Florida State's Jameis Winston Should Have Been Ejected For Shoving Official.

SacFalcFan

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/jameis-winston-shoves-official-not-penalized-ejected-florida-state-seminoles-bc-112214

http://deadspin.com/jameis-winston-wouldnt-take-no-for-an-answer-from-tha-1662299318

it really is amazing that the rules continue to not apply to winston. i have never seen a player put his hands on an official and not be kicked out of the game.

I saw that and sat there in disbelief. This guy is seriously above the law, it's ridiculous. Even in the post game interview he brushed it off like the ref was just in his way.

it doesn't matter if it was winston or another other player you are not to put your hands on the officials period. he did that a number of times and pushed the official out of the way.. if that is allowed and there is no consequence what stops the next player from doing that in the future. that is something that should not be allowed to happen period. i don't care if it was a quick play you don't touch the official period.

Flag should have been thrown in his facemask. Then he should have been ejected. But even the ref reacted like oh let me get out of your way.

Smh... no wonder some of these guys get into the real life as a pro athlete and get caught up in all kinds of dumb stuff.

No QB is getting thrown out of a tight game over that, sorry guys. The official was at the wrong spot, Winston was trying to run hurry up and surprised to find him there. It happened fast and without any real thought. It's not like he shoved him down. The official didn't even throw a flag and thought it was fine.

Yall just want FSU/Winston to fail and that's the only reason at all to make a big deal out of this.

No QB is getting thrown out of a tight game over that, sorry guys. The official was at the wrong spot, Winston was trying to run hurry up and surprised to find him there. It happened fast and without any real thought. It's not like he shoved him down. The official didn't even throw a flag and thought it was fine.

Yall just want FSU/Winston to fail and that's the only reason at all to make a big deal out of this.

You can't be serious. Officials supercede the pace at which the QB wants to go. The rule is pretty clear regarding players making physical forcible contact with any official. Has nothing to do with wanting them to fail, it just further demonstrates that Winston is above consequence at FSU.

Lol! You're acting like Winston walked up and punched the ref in the face or shoved him to the ground. The ref apparently forgot what was going on, and Winston tried nudge past him to take the snap. Happens all the time with the middle linebacker trying to lineup with the ref in the way. Doesn't happen much with the QB, but that's because you usually don't have an "experimental" 8th ref standing behind center.

Lol! You're acting like Winston walked up and punched the ref in the face or shoved him to the ground. The ref apparently forgot what was going on, and Winston tried nudge past him to take the snap. Happens all the time with the middle linebacker trying to lineup with the ref in the way. Doesn't happen much with the QB, but that's because you usually don't have an "experimental" 8th ref standing behind center.

Wtf you ARE serious...

He didn't nudge him out of the way, the ref was standing in his way purposely to ensure substitutions were fair. Winston even said that. He didn't care. He said it was an up tempo play so he was just trying to run the play. One problem... a ref is telling him to hold and he basically steps in front of him to push him out of the way. By rule he should have been ejected.

What Winston did was completely egregious and I really can't believe he just pushed the ref out of his way. Whether the ref was supposed to be there or not doesn't really matter-you simply just can't do that. He essentially ignored the rules of play by doing what he did.

By the letter of the law he should have been ejected but I don't really think he should have been either. I really don't know what action should be taken because I've never seen anything like this happen before. I'm still just in shock at what happened. I haven't seen anything but I believe the ACC needs to make a statement on this if they haven't yet. There has to be a response either way. It'll be interesting to see if they do take any action because they are in a very precarious spot right now.

What Winston did was completely egregious and I really can't believe he just pushed the ref out of his way. Whether the ref was supposed to be there or not doesn't really matter-you simply just can't do that. He essentially ignored the rules of play by doing what he did.

By the letter of the law he should have been ejected but I don't really think he should have been either. I really don't know what action should be taken because I've never seen anything like this happen before. I'm still just in shock at what happened. I haven't seen anything but I believe the ACC needs to make a statement on this if they haven't yet. There has to be a response either way. It'll be interesting to see if they do take any action because they are in a very precarious spot right now.

When have laws or rules ever stopped Winston before? And I can promise that nothing will happen. The ACC will just ignore it.

When have laws or rules ever stopped Winston before? And I can promise that nothing will happen. The ACC will just ignore it.

You're right. They have never stopped him before. And it may take a suspension of some sort at this stage in the season to finally get through to the kid.

What's more important to me is that the ACC makes a statement that says this is unacceptable and justify why they choose to suspend him or not. If they hide from this then I think the NCAA needs to step in and make a ruling and consider actions against the conference.

Regardless of the player or situation that is completely unacceptable

Edited by UAB_DAWG

You're right. They have never stopped him before. And it may take a suspension of some sort at this stage in the season to finally get through to the kid.

What's more important to me is that the ACC makes a statement that says this is unacceptable and justify why they choose to suspend him or not. If they hide from this then I think the NCAA needs to step in and make a ruling and consider actions against the conference.

Regardless of the player or situation that is completely unacceptable

I completely agree that there should be a statement, but they will not suspend him and screw up their only realistic chance at getting a team from their conference into the playoffs.

I completely agree that there should be a statement, but they will not suspend him and screw up their only realistic chance at getting a team from their conference into the playoffs.

If they choose to bury this I think the NCAA has to step in and consider some sort of sanction against the conference. A possible playoff ban for all teams or something of the sort.

Burying this sends a message that the conference puts money and recognition above the better interests of the game and that's a problem.

At some point you not only have to hold Winston responsible for his actions but send a message that enabling Winston and other star athletes is not acceptable behavior either.

Yall have really bought into the media spin like a bunch of sheep. Winston didn't do anything malicious to the official. The official did not care. The ACC did not care. FSU does not care.

It's just the media trying to manufacture more stories about Winston and FSU to feed the masses.

I don't watch ESPN unless there's a game on and don't follow sports talk anymore. I don't know what's being said or if it's being blown up. I'm basing it off what I saw with my own two eyes, thanks.

Many people have the perception that Winston is protected by FSU and the ACC, so you'll have to excuse us if we think it's a joke they don't care.

Yall have really bought into the media spin like a bunch of sheep. Winston didn't do anything malicious to the official. The official did not care. The ACC did not care. FSU does not care.

It's just the media trying to manufacture more stories about Winston and FSU to feed the masses.

FSU whitewashed a rape investigation. Get outta here with that nonsense.

Your entire comment is hilarious, but especially that part. Obviously, FSU couldn't care less. They didn't care when he was investigated for rape or shooting things with BB guns or stealing crab legs, so they wouldn't care now. It's not media spin. You are obviously biased as a fan of the team. Winston shoved the ref out of the way twice while the ref was trying to allow BC to make substitutions. It's an INCREDIBLY common thing. Winston has been a QB for a few years. He can't be that dumb to have never seen it happen before. If it were most of the other QBs in the nation, I'm sure you would change your tune. And it's just representative of a pattern of behavior that Winston seems to think rules don't apply to him.