If This Is All True, Dimitroff Is Sheisty And Needs To Go Asap

bdog 29

http://meekslogic.wordpress.com/2014/08/18/39/

I'll be the first to admit I don't really care for Miko Grimes but this blog is really interesting. The whole Brent Grimes fiasco in 2011 seemed fishy to me from the jump. Grimes was one of our best players and seemed to give his all for this team even when it was made painfully obvious they wanted badly to go elsewhere (demoting him to right corner for Chris Owens in 09). He played hard even in meaningless games so the idea that he wouldn't play in a playoff game when he could didn't seem right. She even mentioned in the blog how he came back early for that Saints game because it was a rivalry game. So it seems off to me that he'd miss the Giants game just because.

But like most of you, I believed the front office. Now it seems like the whole thing was gamesmanship to set us up for eventually dumping him. The FO should have locked Grimes up when it became obvious he was one of the better corners in the league but they kept him on short term deals (including the franchise tag) the entire time he was here.

This highlights an issue I think has happened too many times with Dimitroff, disrespecting some of our best players. Curtis Lofton has gone on record about how he was lowballed in negotiations with us and the way this FO treated Abe still makes me sick. How do you ask a man to take a paycut one year and then cut him anyway the next year? It makes me sad thinking of Abe on NFL network the day after he was cut decked out in full Falcons gear saying, "Go Falcons". The guy had heart and loved this team and Dimitroff cut him anyway.

His inability to draft offensive and defensive linemen is bad enough but when you add the fact that Dimitroff has let some of these guys go while extending the likes of Kroy Biermann and Sam Baker, it really shows how inept he is. We still haven't found adequate replacements for Loston and Abe and while Trufant is good, he's nowhere near the playmaker that Grimes was. It's one thing to make mistakes but when it's as egregious and disrespectful as the ones Dimitroff has made, it is unforgiveable.

Edited by bdog 29

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For the lazy

Home

To most, that date doesnt mean much, but to me, that date represents the first time I truly understood just how crazy the business of football can be. You see, on that date, the Falcons were on the road, playing the Giants in the NFC Wild Card game. (This may become a long read as I will be doing a little rewinding. Stay with me though, you wont regret these minutes.)

Lets rewind

Brent pretty much played the entire 2011 season with a knee injury. He knew this was an important year for the team, so if he could delay surgery and play thru the pain, he would. By week 12, the pain was unbearable and he found himself unable to perform. He was forced to have surgery. The return time was 4 weeks, depending on how your body reacts. Worst case scenario, he returns if we make the playoffs. A little less than 4 weeks later, the Falcons were playing the Saints, in New Orleans, on a Monday night. YIKES!! Who knows how big that game was? For the fans, it was everything, but in all actuality, it was just another game. You see, the Falcons had already clinched a playoff birth, so win or lose, they were going to play in the post season. I asked my husband not to play in that game. Would you like to know why? He had surgery almost 4 weeks prior, it was the Saints so I knew he would give max effort on a recently repaired knee, and we had already secured a playoff spot. Remember, a win was not needed to make the playoffs. He told me the coaches asked him to play because it was their rivals. It was personal. They needed him. He decided to play, against my wishes, and re-injured the same knee. I was sick! He would sit out the final game of the season, with a knee injury.

Friday, January 6, 2012, date night! Hubby and I had a scheduled date night every Friday of the week. We usually did dinner, a movie, shopping, and sometimes we stayed home (out of Aidens sight), so that we could connect privately. That night, we decided to go out to dinner and then the mall for a little shopping. It had been 11 days since the Saints game and it was also Brents first full practice since. When Brent got out of the car, I noticed he had a limp. I didnt pay it any attention since I knew he re-injured it less than two weeks prior, and had his first full practice. After dinner, we were headed to the mall and I noticed the limp became more dramatic as the night went on. After asking multiple times, if he was ok, he finally admitted to me that he was in pain. He was not hurt, he was injured. There is a difference. When youre hurt, you can still compete, when youre injured, you need to sit down and let the next man step up in your absence. Everybody knows I go to every game, home or road, so I was all set to fly out the next morning to attend the game that Sunday. Once I realized he was in pain, we went straight home. I called Delta, cancelled my plane ticket, as well as put my seats up for sale. I didnt see the point in going to New York, leaving my son behind, to watch my husband sit on the sidelines.

