This Is The Cartoon That Got Me Fired! (Superfan Cartoons)

Supes™

Back in the day when I was the official cartoonist for the Atlanta Falcons, I got in some trouble and got fired for a cartoon I did. To this day, most folks believe that it was for the infamous Redskins cartoon that caused a huge ruckus on these here boards when a couple of people complained that it was "racist". The cartoon was taken down from the official site to appease the P.C., and that was the end of it as far as I was concerned. I got paid non the less, but controversy raged on in here for days on end and Flowery Branch asked me to be "less controversial".laugh.png

SKINS-WEB.jpg

I did go on to get get fired, but not for the Skins cartoon.^^^ A few weeks later, I did the following cartoon for the Cleveland Browns. The "Hick'ry Stick" was still a big thing in here. We had the Hick'ry Stick Award going on and all that, and I was stuck for an idea for the Browns. I mean, what's a "Brown"? I thought of their dog pound fans and came up with this one: (Edit to say, it was putnam6's idea in the cartoon idea contest. I just illustrated it).

BrownsPublish_zpsc3add7d9.jpg

Well, that did it! I was summarily fired for showing "cruelty to animals"! I said "Whaaaaat???" laugh.png Soon thereafter, I met with the "Powers That Be" down at the Branch and was reinstated. I finished out that season with weekly cartoons and that was the end of it. I was fine with it then and still am, and folks that know me personally understand that I don't have a racist bone in my body and I've been a dog lover ever since I could I could say "dawg".

All that said and done, I hope the Falcons pull a big ol' Hick'ry Stick out of nowhere Sunday afternoon and beat the living slobber out of the Cleveland Browns and get this abysmal season turned around.

WELCOME HOME, ATLANTA FALCONS!!!

so where is that stick now? you have it back in your possession?

those were the days, come to think of it, things haven't really been the same for the team since you left their employ.......you don't think any cousins of that hickory stick was the wood in one of them churches they tore down do ya? could be a dual curse, something like "you tearing me down, but you had my cuz workin and you fired him, yeah, how bout some hickory sticke curse on yo azz for a few years....."

ph34r.pngph34r.png

so where is that stick now? you have it back in your possession?

those were the days, come to think of it, things haven't really been the same for the team since you left their employ.......you don't think any cousins of that hickory stick was the wood in one of them churches they tore down do ya? could be a dual curse, something like "you tearing me down, but you had my cuz workin and you fired him, yeah, how bout some hickory sticke curse on yo azz for a few years....."

ph34r.pngph34r.png

I have the original Hick'ry Stick, papa. wink.png

Probably shouldn't depict something like that here after the Vick scandal...

But the Redskins cartoon wasn't offensive in any way. For whatever reason, and the recent name debacle shows this, people really seem to be overly sensitive about native americans, and they aren't even such(you know what I mean). Really perplexes how people can dedicate so much effort into hating things that don't adhere to them.

Back in the day when I was the official cartoonist for the Atlanta Falcons, I got in some trouble and got fired for a cartoon I did. To this day, most folks believe that it was for the infamous Redskins cartoon that caused a huge ruckus on these here boards when a couple of people complained that it was "racist". The cartoon was taken down from the official site to appease the P.C., and that was the end of it as far as I was concerned. I got paid non the less, but controversy raged on in here for days on end and Flowery Branch asked me to be "less controversial".laugh.png

SKINS-WEB.jpg

I did go on to get get fired, but not for the Skins cartoon.^^^ A few weeks later, I did the following cartoon for the Cleveland Browns. The "Hick'ry Stick" was still a big thing in here. We had the Hick'ry Stick Award going on and all that, and I was stuck for an idea for the Browns. I mean, what's a "Brown"? I thought of their dog pound fans and came up with this one:

Well, that did it! I was summarily fired for showing "cruelty to animals"! I said "Whaaaaat???" laugh.png Soon thereafter, I met with the "Powers That Be" down at the Branch and was reinstated. I finished out that season with weekly cartoons and that was the end of it. I was fine with it then and still am, and folks that know me personally understand that I don't have a racist bone in my body and I've been a dog lover ever since I could I could say "dawg".

All that said and done, I hope the Falcons pull a big ol' Hick'ry Stick out of nowhere Sunday afternoon and beat the living slobber out of the Cleveland Browns and get this abysmal season turned around.

Supes I believe the Redskin toon is probably what got you fired. It's edgy. You likely kicked off the Redskin debate in Goody's office with that toon. Right after that you busted on Levak's Browns. That probably did you in bro. Anyway, you had a good run. We loved the toons. I still think my favs were the Pantie toons - Herre Kitty and Mirror Mirror. Classic.

This is a rooster, but you get the idea. This is what came to my mind, when I saw that cartoon. tongue.png

Go Falcons! Let's give them dogs a spanking! biggrin.png

Just cracks me up! Classic animated cartoon with a rooster beatin' the **** out of a dog. I did a single frame with Falco merely threatening a whoopin' and I get fired! laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

THIS IS WHAT THE WORLD HAS COME TO, FOLKS.

Just cracks me up! Classic animated cartoon with a rooster beatin' the **** out of a dog. I did a single frame with Falco merely threatening a whoopin' and I get fired! laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

THIS IS WHAT THE WORLD HAS COME TO, FOLKS.

Oh go back and watch pretty much any old cartoons. They're actually preeeety **** violent by today's standards. rolleyes.gif

SKINS-WEB.jpg

I did go on to get get fired, but not for the Skins cartoon.^^^ A few weeks later, I did the following cartoon for the Cleveland Browns. The "Hick'ry Stick" was still a big thing in here. We had the Hick'ry Stick Award going on and all that, and I was stuck for an idea for the Browns. I mean, what's a "Brown"? I thought of their dog pound fans and came up with this one:

Man Supes I hate to hear that, the Brownies toon was my idea LOL, H e l l I got it with no malice a forethought from throwing a tennis ball with my dog in the backyard ie you want the ball you want the ball. The copy is still on my wall at work. Here's to Kroy busting out of his funk and getting another INT for a TD.

This is a rooster, but you get the idea. This is what came to my mind, when I saw that cartoon. tongue.png

Go Falcons! Let's give them dogs a spanking! biggrin.png

Foghorn Leghorn, one of my all time favorite cartoons, if this was made today it would be judged to **** and even considered racist, probably why todays cartoons suck ***.

Man Supes I hate to hear that, the Brownies toon was my idea LOL, H e l l I got it with no malice a forethought from throwing a tennis ball with my dog in the backyard ie you want the ball you want the ball. The copy is still on my wall at work. Here's to Kroy busting out of his funk and getting another INT for a TD.

That's right, brother. Back when I was doing the weekly cartoon contest, you won that one! Good times, I say,...good times! laugh.png

I remember Kroy's int for that TD! That might have been the last time he busted a move! laugh.png