Falcons Vs. The Nfl Standard

GleasonForever!

Statement: I am a Falcons Fan

The falcons got a win yesterday but let's be real about this team.

We do NOT meet the current standard of elite teams or even good teams. We win our games against the worst division in football. If we make it to the playoff we will get embarrassed AGAIN!

Standard on Offense:

-Greenbay

-New England

-Broncos

-Philadelphia( Foles)

-Cowboys

Standard on Defense

-Cardinals

-Detroit

-Broncos

-Buffalo(personnel)

-New England

-Kansas City

-San Fran

-Seattle

The Falcons roster does not remotely resemble these teams. Congrats on a win yesterday but this team still needs an overhaul.

We will win just enough games to put us out of reach of Gregory, Shane Ray, and Beasely. We will be forced to take a right tackle or RB in the first while this team is severely deficient on defense as well as injury prone.

It is what it is and I tell it from my view point. I will have people disagree but anyone happy with a win against Carolina is falling for the false hope this team and ownership is trying to preach to the fans because they want butts in seats for that stadium in 2017.

Yea so if the season ended today The Falcons host Greenbay and will have a repeat of the 2012 playoffs then everyone should be sooooo shocked that we got manhandled again and then everyone with be biithching. Truth hurts don't it?

who would honestly be shocked if that happened?

There will be plenty of money and passrushers on the market in the offseason, so please people stop fixating on us "losing draft draft position", especially as the team has just gotten into first place. It is an exercise in futility to focus on it.

Will they get romped in the playoffs if there isn't significant improvement in play, probably yes, but can they improve to be a contender if Ryan and the passing game get clicking? History says yes.

There will be plenty of money and passrushers on the market in the offseason, so please people stop fixating on us "losing draft draft position", especially as the team has just gotten into first place. It is an exercise in futility to focus on it.Will they get romped in the playoffs if there isn't significant improvement in play, probably yes, but can they improve to be a contender if Ryan and the passing game get clicking? History says yes.

It's really telling that this organization has to rely on FA and can't draft and develop players of their own. 0 ProBowl lineman on O or D drafted in 7 years. That's 0. You are making my point. We have continually had to overspend in FA because we can't draft and develop worth a salt. So yes I am not impressed with these wins. What's sad is that we could have lost that game after blowing a lead AGAIN!

who would honestly be shocked if that happened?

That's why I'm not all Hooray about these wins against the inept NFC south. It just sets up soooo many guys and girls on here to get all happy, spend their money, and the. Get upset. We had about 20 fire mike smith threads and I'm bitching J. You know I know you keep it real too man.

It's really telling that this organization has to rely on FA and can't draft and develop players of their own. 0 ProBowl lineman on O or D drafted in 7 years. That's 0. You are making my point. We have continually had to overspend in FA because we can't draft and develop worth a salt. So yes I am not impressed with these wins. What's sad is that we could have lost that game after blowing a lead AGAIN!

I am aware of the shortcomings of Smitty and Dmitroff. Everyone is. So no, I don't see the "point" of this thread, other than to rain on people's parade after a win, and complain about draft position that we have absolutely no control over as the team clearly isn't going to tank.

But whatever makes you feel better I guess. I'm going to continue to hope for improvement, because hoping for failure just seems pointless. It's a short season we all look forward to, so worry about the offseason in the offseason.

Edited by B3TD

That's why I'm not all Hooray about these wins against the inept NFC south. It just sets up soooo many guys and girls on here to get all happy, spend their money, and the. Get upset. We had about 20 fire mike smith threads and I'm bitching J. You know I know you keep it real too man.

I don't think you're bitching and I surely agree about these victories. I can't and won't get excited until they beat a contender. If they beat Arizona, Pittsburgh and/or green Bay in route to a division title, then a glimpse of hope will hit me right in the heart. Until then, I won't get excited. Don't care how it's accepted either. But yeah, overlook what is said about you man.

Statement: I am a Falcons Fan

The falcons got a win yesterday but let's be real about this team.

We do NOT meet the current standard of elite teams or even good teams. We win our games against the worst division in football. If we make it to the playoff we will get embarrassed AGAIN!

Standard on Offense:

-Greenbay

-New England

-Broncos

-Philadelphia( Foles)

-Cowboys

Standard on Defense

-Cardinals

-Detroit

-Broncos

-Buffalo(personnel)

-New England

-Kansas City

-San Fran

-Seattle

The Falcons roster does not remotely resemble these teams. Congrats on a win yesterday but this team still needs an overhaul.

We will win just enough games to put us out of reach of Gregory, Shane Ray, and Beasely. We will be forced to take a right tackle or RB in the first while this team is severely deficient on defense as well as injury prone.

It is what it is and I tell it from my view point. I will have people disagree but anyone happy with a win against Carolina is falling for the false hope this team and ownership is trying to preach to the fans because they want butts in seats for that stadium in 2015

I think the era of rbs in the first is gone. It is a pass first league now. second sure first no way. I would be happy if we got a RT or a G in the 1st. who no clue

It's really telling that this organization has to rely on FA and can't draft and develop players of their own. 0 ProBowl lineman on O or D drafted in 7 years. That's 0.

What I don't get is the complaining about a loss in draft position and then complaining that our staff can't draft worth a ****.

I think the era of rbs in the first is gone. It is a pass first league now. second sure first no way. I would be happy if we got a RT or a G in the 1st. who no clue

if we're drafting in the bottom third of the round I'd be inclined to look hard at those two positions.

Im not saying the Falcons(Players) should be down but I'm just posting this to see if there are any more advert opinions by fans on the current and future state of this team. Its a Falcons message board talking about the Falcons.

I feel a lot on here are drinking the koolaid. Yes we will be relevant in Dec and January IF we continue to win but has this team shown you any performance to prove they can compete in the playoffs? Like the coaches say on to the next week. Yes we won yesterday but that performance was crappy against a team that gave up 9 sacks.

Quote of the day on Sunday: Newton has all day to throw.... and we are suppose to host a playoff game against Rogers?

I'm with you OP. The most impressive thing about this victory over the Panthers was just how unimpressive it really was. We played inconsistently, coughed up another lead and really should have lost that game. We didn't win it so much as the Panthers FG kicker handed us a gift. With Alford out and Antoine out for the season, there was zero about yesterday's win to get me excited about our game vs the Browns or our prospects for making the play-offs. There were certainly some good points; the defense played a little better and didn't seem quite as lost. Ryan put a late drive together to get the go-ahead FG in the 4th period just like the old days. But, like Ya_Boi_j said, I want to see a win against a good team before I start taking all this play-off talk seriously.

Exactly PokerSteve This organization will be a joke if the Falcons get embarrassed by Greenbay and Arizona in the regular season and still manage to make it to playoffs. Once again giving the fans of this organization false hope. All the commercials will run saying rise up, all the tickets will get bought by Packers fans, and we will lose by 20points in the playoffs

Exactly PokerSteve This organization will be a joke if the Falcons get embarrassed by Greenbay and Arizona in the regular season and still manage to make it to playoffs. Once again giving the fans of this organization false hope. All the commercials will run saying rise up, all the tickets will get bought by Packers fans, and we will lose by 20points in the playoffs