The next day, January 7, 2012, hubby went to the team walk thru and told the trainers about his pain. He was told to go on the trip and he would be a game time decision. WHAT??? Excuse me? How can he be a game time decision when he cant walk? Why would you want a player that is functioning at less than 60% to play when you have a roster full of guys that are supposed to be able to fill in? It didnt make sense to me. But I rolled with it, knowing there was NO WAY he would be cleared to play in his condition.

It is now Sunday morning, which is game day. Brent went to the stadium with the team and immediately began doing warm-up drills, testing the knee. There was still pain. He called me and said, I still have pain. So instantly, Im thinking about who will replace him and can we still get this win with our best corner out. I was apprehensive! As I sat in front of the TV, watching the pre-game show, I hear the commentator say, Brent Grimes has been cleared to play by the Falcons team doctor. I swear to you I almost puked! I couldnt believe what I just heard! My Twitter mentions went NUTS!! The fans were tweeting me saying how we would for sure win since he was playing! I was confused. How is this possible? Hes injured! I called him back! Brent said he called Dr. Andrews, the doctor that performed his surgery, to get his opinion. Dr. Andrews said, specifically, 5 weeks post surgery you should not feel a thing! If you feel anything, you are not to play. That settled it for me; I didnt care what the Falcons doctor said. We were both baffled at why the Falcons team doctor would clear him to play, knowing he was not able to perform. As most of you know, he decided not to play. We lost the game 24-2. -___-

So I ask you, why do you think he was cleared by the Falcons, when he wasnt able to perform? What were the Falcons asking him to do, by medically clearing him to play, knowing he was injured? Did they want him to injure himself worse than he already had? Did they not believe in their back ups? Did they care at all about Brents future in the NFL if he played injured and was unable to play the next season? Of course they didnt. They were only thinking of themselves.

Brent was thrown under the bus. The Falcons made it seem as though he was medically capable of playing, but was choosing not to play. That couldnt be further from the truth. He was injured. Could he have gone out there and gave it a try? Yes, but why would you do that when basic back peddling drills are causing you pain? It made no sense. He would hurt the team more than he could help. I wanted the Falcons to explain to everyone that Brent was not able to perform and the clearance from the team doctor was a game they were playing with the Giants, to make them believe he was going to play. And because they didnt, there was a TON of backlash.

The fans and media painted a picture of a guy that was so money hungry that he decided not to play in the biggest game of the season. It was decided, without asking Brent, that he was leaving his team hanging for his own selfish reasons. But if that were the case, why did he play in the Saints game? Why did he play the entire season hurt? Why did he even try to play when he got to New York? And WHY did the Falcons give the franchise tag (a guaranteed 10.6 million dollars in one year) about 2 months later, to a player that was leaving them hanging? Let that marinate.

At this point, I despise the Falcons organization. I am ashamed to cheer for a team that would put a guy who has done everything right, even when he had reasons not to, in such a horrible position with the fans. Im upset that my husband had several opportunities to leave this organization but he chose not to because he was showing so much loyalty to an organization that never believed in him to begin with. I was livid with the front office for tagging him and NEVER, and I mean EVER, despite what you read, making the attempt to negotiate a long term deal with him. My husband had a one year contract for his entire career as a Falcon and there were never any negotiations to give him a multi-year deal, ever! The Falcons disrespected Brent on multiple occasions (that I cant speak on) and all he ever did in return was show them loyalty.

So there it is. All the facts! Now you know why I say to **** with the Falcons. It has nothing to do with the men in the uniform, it has everything to do with a front office and coaching staff that had an opportunity to tell an amazing story about a guy that shouldnt have made it this far. Instead, they took advantage of him. They used his loyalty against him. And if youre a fan of the Falcons, or any team, I encourage you to watch what you say to the players. You dont know everything. They only tell you what they want you to know. Just be a fan. Cheer for you team, love who you love, and keep it moving!

Watching Grimes play Thursday night and now considered a top tier CB we wonder why we are in the shape we're in with these clowns running the team.

