Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTA

Your 2014-2015 University Of Kentucky Wildcats

It's official now - all 7 guys leaving. Leaves UK with a nucleus of Tyler Ulis, Alex Poythress, and Marcus Lee along with Dominique Hawkins and Derek Willis who weren't used much this year but could definitely contribute in their junior years.

Bringing in a few top freshmen in Skal Labissiere, Isaiah Briscoe, and Charles Matthews, and will probably add 2-3 more at least. Malik Newman, Stephen Zimmerman, Jaylen Brown, Thon Maker, and Brandon Ingram are all possibilities.

What's the word around Durham re: Tyus Jones and Brandon Ingram?

Tyus is considering it but hes not sure he'll declare. I hope and part of me thinks he'll return. He's projected as a late first rounder right now. Coach K will no doubt be recruiting him back. Ingram is leaning Duke but UNC is still very much in.

You don't have to check. They're all available.

Thanks. I'm on my tablet today and the shortest distance between two points is a series of disconnected zig zag lines and even Googling takes forever.

Tyus is considering it but hes not sure he'll declare. I hope and part of me thinks he'll return. He's projected as a late first rounder right now. Coach K will no doubt be recruiting him back. Ingram is leaning Duke but UNC is still very much in.

AFAM has been Kryptonite to UNC recruiting. I'm 95% sure we will not snag a top 50 recruit until sanctions and reparations are resolved. What a frigging episode.

I'm just lowering my expectations. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than have my hopes dashed at the end.

Ditto for me bro. Just sanction us or don't I'm so tired of the ordeal. The cheap quips everyone always throws out are sooo repetitive, non creative, and they think they are being sooo funny by repeating a joke already heard 1000 times.

To Unkn0wn: I don't think Jones draft stock can be improved. I think that's what Jones has to look at. He just won a natty while being a 5 star recruit and played excellent all year and stepped up clutch in the tournament. I actually LOVE how he plays basketball*. I think he can be a very good pro.

*Only thing i have against him is his egregious head jerking and flopping. Dude hits the floor more than Wojo slapped it.

Jones is this year's version of Mike Conley, Jr. and Kendall Marshall. Had they come back the next season after all of the stud players were gone, they would have inevitably had their stock drop. I would advise him to leave if his goal is to play in the NBA. Scoony Penn came back for his senior season at Ohio State and went from being a late first round pick to being the second to last guy picked in the draft.

I would also advise Jones, Quinn Cook, and Justice Winslow to get hair cuts, but that's because I'm Ol' Skool.

Jones is this year's version of Mike Conley, Jr. and Kendall Marshall. Had they come back the next season after all of the stud players were gone, they would have inevitably had their stock drop. I would advise him to leave if his goal is to play in the NBA. Scoony Penn came back for his senior season at Ohio State and went from being a late first round pick to being the second to last guy picked in the draft.

I would also advise Jones, Quinn Cook, and Justice Winslow to get hair cuts, but that's because I'm Ol' Skool.

I'd advise Winslow to take a long walk off a short pier.

Don't see Tyus doing much in the league which is why I wish he would've stayed around and became one of those Duke players that are remembered. Hate that Winslow left because I think he could've put up some serious numbers next season with Ja gone and improved his draft stock.

Don't see Tyus doing much in the league which is why I wish he would've stayed around and became one of those Duke players that are remembered. Hate that Winslow left because I think he could've put up some serious numbers next season with Ja gone and improved his draft stock.

Winslow is being projected top 10. I don't see how much higher his stock could go.

Winslow is being projected top 10. I don't see how much higher his stock could go.

Just saying he could've come back and averaged probably a double double with well over 20 points a game and almost guaranteed himself as being a top 5 pick but it's hard to argue with top 10 money.

Tyus faced the same thing that Mike Conley Jr. faced when Greg Oden and Daequan Cook left Ohio State after the 2006 season. He'd return to a new team and have to develop chemistry with them after losing guys he played with in AAU for three years before college. This is after a number of heroic moments in the NCAA tournament that propelled his draft value into the lottery. Kendall Marshall faced the same problem when Harrison Barnes and John Henson declared.

Conley started slowly in the Association but now is a top 10 point guard; Marshall isn't. In my opinion, they both made the correct decision. Their futures are set barring any truly boneheaded financial mistakes.

If you are hoping to go to the pros, it's best to do it when your value is the highest. You can always return to school unless your focus is becoming a collegiate legend. I'm glad to see all three freshman leave dook and I hope they all find good barbers before they become professionals.

One of UK's big recruiting targets is gone... Stephen Zimmerman is staying home to play for UNLV. It's looking like Kentucky is gonna come in 2nd place for alot of the remaining top targets; good chance they don't land any of them.

Speaking of the NBA draft i find it funny how our 2nd and 4th picked players in the 09 draft are head and shoulders above the other 2. Lawson has an almsot 4-1 assist TO ratio this year.

And one DUI (right before the all-star break). He really let me down but he's still my boy.

Coach K is really starting to dig this one and done idea...

i find the duke fan's change on this to be quite comical. they have been up in arms about the one and dones and how coach k would never do that.. now it's great and nothing is wrong with it. i am not pointing to any duke fans on this board, but i have read duke boards for years and have seen that. most duke fans on this board are pretty reasonable regarding it. now with coach k clearly using one and dones will we see the national media hate for it die down since it's coach k.

I hate the system. I think it should be either 2 years or straight to the NBA. Its something I hope gets changed on the next CBA. However until then thats just the rules of the game. Every coach should be trying to get the best players they can for their program. Coach Cal just happens to be the best recruiter it would seem so Kentucky gets the most spotlight in regards to one and done. Bo Ryan is just a sour grape.