was just too much to overcome.

so many times we've heard him say the players have to execute, but executing on our team means playing to 100 percent perfection 100 percent of the time to offset his blunders, poor game planning, and stubborness. he cant put this on anyone but himself, not this time

the focus is on him, now there's no doubt.

goobye mike good luck with your future endeavors

GTFO!