When we lost Lofton I thought who are we going to replace him with. He led our team in tackles and now leads the Saints. All world no better than anyone we have yes

Grimes should have been given a long term contract but we like Baker better. The kid can ball we could have Tufant and Grimes in our backfield and used the Alford pick on someone else and the secondary would be light years better.

Abe is the toughest one I felt he had 2 years left in the tank but that was handled so poorly it gives Miko blog validity. The guy bled red and black and i felt so sorry for him after he was cut so he goes to Arizona and puts up 11.5 sacks I don't think our entire defense had 11+ sacks that year. I also believe the way he was treated could have been a tipping point with any personal problems he had that may have been in check at the time all of that is just my personal opinion.

We won games with this regime but keeping these guys getting a LT sooner, not extending Baker, using the draft picks on a pass rush and offensive lineman instead of replacing these players, plus not blowing it in FA by signing the 30+ club when you look back the cons far outweigh the pro's and now it's all come home to roost.

We have a decent core of rookies but everyone is getting older and now we are facing a FO overhaul to start over again.

Edited by Xfactor

Been on optimus' team literally from day one. Like his first or second year starting I said he'd end up top 7. I think that has come to pass. **** shame grown men were so affected by her. She getting the last laugh tho.

I never believed that BS about Grimes.  He was good for this franchise and an example of hard work, dedication, and more talent than given credit.   The man should have never finished the 2010 season w/o a raise.   Oh, and to the Miko haters, a man can only wish to have a woman that has his back like that. Edited by Mid-Nite-Toker

I think TD and his staff haven't been good at scouting and drafting and are to blame for the lack of talent on this team, especially on defense. I didn't like how the Grimes situation was handled either. He's one of the better CBs in the NFL and we shoulda kept him - he woulda fit in well opposite Trufaunt.

BUT when you're the head guy in charge everything you do is criticized. I would like to hear the Falcons' side of the story first before I say TD had a personal vendetta against Grimes or say that he was purposely shady. Especially if the opposing source is Miko's blog.

Say what you want, most here villified Grimes for sitting out. Yall don't act all high and mighty now that he is gone. Yall ate him up for exactly what she said "Sitting out the biggest game of the season...for money".

I don't think what the FO did was wrong if they knew he was banged up. A 5'9 corner who relies purely on his athleticism and is already constantly banged up is a risky proposition. He was probably going to get the contract after a healthy 2011 (seems logical at least). He didn't stay healthy. Then he tears his Achilles. There are varying ways people come back from that injury. Some don't. Some do.

It amazes me how this place mostly was acceptable to Grimes' departure due to the risks, but not act like they knew all along he would bounce back and be better. Hindsight is strong around here.

Say what you want, most here villified Grimes for sitting out. Yall don't act all high and mighty now that he is gone. Yall ate him up for exactly what she said "Sitting out the biggest game of the season...for money".I don't think what the FO did was wrong if they knew he was banged up. A 5'9 corner who relies purely on his athleticism and is already constantly banged up is a risky proposition. He was probably going to get the contract after a healthy 2011 (seems logical at least). He didn't stay healthy. Then he tears his Achilles. There are varying ways people come back from that injury. Some don't. Some do.It amazes me how this place mostly was acceptable to Grimes' departure due to the risks, but not act like they knew all along he would bounce back and be better. Hindsight is strong around here.

Never said anything negative about Grimes. Never thought he sat out as a negotiating tacticxNever said anything negative about Grimes. Never thought he sat out as a negotiating tactic, and was pissed when he was let go. So you are wrong. And like was said before...he shoulda been locked up way before any of the injury stuff.

People saying coming off injury are missing the point, he shoulda already been signed long term.

I'm not sure that I trust the word of someone who openly admits that she despises the organisation. The idea that we would be desparate to play him when he "can't walk" or would want him get injured, is a laughable.

Football is a business. Unproven players get short term deals. For all of her complaining, grimes would never have made it if we hadn't given him the opportunity, and after 1 good season we paid Grimes $10.6m in 2012 and got nothing in return.

