Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ket222

What Record Would Get Us A Top 5 Pick? Des Available

10 posts in this topic

Yes, I'm being pessimistic, but I noticed Walterfootball put all three of the top DEs in the top 5 or 6 of their 2015 draft. What record do we need to get into the top 5 based on previous years? Will winning 4 games get us there? 5? what are your predictions for our overall record?

How talented is this years draft compared with last years'? Matthews was a great pick but I have a bad feeling our 2nd and 3rd rounders (very high draft picks in a great draft) were wasted--too early to say, I know.

As long as Smitty keeps coaching and calling the shots a top 5 pick shouldn't be a problem

Mega Flare likes this

As it stands right now we have the 6th overall pick. If we don't win another game all year we have a top 3 pick. If we win one more I think that puts us in the 4-7 range. Two more wins 8-11 range.

I don't think we can get a worse record than the Bucs, Raiders, or Jags. They may not win another game. Jets would be tough to do worse than too, they may win 1 or two, as a stretch. We'll be fighting the Panthers, Washington, and Titans for the 5'th spot no matter how badly we do, so you can look at their schedules and decide how many wins would put us out of that range.

That being said, **** the tankers. I'm rooting for us to end up 10-6 until it's impossible. Playoff bound baby.

3-13. Teams like Tampa, Oakland and Jacksonville will pick top 3, with max 3 wins this year

Jets and Titans are very likely to finish 4-12. Some other teams might have 5 wins, so if you want a guaranteed top 5 pick we pretty much need to lose out.

Otherwise at say 5-11. 6-10, which is where I think we might finish, its in the 7-12 range.