I never really understood why a group of men could dislike a female as much as the men here do. Talk about catching feelings

B!tch made. ANY female that is married to another man and supports him 110% that gets under another man's skin is a suspect to me. She never bothered me or pissed me off. She made me laugh a lot with how she shot back at her stalkers. Cause at that point that's what they were doing to her. Lol

I'm not sure that I trust the word of someone who openly admits that she despises the organisation. The idea that we would be desparate to play him when he "can't walk" or would want him get injured, is a laughable.

Football is a business. Unproven players get short term deals. For all of her complaining, grimes would never have made it if we hadn't given him the opportunity, and after 1 good season we paid Grimes $10.6m in 2012 and got nothing in return.

Unproven? Are you serious?

http://meekslogic.wordpress.com/2014/08/18/39/

I'll be the first to admit I don't really care for Miko Grimes but this blog is really interesting. The whole Brent Grimes fiasco in 2011 seemed fishy to me from the jump. Grimes was one of our best players and seemed to give his all for this team even when it was made painfully obvious they wanted badly to go elsewhere (demoting him to right corner for Chris Owens in 09). He played hard even in meaningless games so the idea that he wouldn't play in a playoff game when he could didn't seem right. She even mentioned in the blog how he came back early for that Saints game because it was a rivalry game. So it seems off to me that he'd miss the Giants game just because.

But like most of you, I believed the front office. Now it seems like the whole thing was gamesmanship to set us up for eventually dumping him. The FO should have locked Grimes up when it became obvious he was one of the better corners in the league but they kept him on short term deals (including the franchise tag) the entire time he was here.

This highlights an issue I think has happened too many times with Dimitroff, disrespecting some of our best players. Curtis Lofton has gone on record about how he was lowballed in negotiations with us and the way this FO treated Abe still makes me sick. How do you ask a man to take a paycut one year and then cut him anyway the next year? It makes me sad thinking of Abe on NFL network the day after he was cut decked out in full Falcons gear saying, "Go Falcons". The guy had heart and loved this team and Dimitroff cut him anyway.

His inability to draft offensive and defensive linemen is bad enough but when you add the fact that Dimitroff has let some of these guys go while extending the likes of Kroy Biermann and Sam Baker, it really shows how inept he is. We still haven't found adequate replacements for Loston and Abe and while Trufant is good, he's nowhere near the playmaker that Grimes was. It's one thing to make mistakes but when it's as egregious and disrespectful as the ones Dimitroff has made, it is unforgiveable.

You're absolutely right. He resigns his inferior draft picks, even if they are injury prone (Baker, Jelly, Biermann), but UDFAs that prove out or guys from other regimes (Abe, Grimes, Laurent Robinson) don't get the same treatment. It's all about trying to make himself look better.

Well, the curtain's open on the wizard now. He ain't fooling anybody anymore.

B!tch made. ANY female that is married to another man and supports him 110% that gets under another man's skin is a suspect to me. She never bothered me or pissed me off. She made me laugh a lot with how she shot back at her stalkers. Cause at that point that's what they were doing to her. Lol

Yep. That's the easiest way to break it down. Only female that gets under my skin is my daughter lol. I like miko. Now sometimes she could have fell back and not got on the idiots levels but she definitely held her own

Say what you want, most here villified Grimes for sitting out. Yall don't act all high and mighty now that he is gone. Yall ate him up for exactly what she said "Sitting out the biggest game of the season...for money".

I don't think what the FO did was wrong if they knew he was banged up. A 5'9 corner who relies purely on his athleticism and is already constantly banged up is a risky proposition. He was probably going to get the contract after a healthy 2011 (seems logical at least). He didn't stay healthy. Then he tears his Achilles. There are varying ways people come back from that injury. Some don't. Some do.

It amazes me how this place mostly was acceptable to Grimes' departure due to the risks, but not act like they knew all along he would bounce back and be better. Hindsight is strong around here.

Hindsight? Most of the TATF members that wanted Grimes long term wanted it done before the end of the 2010 season or during that offseason...they saw Grimes worth and voiced it.

The TATF members that believed Grimes intentionally sat out most likely called him a midget and never would admit, he was good. They always imagined Grimes could easily be replaced...but nobody could.

These same TATF members argued with his wife and were happy to see Grimes get Franchise tagged and then still have to prove something for a deal...not to mention saying he was getting old.